Detective Conan World
JamieDC102

Divorce

Recently my mom told me she had thoughts of divorcing my father after 20 some years of marriage. It came as a huge shock to me and I don't know what to do. I put this up here to see if anyone has any advice or wants to share about their own experiences or problems on the subject. I'm sorry if this is a little sad or to personal, but I really need some help right now and need advice. Thank you so much for your help :grin:

Ah, when I first look at this, i think what, wouldn't see this type on DW, but i not quite sure what you say about this but say yep this can a sad feeling or cause problem to member of family.

Have great day

I would say other people may know this quite well :)

Ah, when I first look at this, i think what, wouldn't see this type on DW, but i not quite sure what you say about this but say yep this can a sad feeling or cause problem to member of family.

Have great day

I would say other people may know this quite well :)

Thanks and what do you mean wouldn't see this type on DW :huh:

Thanks and what do you mean wouldn't see this type on DW :huh:

Meaning that I only see people do it on off topic (daily life) or talking animes e.g. Conan or game but nothing like this...

Hmmm I think by the time 20 years later, whether or not they divorce doesnt really matter since youre already used to this kind of life. But since she only decides to divorce 20 years later and not now, you have 20 years of time to figure out what is wrong and what is it you really want. If you don't want them to end this way, you have time to try salvage the situation. By a few years later, I'm sure you'll be mature enough to understand the situation already and by then maybe youll be able to find a way of solving it?

Hmmm I think by the time 20 years later, whether or not they divorce doesnt really matter since youre already used to this kind of life. But since she only decides to divorce 20 years later and not now, you have 20 years of time to figure out what is wrong and what is it you really want. If you don't want them to end this way, you have time to try salvage the situation. By a few years later, I'm sure you'll be mature enough to understand the situation already and by then maybe youll be able to find a way of solving it?

I believe, KKLT, Jamie means that they have been married for 20 years now and want a divorce. I doubt many people plan divorces 20 years ahead of time.

...And I shouldn't be posting. <_<

Anyways, Jamie, I doubt there is much you can do it about this since it must be that something's gone wrong with your parents' relationship. Usually this happens earlier on, not after 20 years. I recommend you try to find out what exactly went wrong. Depending on what it is, their marriage may or may not be salvaged. Divorce is tough and is usually the result of earlier bad decisions. You can ask both of your parents why they're considering divorce and make your point, but beyond that, there's not much else. It's between the two of them and you can't change someone's relationship with a different person easily.

All in all, I wish you the best of luck.

I believe, KKLT, Jamie means that they have been married for 20 years now and want a divorce. I doubt many people plan divorces 20 years ahead of time.

...And I shouldn't be posting. <_<

Anyways, Jamie, I doubt there is much you can do it about this since it must be that something's gone wrong with your parents' relationship. Usually this happens earlier on, not after 20 years. I recommend you try to find out what exactly went wrong. Depending on what it is, their marriage may or may not be salvaged. Divorce is tough and is usually the result of earlier bad decisions. You can ask both of your parents why they're considering divorce and make your point, but beyond that, there's not much else. It's between the two of them and you can't change someone's relationship with a different person easily.

All in all, I wish you the best of luck.

Oh I see. Sorry I misunderstood. D:

Well I have friends whose parents Plan to divorce a few years later because they have a child who is pretty young and they have housing and debt problems yet to be settled. So I thought his parents might be that case.

Anyways, sorry for the misunderstanding. DX

There's really nothing much you can do then. A divorce is nearly always a last resort to problems in a marriage. There must have already been existing and long lasting problems. But if you'll be affected heavily by it, it's best you talked to your parents about it or look for a counsellor or talk to a friend about it. :/

I'm not sure what I can do to help, but... We're here for you. <3 If you need to talk to us about anything, just ask.

I wish you the best of luck.

Thank you all and to clear something up my parents aren't getting a divorce in twenty years i meant they had been married for twenty years and just now are getting a divorce, but thank you all so much for your support.

Ask her for her reasons.

Being affected by it directly but being threatened like a "outsider" is the worst feeling you can get in such a situation.

Try to get them to talk with each other too. If they end up divorcing and one party feels being misunderstood and starts to sulk, it could end up in a war :| And those aren't nice :/