Detective Conan World
IdentityUnknown

BBC Sherlock

Sherlock (also known as BBC Sherlock to avoid confusion) is an amazing British TV series directed by the directors of Dr. Who, Steven Moffat and Mark Gatiss.

Originally thought to be a potential disaster with its pilot, Sherlock soon became one of the most popular TV Series in the UK. Critical reception has generally been positive, with the first season released in 2010 and the second released just last month. Each season is 3 episodes and the creators seem to specialize in psychological torture as both have ended on cliffhangers.

The next season is supposed to be released in 2013. There are rumors it may be released earlier, but this has not been confirmed.

It stars Benedict Cumberbatch as Sherlock Holmes and Martin Freeman as John Watson.

sherlockology.com

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sherlock_(TV_Series)

(Pictures to be added soon)

Always hate it when the actor of Sherlock looks nothing like how the book described him. well at least Benedict Cumberbatch is closer in a appearance to sherlock (not much but better) than Robert Downey jr. well should at least give a try, thanks for info ;)

always thought Liam Neeson should play Sherlock but thats just me.

Always hate it when the actor of Sherlock looks nothing like how the book described him. well at least Benedict Cumberbatch is closer in a appearance to sherlock (not much but better) than Robert Downey jr. well should at least give a try, thanks for info ;)

always thought Liam Neeson should play Sherlock but thats just me.

Actually both look pretty close to how SACD described him, just in different times. Honestly, it wouldn't have worked exactly how SACD wrote it in Sherlock. And RDJ was very close to how SACD wrote him, just better looking (though I suspect that's more because Hollywood wanted a good looking hero than a poor looking hero, its just the way it goes) RDJ's Holmes is actually the closest in character to the books too, at least in my opinion. As time progresses it seems that Hollywood gets more and more close to getting it right. The most popular depiction (Rathbone) is pretty horrid for looks and character. Holmes was anything but a gentleman.

For a modernization, I think Sherlock did it the way it should have been done. In the modern world, people like Holmes don't work as well because of how connected the world is. Though I suppose the facial features could have been kept a bit closer, and they didn't address his addiction to the harder drugs, only alluding to it through the 7% solution line.

As for Liam Neelson... He could certainly do it, but RDJ is perfect for the role of the eccentric drug addicted genius IMO. It is like those roles were made for him. Liam Neelson is no doubt capable of playing the eccentric genius, but honestly seems to be more suited for the wise plotting type of character. Granted in terms of looks Liam Neelson is closer and could have made a perfect looking Holmes, but RDJ portrayed Holmes far better.

Actually both look pretty close to how SACD described him, just in different times. Honestly, it wouldn't have worked exactly how SACD wrote it in Sherlock. And RDJ was very close to how SACD wrote him, just better looking (though I suspect that's more because Hollywood wanted a good looking hero than a poor looking hero, its just the way it goes) RDJ's Holmes is actually the closest in character to the books too, at least in my opinion. As time progresses it seems that Hollywood gets more and more close to getting it right. The most popular depiction (Rathbone) is pretty horrid for looks and character. Holmes was anything but a gentleman.

For a modernization, I think Sherlock did it the way it should have been done. In the modern world, people like Holmes don't work as well because of how connected the world is. Though I suppose the facial features could have been kept a bit closer, and they didn't address his addiction to the harder drugs, only alluding to it through the 7% solution line.

As for Liam Neelson... He could certainly do it, but RDJ is perfect for the role of the eccentric drug addicted genius IMO. It is like those roles were made for him. Liam Neelson is no doubt capable of playing the eccentric genius, but honestly seems to be more suited for the wise plotting type of character. Granted in terms of looks Liam Neelson is closer and could have made a perfect looking Holmes, but RDJ portrayed Holmes far better.

I agree with you. I thought Robert Downey Jr. portrayed Holmes very well. I recall people saying around the release of the first movie of his that "He's nothing like Holmes! Holmes didn't wrestle shirtless!" I replied with "He was skilled in baritsu, Japanese-style wrestling..." then ranted about how much more accurate his character is than the public belief.

While he fits the role well, I don't like the Sherlock in the TV series. I think his eyes are a little too far apart (not trying to be mean, but that trait tends to make people look less-intelligent, though he could be pulling off a "Columbo"). He plays the role well, but for some reason, I just don't like him. He makes me dislike the character more than I should (I love people who are not mentally the same as the rest of society; the reason I loved SH2: GOS).

Sorry for the wall-of-text, but I wanted to insert my two cents.

I agree with you. I thought Robert Downey Jr. portrayed Holmes very well. I recall people saying around the release of the first movie of his that "He's nothing like Holmes! Holmes didn't wrestle shirtless!" I replied with "He was skilled in baritsu, Japanese-style wrestling..." then ranted about how much more accurate his character is than the public belief.

While he fits the role well, I don't like the Sherlock in the TV series. I think his eyes are a little too far apart (not trying to be mean, but that trait tends to make people look less-intelligent, though he could be pulling off a "Columbo"). He plays the role well, but for some reason, I just don't like him. He makes me dislike the character more than I should (I love people who are not mentally the same as the rest of society; the reason I loved SH2: GOS).

Sorry for the wall-of-text, but I wanted to insert my two cents.

Holmes was also a bare knuckle boxer, that had the skills to be a prize fighter.

I have read Doyle's books, and I wasn't disappointed by BBC Sherlock. They sticked very well with the character as described in the books, but some details have been replaced. For example in the books Holmes literally takes drugs, but here we can see him covered with nicotine patches under his clothes XD . Or I also liked how he uses cellphones and today's technology. Can't wait for new epiodes to come out here X3 .