Detective Conan World
Black Demon

[SPOILER DISCUSSION] File 818-824 (Mystery Train)

I'm so excited now!! Shiho saw Scar Akai :) As I thought Okiya didn't show up yet. I really like the idea of him appearing in the last minute to save Shiho from Bourbon!!

there is one thing i don't understand: it's actually pretty sure that subaru knows about the video with shiho in it. he should be sure that she will be on the mystery train since she isn't aware of the danger...if subaru is really supposed to protect haibara, why didn't he tell conan about the video? shouldn't he normally somehow stop her from going?

i can think of two possibilities: 

1. subaru isn't aware that ai is actually shiho. so he is thinking they are two different persons. but since there is a high probability that subaru is akai, he should actually know that ai and shiho are the same person.

or the second point is: he really doesn't know a thing about the video or the mystery train. but this is pretty unlikely, right?

i'm sorry, maybe i overlooked something.^^ this is quite bothering me at the moment so i hope someone can tell me a possibility about why he didn't stop ai from riding the train :)

there is one thing i don't understand: it's actually pretty sure that subaru knows about the video with shiho in it. he should be sure that she will be on the mystery train since she isn't aware of the danger...if subaru is really supposed to protect haibara, why didn't he tell conan about the video? shouldn't he normally somehow stop her from going?

i can think of two possibilities: 

1. subaru isn't aware that ai is actually shiho. so he is thinking they are two different persons. but since there is a high probability that subaru is akai, he should actually know that ai and shiho are the same person.

or the second point is: he really doesn't know a thing about the video or the mystery train. but this is pretty unlikely, right?

i'm sorry, maybe i overlooked something.^^ this is quite bothering me at the moment so i hope someone can tell me a possibility about why he didn't stop ai from riding the train :)

It's pretty clear Okiya will be involved(as we can see in the promo pic posted by Chekhov),so I think Okiya is somewhere on the train,maybe in deguise...He will probably appear when Ai will really be in danger facing Bourbon^^

So I will attempt to break down File 819 to the best of my abilities (with knowledge of only the pictures of course).

-Conan and the DB try to figure out what happened to Car 7. They return back to what they think is Room 7B (probably to make sure that no changes have been made), but they run into Ran, Sonoko, and Sera again.

-Conan suddenly remembers seeing a card that Sera happened to be holding the first time he entered the room. It was the same exact letter that Conan received outside Room 6D.

-(Here's where I get confused) I think Murobashi Etsuto was asked to play the role of a victim, so he asked the girls if he could use Mouri's room for the crimescene (not sure yet if Mouri's room is considered 7B or 8B). So what Conan and the DB saw the first time was a setup.

-Afterwards, Sera finally confronts Haibara for the first time, but Haibara feels a BO vibe around her (perhaps it was the sneaky Scar Akai that Sera notices behind Haibara that causes it).

-Then in the dining room car, Kogoro and the other Car 8 members notice smoke outside the window (which reminds the others, specifically Murobashi, of a burning building incident).

-Conan and the others ask for the sender of the mysterious letters in which the attendant is unaware of. Haibara is still uneasy about Sera and Scar Akai.

-Later on, an attendant knocks on the doors of Noto Taisaku and Idenami Mari. Murobashi is seen mysteriously watching outside his door whilst talking on the phone (but who is he talking to?). Komino Natsue and Sumitomo Hiroka seem to be sneaking off somewhere as does Andou Satoru...

-Sonoko tries to enter Room 8B, but the door is chainlocked and Murobashi is seen shot through the right temple of his head. Conan and Sera break down the door, and this time, there was no fake death.

After the translation, I'm sure a lot of things will be cleared up.

• Upvote 3

btw..about someone is disguised as Kogoro..I really think the Kogoro in the train is the real Kogoro..even though its unusual that he's fixing his mustache, you know..he wants to look good on everyone since all the passengers are detective..maybe..

If this is the climax..then Gosho said about not reaching hundred volumes..maybe true? :'(

So I will attempt to break down File 819 to the best of my abilities (with knowledge of only the pictures of course).

-Conan and the DB try to figure out what happened to Car 7. They return back to what they think is Room 7B (probably to make sure that no changes have been made), but they run into Ran, Sonoko, and Sera again.

-Conan suddenly remembers seeing a card that Sera happened to be holding the first time he entered the room. It was the same exact letter that Conan received outside Room 6D.

-(Here's where I get confused) I think Murobashi Etsuto was asked to play the role of a victim, so he asked the girls if he could use Mouri's room for the crimescene (not sure yet if Mouri's room is considered 7B or 8B). So what Conan and the DB saw the first time was a setup.

-Afterwards, Sera finally confronts Haibara for the first time, but Haibara feels a BO vibe around her (perhaps it was the sneaky Scar Akai that Sera notices behind Haibara that causes it).

-Then in the dining room car, Kogoro and the other Car 8 members notice smoke outside the window (which reminds the others, specifically Murobashi, of a burning building incident).

-Conan and the others ask for the sender of the mysterious letters in which the attendant is unaware of. Haibara is still uneasy about Sera and Scar Akai.

-Later on, an attendant knocks on the doors of Noto Taisaku and Idenami Mari. Murobashi is seen mysteriously watching outside his door whilst talking on the phone (but who is he talking to?). Komino Natsue and Sumitomo Hiroka seem to be sneaking off somewhere as does Andou Satoru...

-Sonoko tries to enter Room 8B, but the door is chainlocked and Murobashi is seen shot through the right temple of his head. Conan and Sera break down the door, and this time, there was no fake death.

After the translation, I'm sure a lot of things will be cleared up.

You're not confused. You got it right.

The person didn't die. Sonoko want to make it believable as being real. Sera got the right answer. It' Chek situation 2!

ADDED:

i'm suspicious of neighbour, when they roll out a lady in wheelchair, they're more suspicious as they have chance to strike when they're in cabin. They are at right side of victim's cabin, at that direction if gun was shoot to left it's possible to leave victim dead. It could be Gin in old lady disguise.

A few bits of interesting translation.

Very rough summary to supplement the above posts! while going into a bit more detail for the panels directly related to BO.

I'll leave out the details about the mystery just in case I mistranslated something and give the wrong idea.

Page:

1 [colour cover]

2 [b&w cover]

3 DB are asking the staff to check on the disappeared #7 carriage.

4 Staff discredits their idea. Ayumi asks Ai if she's feeling bad due to the cold. Ai says she's fine.

5 (1) - Ai: *That man just now... has a similar 'feel' to that person...* (NOTE: please see my next post!)

(2) - Ai: *But that burnt/scar... what's going on?*

DB goes into further investigation

6 More talking, (third to last panel) - Conan: *卡片...* = *card...*

7 (1) - Conan: "This room should, in fact, be carriage number 7, room B, isn't it?"

More talking

8 (Third to last panel) - Sera: "Speaking of which, it's the first time meeting you! (hajimemashite)" Conan: "Eh?"

(Second to last panel) - Sera: "Is you right? that Haibara kid!" Conan: "Y-yeah..." *Ai heavy heartbeat sound effect*

(Last panel) - Sera: "Still haven't spoken to you before..." Ai: *T-this person... It can't be...* *More heavy heartbeat sounds*

9 (1) - Sera: "Who's there?!" Ai: "Huh?"

(2) - Sonoko: "W-what's wrong?" Sera: "Just now there seems to be someone peeking in outside the door..."

(3) - Sera: "---or so I thought... Maybe I've overreacted?"

(4) - Sera: "Anyways, for now, let's tell the staffs we've solved the mystery!" General talking

10 *Epic drama*

11 Talks about mystery.

(Third to last panel) - Genta: "I'm going to the toilet first!" Mituhiko: "Me too!" Conan: "Hm? What's up? Haibara..."

(Second to last panel) - Ai: "Don't you feel... there's something strange about this train? As if it were filled with killing intentions [殺気 - sakki; she's referring to the atmosphere of the surrounding]" Conan: "I'm telling ya... You've been reading too much Agatha Christie..."

(Last panel) - Ai: *That feeling... It isn't one or two people...*

12 Talk (Noto gets angry at staff since he didn't call for him, when the staff thinks he heard the bell rang for him)

13 More talking (Lady: "I said, can't you do something about it?" She complains about some weird noise. (Dripping sound at the end)

14 More complaining

15 Found guy still 'sleeping'

16 Drama. Sera and Conan smell gunsmoke.

17 More drama

Please correct me if you find any mistakes!

• Upvote 4

That man just now... has a similar aura to that person...

Wow, what did she mean. Scar Akai has similar aura to who??

- Okiya Subaru or the man who like to make curry and say blatant lies

- Moroboshi Dai or her sister boyfriend.

- Just Random BO guy, possibly Bourbon then.

I try to recall event to prove whether Ai seem to recognize individual BO member by their scent (Aura) alone. In Bus-jacking case, Ai say she know Pisco is in the Haido city hotel party. But she confuse since she sense another which stronger aura (She was right- Vermouth was there). Then Ai seem to know that someone on the bus (It's Araide but Ai don't know that) is the same person in the hotel. If I getting to the right conclusion. It's mean Ai recognize Scar Akai and think she met him before (She saw his face a bit).

Wow, what did she mean. Scar Akai has similar aura to who??

- Okiya Subaru or the man who like to make curry and say blatant lies

- Moroboshi Dai or her sister boyfriend.

- Just Random BO guy, possibly Bourbon then.

I try to recall event to prove whether Ai seem to recognize individual BO member by their scent (Aura) alone. In Bus-jacking case, Ai say she know Pisco is in the Haido city hotel party. But she confuse since she sense another which stronger aura (She was right- Vermouth was there). Then Ai seem to know that someone on the bus (It's Araide but Ai don't know that) is the same person in the hotel. If I getting to the right conclusion. It's mean Ai recognize Scar Akai and think she met him before (She saw his face a bit).

Sorry! In fact thanks for pointing this out, I should have used 'impression' instead of the word 'aura'. The literal translation from the Chinese scans is 'That man just now... compared to the 'feel' of [Dai], [the feel] is similar.' Unfortunately I can't find the original Japanese text (if anyone could it would help a lot!) If she had meant 'aura', then most probably 気質(KATAGI)/オーラ(AURA) will be used (KATAGI = 'attribute', 'type', 'trait', 'disposition.') If that were the case, the Chinese scans would definitely use the same kanji in their translation, which literally means the same. Instead, 感覺 is used, which is more or less the same in Japanese (so I'll boldly assume they've used the same kanji here.) 感覺 means 'feeling' or 'impression'. While 'feeling' can imply aura, I think 'impression' is more suitable here, because of how Ai recalls his face in the same panel.

I've changed it now!

• Upvote 1

Thanks for the translation 96082!

Now that makes sense,Haibara only think that Scar Akai looks like Akai,and not that he has the same BO aura.

I really can't wait for the next files,now it's more focused on the case,so we'll have to wait a few files to see the BO make a move^^

I wonder where did Mouri go when Conan entered the cabin.... wasn't he supposed to be there with the rest of them? That man is getting wierder than usual. I actually didn't understand one thing, when Sera was talking to Haibara, she hears a noise and she was startled. But why would SA create such a loud sound if he was eaves-dropping on their conversation?

Thanks for the translation 96082!

Now that makes sense,Haibara only think that Scar Akai looks like Akai,and not that he has the same BO aura.

I really can't wait for the next files,now it's more focused on the case,so we'll have to wait a few files to see the BO make a move^^

Yep seems like the next few files are about solving the case :/ ..

Yep seems like the next few files are about solving the case :/ ..

Case resolution in a detective series ? How dare he ?

oi, Sherry, it wasn't happening. Don't jump to conclusion which didn't happen. It's a long file. Wakari

oi, Sherry, it wasn't happening. Don't jump to conclusion which didn't happen. It's a long file. Wakari

no..maybe it mean about the case..murder case..the next file investigation part (that's what I see by seeing the Chinese of file 819), yeah..we hope its long..including the B.O separate with the Murder case to be solve..or..after solving the Murder Case its BO..Excitement..or..maybe..BO + Murder Case might be related..:-\ I'm not good as others in predicting..but its not yet the end/solution part by that investigation part post of mine :-\

I wonder what kind of confrontation is Gosho talking about Haibara and Sera :-\

Not Related to Bell Tree Express Murder or anything to do with Bourbon arc (it says any kind of discussion :P )

while reading older manga..I just notice something.. the same phrase that Haibara and Sera said..

Haibara to Conan : She's(Ran) stronger than you think. [File 485]

Sera to Ran : You're tougher than I thought! [File 774]

just sharing their similarities xD

This might be not related..or really are'nt related

SORRY for posting something like this >.<

no..maybe it mean about the case..murder case..the next file investigation part (that's what I see by seeing the Chinese of file 819), yeah..we hope its long..including the B.O separate with the Murder case to be solve..or..after solving the Murder Case its BO..Excitement..or..maybe..BO + Murder Case might be related..:-\ I'm not good as others in predicting..but its not yet the end/solution part by that investigation part post of mine :-\

Trust me. *nods* It's not over. With given file, and study, as Chinese reader am I, the file and speech is enough to make file's quantity will be a lot. Aw, don't feel bad, you're here as reader, there's English.. it's true... it's not over. This file is beginning of story, a real murder.

I didn't meant that it's ending now. It's gonna be really long because it's the end of the Bourbon arc. What I meant was that the next files are probably just about solving who the murder of that guy is...

I didn't meant that it's ending now. It's gonna be really long because it's the end of the Bourbon arc. What I meant was that the next files are probably just about solving who the murder of that guy is...

okay. Anyway, I'm going to leave soon. No, it's not about you, actually I plan to leave DCW for RL reasons. TML make my life worse and make me upsetting after I spend long time organizing first few lessons, his words are so mean despite I clear up few things with English readers about word pronunciation... I'm feeling a bit depressed...I don't know how long is my absence be... but he remind me life is tough.

okay. Anyway, I'm going to leave soon. No, it's not about you, actually I plan to leave DCW for RL reasons. TML make my life worse and make me upsetting after I spend long time organizing first few lessons, his words are so mean despite I clear up few things with English readers about word pronunciation... I'm feeling a bit depressed...I don't know how long is my absence be... but he remind me life is tough.

Seriously?You are leaving DCW?I'm so sad to know that :cry:

yeah. I dont know how long. but I'm happy to meet you. :) I'll be alright.

ADDED: But I didn't forget poem! I will be active few minutes when I finish poem.

I hope you'll be back soon and that you'll be fine,I'm happy to know you as well...

Not that soon... I need time to adapt... I'm getting the feeling I will be busy every twelve hours, and spend rest feeling sleepy/exhausted. I'll still posting poems at fanfiction.net. So don't forget to drop by! tzswei is my account... but now.... let's move on to case?

Anyway, bye bye...Don't miss me much, I'll be active at fanfiction.net and voicesnet.org for poems.

And this case, I keep tabs when English ones up soon.