Detective Conan World
Chianti

Who's better off with Shinichi? Haibara Ai or Ran??

Obviously, Shinichi-Ran fanboy and fangirls got their wish granted in the end of the London arc.it was a great scene in front of the Big Ben. ;-)

But still, I find Haibara and Conan having some moments in the series very cute. And I find Haibara very appealing. She's pretty for me.

I think Aoyama made this "love triangle" as one of the many things that we must wait the result once he ends this series (which I hope is not sooner :( )

Edited by KudoKun18

Obviously, Shinichi-Ran fanboy and fangirls got eir wish granted in the end of the London arc.it was a great scene in front of the Big Ben. ;-)

But still, I find Haibara and Conan having some moments in the series very cute. And I find Haibara very appealing. She's pretty for me.

I think Aoyama made this "love triangle" as one of the many things that we must wait the result once he ends this series (which I hope is not sooner :( )

So you're a ConAi? What did you think of the earlier arguments, out of curiosity?

Obviously, Shinichi-Ran fanboy and fangirls got eir wish granted in the end of the London arc.it was a great scene in front of the Big Ben. ;-)

Well i think that yes, we've got our wish granted *w* Shinichi loves Ran and Ran loves Shinichi ^^

There is one thing i want to say, liking Haibara will never be a good reason for liking CoAi (at least for me).

And about the moments, yes i think they're cute but ALMOST all of them doesn't show love between them.

And o think the love triangle at first was Ayumi-Conan-Ran but they realised that Conan and Ayumi coudn't work so Aoyama made Haibara as A new rival of Ran(i mean haibara's mission is to make an antidote for Shinichi so for making that she doesn't need to be a girl or be Ran's rival xd )

And i don't think CoAi is impossible, it's true that after the London Arc it became more impossible but here is still hope for the CoAi fanpeople and it is as good as ShinRan :)

PD: i wrote this on my ipad so it wil be full of mistakes gomen x.xU

What do you mean by earlier arguments?

If you go back a page, we have a pretty heated debate going on. My rant is 2,760 words long. mellow.gif But we have a pretty nice argument... It's worth checking out. It's me and Kyuu.

If you go back a page, we have a pretty heated debate going on. My rant is 2,760 words long. mellow.gif But we have a pretty nice argument... It's worth checking out. It's me and Kyuu.

Your rants frighten me. icon_eek.gif

Exactly. icon_eek.gif

Considering the fact I'm in an AiCon mood...probably shouldn't have said that. *shuts mouth*

Don't worry, I'm not in a ShinRan fandom mood right now. And to be honest, I wasn't in one when I wrote any of those rants, I was mainly thinking of DraMione... I just thought some support was needed. :P

Oh. :D Pretty long. I'll find some time to back read this thread. That's for sure.

But for me, I always think it would be a better ending if Ran and Shinichi end up together.

ran and shinichi were always meant to be

I never doubted that they are "meant" to be. In fact I have stated that several times in this very thread. The fact that Ran and Shinichi will be together in the end has been thrown in everyone's face. However the question posed is "Who is better off with Shinichi?" And the answer to that in my opinion is Haibara Ai/Shiho Miyano.

That said, I'd love it for Gosho to have a twist ending where Shiho ends up with Shinichi, or Ai ends up with Conan (either one is cool with me). He won't but perhaps he can write an alternate ending or it could be an OVA at the end of it all to appease all the fans.

I never doubted that they are "meant" to be. In fact I have stated that several times in this very thread. The fact that Ran and Shinichi will be together in the end has been thrown in everyone's face. However the question posed is "Who is better off with Shinichi?" And the answer to that in my opinion is Haibara Ai/Shiho Miyano.

That said, I'd love it for Gosho to have a twist ending where Shiho ends up with Shinichi, or Ai ends up with Conan (either one is cool with me). He won't but perhaps he can write an alternate ending or it could be an OVA at the end of it all to appease all the fans.

I doubt it... Gosho has said he likes childhood couples. *sobs* That means no HakuKai for me... ... Hmmm... I'm pretty sure the general opinion held here is that there's no precedents in love, nor is there any logic behind it, and perhaps I'll just leave it at that. Overanalyzing it's probably just going to damage the nice pretty anime images we all store in our heads of our favorite couples, right? For some reason, I'm not in a mood to rant about ShinRan at all... Strange... I'm definitely not turning into a ConAi, but I feel funny... It's probably that horrible fanfic I read earlier that killed off half of my brain cells. I'll be back when I can think properly. Chao.

I doubt it... Gosho has said he likes childhood couples. *sobs* That means no HakuKai for me... ... Hmmm... I'm pretty sure the general opinion held here is that there's no precedents in love, nor is there any logic behind it, and perhaps I'll just leave it at that. Overanalyzing it's probably just going to damage the nice pretty anime images we all store in our heads of our favorite couples, right? For some reason, I'm not in a mood to rant about ShinRan at all... Strange... I'm definitely not turning into a ConAi, but I feel funny... It's probably that horrible fanfic I read earlier that killed off half of my brain cells. I'll be back when I can think properly. Chao.

Which is why I also mentioned OVAs because Gosho has no control over those! THE POSSIBILITY REMAINS OF AN ALTERNATE SHINSHI ENDING! MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Ok... I'm going to stop now...

Which is why I also mentioned OVAs because Gosho has no control over those! THE POSSIBILITY REMAINS OF AN ALTERNATE SHINSHI ENDING! MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

But OVAs are still pretty canon, aren't they? I've only seen four though, so I'm not really sure. All I know, is that in OVA 9 when Shinichi and Shiho were standing next to each other, I didn't really like how they looked together. I can't say I approved of the older Ran either, but the ShinShi appeared a bit funny. The ShinRan in that OVA was an epic win though. :P

to me ran is better in the end

Well even though Gosho doesn't have control over the OVAs, he controls the actual episodes and the episodes determine the plot, not the OVAs. And because Gosho likes childhood couples, Shinichi and Ran will end up together :P And then if he writes a ShinRan ending in the manga, then that's what's going to happen in the episodes xD

Well even though Gosho doesn't have control over the OVAs, he controls the actual episodes and the episodes determine the plot, not the OVAs. And because Gosho likes childhood couples, Shinichi and Ran will end up together :P And then if he writes a ShinRan ending in the manga, then that's what's going to happen in the episodes xD

But because he prefers childhood couples, Heiji will have to end up with Kazuha. TT-TT I don't like Kazuha... I like Ran though, at least Ran has a reason to act like an angsty female over love with her teenage friend. Seriously, Kazuha got jealous of Ran just because Heiji mentioned her and they happened to be wearing the same clothes. I seriously doubt there'll be a ShinShi alternate ending, mainly because of the 'childhood' couple thing, but there'll be plenty of doushinji, right? There's doushinji for everything. *nods*

You missed the entire point... Gosho controls manga, manga controls anime (mostly), but OVAs are written basically for fanservice. So the possibility of creating an OVA or Special episode of the anime that is an AO to create a ShinShi or AiCon ending is still quite high if the Anime team WANTS it to happen. Gosho will have his official ending and the Anime team will have their unofficial ending.

I have always known that Shinichi and Ran will end up together (I feel like I'm repeating myself too much now), because Gosho has made that painfully clear. And quite frankly his love of childhood couples is REALLY annoying. That is probably why my favorite couple in the series are NOT childhood friends, which are Sato and Takagi.

to me ran is better in the end

Grand. Now if only you would go back two pages and read my stance, you'll see why I prefer Shiho/Ai over Ran.

Truth be told, I really don't like Ran as a character nor Shinichi. They are too two dimensional. They have barely developed at all over the course of 785 files. Shinichi started to and then reverted right back in London. Which is REALLY frustrating. Gosho needs to spend more time developing his characters, because I'm starting to get really bored of the main cast of DC.

Let me just point out my ages old line that I've used time and time again: a tsundere that warms their heart for the main protagonist is more stereotypical, and quite frankly, more freakin' BORING, than a childhood love story.

Agreed on the best couple being TakagixSato. <3 Now Chiba has to dump this childhood love and hook up with Yumi, damnit!! >_>

Agreed on the best couple being TakagixSato. <3 Now Chiba has to dump this childhood love and hook up with Yumi, damnit!! >_>

JodiexAkai is my favorite- troubled, unknown if it will work out and thus interesting plotwise, has potential for face slapping when Okiya comes out of the closet disguise.

Grand. Now if only you would go back two pages and read my stance, you'll see why I prefer Shiho/Ai over Ran.

Truth be told, I really don't like Ran as a character nor Shinichi. They are too two dimensional. They have barely developed at all over the course of 785 files. Shinichi started to and then reverted right back in London. Which is REALLY frustrating. Gosho needs to spend more time developing his characters, because I'm starting to get really bored of the main cast of DC.

i have read that the day you have posted it, and you do have a strong argument but in my head its ran

im lazy for long posts