Detective Conan World
IdentityUnknown

DCW IRL Christmas Special

"Welcome, welcome, welcome!" You wake up to lights glaring in your face. Music, like that of game shows, plays into your ears. "Ugh," you say. "Where am I?"

"Well, that's the question, isn't it?" A voice, way too cheerful for you at this time of the day replies. "You're on the Miracle Show...where we can make your dreams come true or turn them into absolute nightmares!"

"Absolute nightmares?" you question.

"...Oh, did I say that out loud?" the voice chuckles. "No, I'm just kidding folks! Of course, in this case, the nightmare will be walking away...without anything! Can you believe that?"

"Uh...so what do I do?"

"My goodness, isn't this young person very out of sorts!" the voice says. You can hear the artificial laughter already. "We never tell anyone how to play the game at the very start, can you believe that?" Cue the artificial laughter again. "No, you'll have to work it out yourself! And with your fellow contestants of course! You'll be meeting them shortly...very shortly. Or so you should hope."

~~~

So...we're going to do random signups this time so it's fair for everybody. Between now and December 1st midnight EST, you can sign up by PMing me. All people who have signed up will then be tossed into random.org and 8 will be randomly selected.

Note: I will be gone for a week and a couple of random days, if you're interested in subbing in for me as mod during this time please PM me.

Normal rules on joining one round at a time will not apply for this round.

NPCs will be created as needed, if a player feels the need for more/less NPCs, please message the moderator. NPCs should not be created without permission and will mainly be controlled by the moderator unless said otherwise. As this is a game show, there should not be much need for NPCs.

"Let the Miracle Show begin!"

You feel a jerking sensation in your stomach and you want to throw up as the floor below you drops away, leaving you falling in midair. Unable to hold it in, you scream. Oddly though, after a while, it doesn't feel that bad though you really, really hope that you're not going to end up as a splat on the floor...

Poof. You don't know what exactly's cushioning you. It's a large blue cube with a very soft texture (sort of like a feather pillow) that seems to wobble around like jelly. You mumble a few words before sliding onto the ground.

There are four other contestants around you, also rather dazed from their fall.

"Well, our contestants are gathered! Now please, introduce yourself to each other by telling everyone your name, age, occupation (if any), and an interesting fact about you!"

The voice is too cheery for you and you wait anxiously for someone else to speak up.

~~~

The following are the contestants in no particular order:

1. Tsukiko

2. Misaki-chan

3. Kaitou Kid Legendary Thief

4. Anime Girl 4 Eva

5. Wicky

Please post your character bio and a new post.

Mohorovicic will sub in for me from Thursday to Saturday this week.

(Character bio here:

Name: Sakila

Appearance: short black hair and brown eyes; tanned skin, always wears loose plain clothing because she can't be bothered to really put on anything nice

Personality: she almost doesn't have one. Some people might call her innocent, others childish, but she basically just has no preferences. She's pretty much emotionless but in a "wait a second, what the heck is emotion in the first place" kinda way. More so a follower than a leader, the only reaction you'll probably get from her is her trademark "Un." "Un" constitutes for yes, no, good job, bad job, etc. She speaks in mumbles and has slow reaction times. Most of her answers are one word long.

xDD I find it funny that my character for this one seems the foil for the one for IRL 5.)

Sakila blinked. Once. Twice. Three times.

What was going on?

No one was talking. Everyone seemed to be too jarred to say anything. But the voice had told them to speak. They should listen to the voice, right?

"Ishkiaffeen," she mumbled. She heard someone say, "Huh?" and turned to blink at them. She repeated it, a little more clearly: "Sakila. Fifteen." Then she sat down on the floor and fiddled with her hands, not looking up as everyone else made introductions.

Character bio: :D

(SAME THOUGHT AS AG4E) I hope I don't confuse my character between the two.

BIO:

Name: AMBER

Appearance: Erm... Black Hair, Curly twin-tails, Yellow and orange ribbons, lacy yellow, orange and white dress. Lolita. Yellow and white boots. (Basically, theme colour is AMBER.) Petite. Brown eyes.

Personality: CRAZY. Willful. Angered easily. Sometimes laughs alot, sometimes cries alot. Heavy mood swings. Slight double (Or triple) personality, but not exactly - something like a few personalities inter-switching at random (like a conference call).

Skills:

Skill 1: Good actress.

Skill 2: GAMES. Children games. Platform games. RPGs. Whatever. (Basically - PLAYING - So if you change something from a "sport" to a "game" she will do it a lot better.)

Skill 3: Jumping, running, aiming, throwing, being active. Basically - Stamina.

Weakness: Boys. Guys. (Unless she feels that they are safe). Dodging. Thinking. Many of the times, acting on impulse.

=====

I SHALL ACT AS A KIDDDDD. (This is so anime style... lol)

=====

"WEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!" Amber cheered as she fell down. "Ah!" Amber exclaimed when she fell on top of a huge blue cube with a very soft texture. "Ahahaha hahahahahah hehee~ hehe-eh?"

Just then, she realised that there are four other people beside her. "Hmmm...?" Those people don't seem to be very excited. Suddenly a voice started an announcement. Amber turned her head to the speaker excitedly.

"Well, our contestants are gathered! Now please, introduce yourself to each other by telling everyone your name, age, occupation (if any), and an interesting fact about you!"

'Introductions?' Amber whispered to herself.

An older sis just mumbled something besides her. She didn't pay attention.

"Me me meeeee!" Amber raised her hands excitedly. "I'm AMBER!" She exclaimed excitedly while showing off her Amber-coloured dress. "My favourite colour is...erm... yellow... no orange... no... AMBER!! Hehehe~ And erm... I'm 9... no 10...!!! Hahahaha~"

Amber spun around twice laughing and then suddenly stopped. "... By the way, what is occupation?" Amber asked the voice.

"Aha! An occupation is a job or a profession!" The voice explained.

"...Job?" Amber asks.

"Yep that's right!"

"Ah... Am...Amber... Amber has no job. Amber is still young...so Amber has no job." the girl suddenly turned solemn.

"Alright! Then what is an interesting fact about you?!" The voice asked.

"Eh...? In...teresting... fact?" the girl looked a little shocked, but proceeded to think. "... Ah! Hahaha! Amber knows!!! AMBER LOVES AMBER! And Amber can run very fast! Amber can run all day without being tired!!! Amber can play all day without being tired too!!! Hehe~" and the girl started to bounce around.

"Good~! Now let's have the others introduce themselves!"

=========================

I. Am. Too. Hyper. I. Need. To. Calm. Down. :V

Bio:

Name: Misaki

Appearance: 5'8, loosely curled black hair parted in the middle ending at the shoulder blades, army green corduroy jacket with a violet top underneath, blue skinny jeans, black lace up boots with a one inch heal, a gold chain necklace connected to a piece of jade (shaped in a circle)

Personality: Overly rational, very blunt (and as a result, tends to offend people), prefers animals and computers over humans (carries a black and white fancy rat named Krysa, who stays in her jacket pocket along with a phone with a bunch of handy features), terrible liar but very good at skirting around the truth when necessary, very independent, not very good people skills.

POOF!

Misaki landed on a blue cube, quite cushiony at that. But even if she had landed safely from the sudden drop, her hand quickly scurried into her jacket pocket, scared her little friend had been hurt, and took out a small rat to make sure she was ok. Once checking her over and being assured she was fine as well, the worry of her poor pet being hurt left.

"Ishkiaffeen," someone mumbled. Since no one heard the girl, she repeated it, a little more clearly: "Sakila. Fifteen." Then she sat down on the floor and fiddled with her hands, not looking up at all. The next person, a young child, introduced herself next excitedly.

"Me me meeeee!" The girl raised her hands excitedly. "I'm AMBER!" she exclaimed excitedly while showing off her Amber-coloured dress. "My favourite colour is...erm... yellow... no orange... no... AMBER!! Hehehe~ And erm... I'm 9... no 10...!!! Hahahaha~"

Amber spun around twice laughing and then suddenly stopped. "... By the way, what is occupation?" Amber asked the voice.

"Aha! An occupation is a job or a profession!" The voice explained.

"...Job?" she asks.

"Yep that's right!"

"Ah... Am...Amber... Amber has no job. Amber is still young...so Amber has no job." the girl suddenly turned solemn.

"Alright! Then what is an interesting fact about you?!" The voice asked.

"Eh...? In...teresting... fact?" the girl looked a little shocked, but proceeded to think. "... Ah! Hahaha! Amber knows!!! AMBER LOVES AMBER! And Amber can run very fast! Amber can run all day without being tired!!! Amber can play all day without being tired too!!! Hehe~" and the girl started to bounce around.

"Good~! Now let's have the others introduce themselves!"

Misaki decided to go next, just to get it out of the way. "I am Misaki. 16."

The voice asked, "Do you have an occupation?"

"Student."

"So how about an interesting fact?" She could practically hear the grin the voice was giving.

"I feel no need to share one," she stated, "since no one really cares."

And with that, she fell silent, waiting for the remaining two to introduce themselves.

(My Bio is the same one than in round5. It's probably something like that in every round I'll participate...)

Name: Tsukiko

Nationality: Finnish

Appearance: Light brown hair, blue eyes. Pretty tall(170cm)

Description: Sometimes bright personality, sometimes a bit depressed. Wants to think things through but is mostly forces to act by an impulse. Likes to throw things at others who annoy her(and sometimes just because...).

Abilities: Pretty good detuctive skills and memory, good aim at throwing things(stones, knives, balls, pillows, anything), perfect pitch, not very fast in running but still in good condition, right handed

Tsukiko slid down on the cushion and looked around. There were four others and three of them had just introduced themselves.

"I can be the next one." She said and made the others, especially the girl who acted like some three-year-old(Amber), jump. They obviously hadn't noticed her coming since she hadn't screamed during the fall.

Very well then. Name, age, occupation and some interesting fact about you. A voice said.

"The name is Tsukiko. I'm seventeen years old and on the second grade in high school. No occupation unless you coulnt being a student as one. Interesting fact... Don't annoy me unless you want something being thrown on your face. I warn you. My aim is perfect." Tsukiko replied with indifferent tone and turned then towards the remaining person who hadn't introduced themselves yet.

(sorry for not posting, and thanks for reminding me Sakila~ <3)

Here's the character sheet thingey:

Name: Homer Do

Personality: Fat, jolly, chubby, happy... But still very inquistitive.

Appearence: Red sweater, hi-top shoes, black jeans, and a santa hat xD

Homer fell on a cushion and looked around.

Well, our contestants are gathered! Now please, introduce yourself to each other by telling everyone your name, age, occupation (if any), and an interesting fact about you!"

Homer stepped on confidently and said "I'm Homer... But please don't associate me with the Simpsons. " He said smiling. "Interesting fact? I like foooooddd~" "My occupation is currently working as a Santa Claus at a shopping mall." Homer said jollily.

Lights flash, the music playing again, and you shield your eyes and turn your head away. Suddenly, there's this dropping sensation and...is the electricity you hear? A low humming?

The hairs on the back of your neck stand up as you're zapped with something. Before you can realize what it is, you land in a random room. None of the other contestants are in it, but there are four doors...

You have an overwhelming urge to throw up now. What is with these people and transportation?

"You're all in a different room of an endlessly large maze!" The Voice shouts gleefully. "Your goal? Find the room in the middle, avoid any...uh...traps, and touch the crystal ball! This challenge, you'll have to work together, because the crystal ball will only activate and send you back when all five contestants have placed their hand on it simultaneously! Good luck!"

"Kiiiii...! " Amber squealed when the electricity zapped her. After which she felt a really strange sensation. She didn't really know the sensation was called 'static'. The voice once again, explained the instructions. It was to touch the crystal ball.

"Ah! Crystal ball~ crystal ball~! Lalalalala~!" Amber started singing while skipping her way through the maze. "Hide not~ hide not~! For Amber is coming to find youuuuu~!"

Amber started to hum a tune and then she started singing.

"One day, The children one by one went missing in town~ And Amber's gonna find them~ and bring hem back safe and sound!

... She searched the homes and mountains and lakes, and rivers, forests, farms and sea...

... But the children were nowhere~ nowhere~ nowhere to be found~~~ ...

... So have they been taken away? Or have they disappeared? ...

Mommy says, mommy says, they are bad kids, bad kids... So they've been taken away~

... So Amber shall be good and stay quiet... So she won't be taken... away........."

Suddenly Amber quietened down and drooped her head.

"... Momm.. Mommy. ... ... MOMMMMYYYYYYYYYYYY!" she yelled out loud and started bawling.

==================

Tsukiko looked at the four doors. She understand very well what she had to do. The doors were identical, supposedly so were the rooms behind them. And all the rooms were supposedly connected to each other. And at some point she'd meet the others. With a sigh she reached for her boot and took out a knife from there. Then she walked to the doors and carved a symbol on each: a triangle, a square, a circle and a crescent. Then she carved on the wall between the doors: "T's starting point". In the case someone else would stumble into the room or she'd end up back.

"Okay... Let's try the triangular one first..." Tsukiko opened the first door and walked into an identical room, she had assumed. There was also a couple of doors, three if you counted the door She had come through. Tsukiko marked the door with an X. The was the direction she had come and she'd with her way back by following the X'es then.

"Okay... Two other doors. Let's take the left one now." She marked the door with a small number one and on the floor she carved another triangular. She would not afford of getting lost.

Sakila looked around the room. It really couldn't get any whiter and the fluorescent lighting was starting to get to her eyes.

She clenched her fists, which were hidden beneath the long sleeves of her shirt and crossed her arms in an effort to garner warmth. Walking up to the doors, she picked the first one simply because she didn't know what else to do. Then she reached into her pocket and pulled out a chocolate bar. She broke off a part of it and tossed it into the middle of the first room as a marker.

And silently carried on.

(EDITED. Since no one wants to contact mehhhh :()

Edited by Anime Girl 4 Eva

Homer landed and almost threw up. He began to think that this wasn't a good idea. He just managed to hear "Your goal? Find the room in the middle, avoid any...uh...traps, and touch the crystal ball! This challenge, you'll have to work together, because the crystal ball will only activate and send you back when all five contestants have placed their hand on it simultaneously! Good luck!" This isn't goodHomer thought, as he set off..

(ohohoho I'm gonna make you people help this poor little girl here :P if I don't touch it, you people don't advance! XD)

Amber kept on crying until she couldn't cry anymore. She picked herself up and opened a door. She went in.

It was unlit. There was another door on the opposite side, but the girl didn't care. She went to the corner and sat down. The door that she came in from shut and darkness swallowed everything around her. Now, she is unable to see anything at all. In this midst of darkness, Amber fell asleep.

------

:V

(NPCs will be created as needed. If a player feels the need for more/less NPCs, please message the moderator. NPCs should not be created without permission and will mainly be controlled by the moderator unless said otherwise. As this is a game show, there should not be much need for NPCs. )

"Ugh..." Misaki muttered as she rubbed her head, "What is with them and such weird transportation? After all there are so many other way-"

"You're all in a different room of an endlessly large maze!" The Voice shouts gleefully, unknowingly interrupting what she was saying. "Your goal? Find the room in the middle, avoid any...uh...traps, and touch the crystal ball! This challenge, you'll have to work together, because the crystal ball will only activate and send you back when all five contestants have placed their hand on it simultaneously! Good luck!"

As the voice fell silent, Misaki looked around. Nothing else was present but three doors that supposedly led out of the room, all identical in color and shape. In order to avoid getting lost (because getting lost was stupid and not needed), she took a seat on the ground and took out her very high-tech phone. OK, first press this, then this, then configure a few numbers and do that....

She worked on her phone, the clacking of buttons present in the air, while taking her time since rushing could lead to faulty coding. After a while, she gave an approving nod to herself as she admired her handiwork. While it is a bit simple, this mapping application should be good enough for now just so I don't get lost.

Just as she was about to pick a door to go through, Kyrsa peeped out of her pocket. Misaki let out a small grin as she gave her beloved pet rat a small scratch on the head for good luck. After making sure her mapping program was working correctly, she turned the middle door's knob and opened it before walking into the next room.

(I'm going to be being a very active moderator...to the point where it may seem like I'm RPing with you.

I may randomly put you 'out of commission'...this will not last for more than a day. I will generally do this to mix up the story line and those who are out of commission will gain one clue about how to "win" the Miracle Show.)

Tsukiko walks through two more doors, carving triangles along the way to attempt from getting lost. By now, she has no clue where exactly she is.

She steps into the next room. As the door closes shut behind her, a set of red bars appear. Lasers! She steps back in shock, her grip on her knife loosening and it slides into the middle of the floor between the laser beams. It's too far for her to reach and she can't crawl underneath the bars. Panicked, she reaches for the doorknob of the door behind her but it's locked.

The Voice appears again. "Welcome to your first challenge!" it exclaims. "My, my, this is an exciting one you've stumbled upon. Get through the laser beams without touching them and you'll be able to pass through this room smoothly. Touch one of them and you'll be transported to a completely different room without your knife!"

~~~

Each of you will have challenges, I just decided to go with Tsukiko first since she was one of the first ones I saw. For reference for the lasers...

where-a-new-laser-security-system-is-tested-athens-greece%2B1152_12813722211-tpfil02aw-19443.jpg

The rooms do not look like the one above.

The rooms are square with four doors in total (including the one you walk through to get into the room). There is one lightbulb in the room. Some (very few) are dark. Floors are wooden. Rooms all look normal upon entry, though some may reveal themselves as challenges or traps. The room itself is very plain, cream colored walls, no designs (unless it's a challenge), etc. When a contestant is in a challenge, you will not be able to find them.

The game show (after each major challenge, this one being the maze) will score your effort. The person who earns the most points gets a boost (a hint in the challenge, a clue, a headstart, etc.) For the sake of fun, no one will be eliminated.

By the way, during the challenge, other contestants are allowed to post, however Tsukiko will be isolated. Challenges can involve more than one person.

A deep sigh. And another sigh. Tsukiko leaned against the now closed door and looked at the lazer beams. She had no choises. Well, she had but that choice would mean abdoning her knife and she definitely not would do that!

"Okay, I do have another knife in my boots but I prefer having both of them with me..." She murmured to herself. Then she straightened up and walked closer to the beams. Only one try to get through them and get her knife and continue the organized path she had started to go through.

Ducking one beam, stepping over another one, being in weird angled positions, a couple of close calls... and she was in the middle of the room, right next to her knife. With a grin Tsukiko picked it up and was going to proceed but noticed the rest of the was completely blocked from her... but not from her knife...

"Wit beyond measure is man's greatest treasure..." She mused and threw the knife through the beams, in the middle of somekind of control panel. The electric shock shut down the beams.

"Nehehe... I beat you up in this game. I didn't touch any of the beams, got my knife back and crossed the room safely." Tsukiko took her knife from the wall and made a triangle to the next door before going through it. "Let's see what will be next."

=======

Amber finally woke up from her sleep.

She glanced around groggily and found that she was finally able to see in the darkness. Her eyes had already gotten used to it.

She realised there were four doors from the lights that seeped in from underneath. She turned to her side and found something there.

It was an umbrella. Not very cute. Just totally black (she thinks).

She took a peek at it. Then picked it up.

After examining it for a while, she swung it down with force.

"... Ha!" She yelled, and did a pose with the umbrella. (:V)

Then she did a swords dance. And did an umbrella dance. And sat in the umbrella.

Then she walked out of the door...

With the umbrella.

==================

Sorry for being random. :V

(...So, let's try to keep things realistic here.)

(and how that's not realistic? By the way... I'll be off for a couple of days. I'll be back on Sunday.)

(and how that's not realistic? By the way... I'll be off for a couple of days. I'll be back on Sunday.)

(Do you normally carry two knives in your boots? And most people I know aren't particularly skilled at getting through laser beams that easily. One-person challenges probably won't be quite as entertaining, but I'd like you to struggle and find ways to get through each challenge. A story's not fun if you're sure that the hero always wins.

(I'd recommend you get someone to fill in for you since that's four days that you won't be here. Just in case. I can pull you "out of commission" as well, which I'll save your role in though you won't be able to do anything.)

• Upvote 1

Sakila stared at the final piece of chocolate in her hand. After walking around for a while, she'd gotten hungry and started eating her marker. Shrugging her shoulders, she popped the last piece into her mouth and chose a door at random. A dash of yellow and orange exited the room, not seeming to have noticed her. Sakila followed along silently and entered the same room as the Amber girl.