Detective Conan World
im abcd

Do you believe in ghosts ?

You sure do strongly oppose the idea of ghosts don't you ? ......I wish everybody had the same sense of things B)

IF they had world would be more peaceful and awesome to live.

Well it's not that bad even now too.

It sure has explained many things and many possibilities I don't deny that.

As for my post about in indian villages it was mostly about people being possessed by something or acting like being possessed.

For supernatural things science has not explained everything.

You know... I love it when people bring third world countries and what they perceive to be the truth based on their limited resources... in other words, the places where people don't have access to things like a modern hospital, advanced laboratories or things like that. Don't you find it odd that stories of possession don't happen in modern nations, you know where people have access to advanced medicine, brain scanners, and everything that can be used to analyze the atypical behavior exhibited by those whom are possessed? Surely you don't think that it doesn't happen in those places, and surely you don't believe that it is covered up... There is no benefit to covering those things up.

Most likely it is something CATEGORIZED in the DSM-IV (psychological) or something physical that is affecting brain chemistry. Hence SCIENCE HAS EXPLAINED IT! Just because one area of the world does not have the tools to explain it does not make it unexplainable!

People, please use logic. Believe it or not, most cases of "possession" can be explained with one word... "crazy," yes people can be INSANE, CRAZY and otherwise NOT MENTALLY NORMAL, which could be mistaken for possession. It is a crazy ludicrous notion, but there has been NO case of possession that has been acknowledged by the medical or scientific field as unexplainable.

@im abcd: Yes, until there is evidence of supernatural phenomena existing I'm highly opposed to the notion. My reason is very simple, believing that something just is without the presence of any evidence blinds you from the truth. You cannot see the truth if you believe something else to be true that is inherently unexplainable or supernatural. People place the blame on something that doesn't exist, and then the actual problem remains untreated. People have died at the hands of people like you, who believed that a person was evil because they were slightly different in manner of acting. The Church has burned people whom they thought were possessed by demons and were unable to be saved, and then you have the Salem Witch Trials in which people were tortured and killed for being different than the majority. It is despicable to think that honest and good people were killed in the past because of beliefs that the majority held.

You know... I love it when people bring third world countries and what they perceive to be the truth based on their limited resources... in other words, the places where people don't have access to things like a modern hospital, advanced laboratories or things like that. Don't you find it odd that stories of possession don't happen in modern nations, you know where people have access to advanced medicine, brain scanners, and everything that can be used to analyze the atypical behavior exhibited by those whom are possessed? Surely you don't think that it doesn't happen in those places, and surely you don't believe that it is covered up... There is no benefit to covering those things up.

Most likely it is something CATEGORIZED in the DSM-IV (psychological) or something physical that is affecting brain chemistry. Hence SCIENCE HAS EXPLAINED IT! Just because one area of the world does not have the tools to explain it does not make it unexplainable!

People, please use logic. Believe it or not, most cases of "possession" can be explained with one word... "crazy," yes people can be INSANE, CRAZY and otherwise NOT MENTALLY NORMAL, which could be mistaken for possession. It is a crazy ludicrous notion, but there has been NO case of possession that has been acknowledged by the medical or scientific field as unexplainable.

@im abcd: Yes, until there is evidence of supernatural phenomena existing I'm highly opposed to the notion. My reason is very simple, believing that something just is without the presence of any evidence blinds you from the truth. You cannot see the truth if you believe something else to be true that is inherently unexplainable or supernatural. People place the blame on something that doesn't exist, and then the actual problem remains untreated. People have died at the hands of people like you, who believed that a person was evil because they were slightly different in manner of acting. The Church has burned people whom they thought were possessed by demons and were unable to be saved, and then you have the Salem Witch Trials in which people were tortured and killed for being different than the majority. It is despicable to think that honest and good people were killed in the past because of beliefs that the majority held.

As for the post above i didn't really say i believe in possessed people and i did mention villages and as for india's population is no kidding just how many will you be able to provide everything as for modern nations have very less population to provide everything comparatively As for india is still a leading developing country and exceeds in most of field too.

As for the post above i didn't really say i believe in possessed people and i did mention villages and as for india's population is no kidding just how many will you be able to provide everything as for modern nations have very less population to provide everything comparatively As for india is still a leading developing country and exceeds in most of field too.

I know >_> which is why I said that they DON'T have access to things like that. The majority of people in India DON'T have access to modern medicine and science. In general it is a very poor nation. So of course the majority of people will believe in the supernatural because they know no different.

We are talking about a nation that had a problem with beef in its history, and due to the lack of education of its populous, instead of trying to explain why not to eat beef, they made cows sacred, integrating that decree into their religion to save their population from disease.

And if you didn't believe it, why did you bring it up as a point of argument? Were you playing devils advocate? I don't get it.

"In general it is a very poor nation."

"Were you playing devils advocate? "

India is not poor you know it is corrupted by politician every single politician in india

has money in swiss banks and properties and trillions of money.

but it's all black money and every single one of them is corrupted

votes are almost bought before the election so there is no change in the system .

"EXACTLY had fun with the debate I really like people like you, though you might Hate me after this."

India is not poor you know it is corrupted by politician every single politician in india

has money in swiss banks and properties and trillions of money.

but it's all black money and every single one of them is corrupted

votes are almost bought before the election so there is no change in the system .

"EXACTLY had fun with the debate I really like people like you, though you might Hate me after this."

Right, so the money situation is more skewed than in the USA, which is bad. When 50% of children are malnourished it isn't good. It is just not... The top brass in the country may have money, but that means next to nothing. The only reason why America isn't as bad as it is because at one point America set up institutions (that are now falling apart) to provide people with certain things across the board. India does not have that. So as much money as the country may have, it still isn't a rich nation. Neither is America anymore either.

As for hating people... there are very few people in this community that I hate. During the time I have been a part of the DC community I have only hated maybe 3 people. And of those three people, 2 of them seems to have disappeared.

And we should get back on topic, though I don't have anything to say...

Right, so the money situation is more skewed than in the USA, which is bad. When 50% of children are malnourished it isn't good. It is just not... The top brass in the country may have money, but that means next to nothing. The only reason why America isn't as bad as it is because at one point America set up institutions (that are now falling apart) to provide people with certain things across the board. India does not have that. So as much money as the country may have, it still isn't a rich nation. Neither is America anymore either.

As for hating people... there are very few people in this community that I hate. During the time I have been a part of the DC community I have only hated maybe 3 people. And of those three people, 2 of them seems to have disappeared.

And we should get back on topic, though I don't have anything to say...

Institution were made and fallen in half a year here. at least it's developing little by little right now cuz of anna hazare stupidly done but he got the support he needed.

Nothing left to say.

I had promised myself not to log in, but you both have compelled me to.

1)Aika, you dont believe in ghosts or supernatural beings, then there was no need to mention about Indian Villages, as we all know that it is false.

2)Aika, India is still a poor nation. Poverty in India is one of the worst (I am Indian for all those who do not know)

3)Try not to bring religion in this.

4)Kyuu- Finally, it comes to the matter of fact whether you believe in them or not. Main intention of this whole topic is what an individual believes. According to your opinion, ghosts do not exist and all the so call "Paranormal Events" that have taken place till today, could be explained by science (even i think so), then you have given your opinion. What i am trying to say is, we are myth busting here.

5)Lets not talk about countries/politics here.

I had promised myself not to log in, but this you both have compelled me to.

1)Aika, you dont believe in ghosts or supernatural beings, then there was no need to mention about Indian Villages, as we all know that it is false.

2)Aika, India is still a poor nation. Poverty in India is one of the worst (I am Indian for all those who do not know)

3)Try not to bring religion in this.

4)Kyuu- Finally, it comes to the matter of fact whether you believe in them or not. Main intention of this whole topic is what an individual believes. According to your opinion, ghosts do not exist and all the so call "Paranormal Events" that have taken place till today, could be explained by science (even i think so), then you have given your opinion. What i am trying to say is, we are myth busting here.

5)Lets not talk about countries/politics here.

Okay Okay bro chill calm down gusa mat kar

No more country talk okay

Rohit... According to the first post... You are incorrect...

In DC the idea of ghosts being real is strongly opposed by Conan Edogawa .So what do you guys think about it ? Had any real life haunting experiences ?

Based on the fact that opinions were asked on the matter, supporting beliefs would be a part of this conversation. And on the point of religion, it was only brought up because of the question posed of why I am so against this. I didn't speak negatively of religion or anything, I did state however negative things that the Church has done in the past. I never said a thing about modern religion, nor would I ever in a forum unless it was a theological forum. Forums are not the places for theological or political debates, they never lead anywhere good. If you noticed, I didn't bring it up, and I tried to end it quickly, which I did.

Your concern is appreciated, but ghost topics always lend itself towards debate. And as long as the debate is civil I see no problems with it occurring.

Okay Okay bro chill calm down gusa mat kar

No more country talk okay

Mai ghusa thodi na ho raha huun :) I just dont want any fights :) Chill.

Rohit... According to the first post... You are incorrect...

Based on the fact that opinions were asked on the matter, supporting beliefs would be a part of this conversation. And on the point of religion, it was only brought up because of the question posed of why I am so against this. I didn't speak negatively of religion or anything, I did state however negative things that the Church has done in the past. I never said a thing about modern religion, nor would I ever in a forum unless it was a theological forum. Forums are not the places for theological or political debates, they never lead anywhere good. If you noticed, I didn't bring it up, and I tried to end it quickly, which I did.

Your concern is appreciated, but ghost topics always lend itself towards debate. And as long as the debate is civil I see no problems with it occurring.

Actually, the first post and the title has kind of broken link. Title asks "Do you believe in ghosts" whereas first post assumes ghost exists. I was going according to the title to be honest.

Why i asked you not to mention religion, as, i do not mind, but there are some who do. Hence, as you said, lets not discuss it more. Chill :)

And lets not contradict/reason opinions (this goes for everyone).

Peace!

Now back to the topic,

No, i do not believe in ghosts. Reason - what Kyuu has stated.

had to do it

:<

/And just a reminder, let's keep this civil, guys. Though I think we've all debated this topic in circles to the point where no one has anything left to say.

/And just a reminder, let's keep this civil, guys. Though I think we've all debated this topic in circles to the point where no one has anything left to say.

YES SIR ORDER CONFIRMED

That is anecdotal kklt. Besides, by you knowing those involved it creates a bias. There are also several factors to consider when determining story validity as well, and my guess is you broke all three. First is first hand experience, second is time span since the incident (the more time, the more fabrication occurs, whether you intended it or not), and third is of there is possibility of bias.

There are more, but those are basic. I've been well trained as a skeptic, so I wish you luck convincing me.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Yea. You could be right in saying That I could be biased. I could have believed them because they are someone whom I know and I trusted them based on their words alone (since I can't actually see ghosts I wouldn't know if they are there or not.).

Anyways, the story goes like this.

We went overseas with the school musical troupe to somewhere in China and we checked into the hotel. We had booked the entire level of that hotel so the entire level only had us.

It was already pretty late when we reached so once we were given rooms we went up to put our luggauges. During this time, everyone was moving around freely so it's pretty difficult to know where each other is.

My friend C, had planned to share a room with another friend D, and her sister. This is what we know.

From here onwards is the story. Whether it is real or just some coincidences is up to you whether you believe or not. As for me, I just feel its too amazing to be just a coincidence.

So C came out of the room after she dropped her luggage and headed for another room (she said she was going to visit some friend from the other group to see if they have settled down.) and so D and her sis came up with her luggage and went past C. Curiously, C asked what D was up to, with her luggage. (which clearly is a weird question to me of course)

D was like... "what the... Of course I'm going to our room! What else?" we were like... ?!?!?! (what's with the question)

So she told us that she saw someone else who looks like her in the room. Before she could further explain, a mother ( a parent guardian) asked us what happened (we were standing there not going to our rooms) so C told her that someone else which we might not know was in the room when she went in. That person ignored her when she called to her telling her she will be going to someone else's room.

So the mother went to check it out with their key. The rest wanted to take a look but C suddenly stopped them, thinking it could be 'something else' since she knew she could see 'ghosts' when she was younger. Of course, we were skeptical. But we asked what she saw, anyway...

So she told us she came up to put her luggage and thought nobody was there because the lights are off, but when she went in, she saw that the bathroom light was on even though it was dim. So she peeked inside and saw a girl combing her hair and her back was similar to D's so she thought it was D. She asked why didn't she turn on the lights but she didn't reply. So she told 'her' that since she's there, she'll leave the lights on and she'll head to Another friend's room for a little while. Then D's sister asked how she looked like... (I suppose it's because C said it looked like her sister...)

So C told us, she had long hair and was wearing a blouse and striking blue pants. And that she was combing her hair. So she could see only her back so she presumed it was D.

Then we were like... Could it be S? (someone else) since they look similar from the back and they are pretty close. But... how could it be?! She does not have the key. And who in the right mind will go to another person's room to comb their hair? <_< but of course there's a possibility..........

Anyways, it was freaking us out and obviously quite a lot of people saw us discussing and came over to understand the situation. We were waiting for the guardian to return and she did. And she was carrying C's luggage. She whispered to C pretty softly and perhaps slowly, asking if what she saw was a girl sitting on a stool combing her hair and wearing brown blouse and blue pants...? C nodded and the guardian looked troubled.

We were like... O.o okay they saw the same girl... So who is she? I nearly wanted to breathe a sigh of relief because someone else could see her so it is highly likely that she is not a ghost. What are the chances of someone else able to see one? Was what I thought. (The others was convinced she is a ghost I think.)

But even the guardian told us that it's best not to stay in that room anymore so she brought C's stuff out and asked her to move to another room. Of course, by this time many others were already crowding around and asking questions. So the mother and C were trying to explain what has been going on and suddenly they fell silent and pushed us and say it would be best to talk downstairs at the cafe and asked the rest to get their luggauges down to the lobby as fast as they can. After querying about it later, C told us it was because the 'ghost' came out of the room.

Anyways, we haven't unpacked so we just dragged our luggauges down. It was around 10pm or so I think... Can't remember very clearly but it should be very late because I remembered looking for another hotel near the area was pretty difficult because of the time. I heard that we got a partial refund from the hotel and we had to split to a few hotels for the night.

This is one of the most convincing incidents that I have encountered. The rest that I've heard are just stories though and more scary, but it isn't as convincing since I have nothing to do with it. Anyways, whether you believe it or not is up to you haha since I don't have evidence to back me up XD

Anyways, I really hope that it is explanable by science.

But even so, I still believe that there are such things as ghosts. >__<

OMG Kyuu! DID you GET this STRANGE disease OF randomly CAPITALIZING some WORDS in YOUR text NOW too?

I noticed that it's kinda in now to do that with longer posts XD haha XD

And here comes me! \o/

Anyway, first I want to point out that the title says: "believe" not "do you have proof" XD

Second, even scientifically proof is mostly theories too. And it's harder to prove that something doesn't exist than that it does exist.

And, as any good scientist should do, you may never say that a theory is 100% true. Because it's a theory and the definition of it simply doesn't allow it.

So there are 2 theories, "there are ghosts" and "there aren't ghosts". You usually take the easier one as "true", to make things not too complicated. But which one is the easier? That's usually decided by a majority of people/scientists.

But here, you're free to choose between them, because of the question with "believe" :P

Reason why I believe in ghosts (tho i think people define ghost differently from person to person or culture to culture):

- Law of conservation of energy (not sure if that's the right therm D: ): It says that you can't loose energy. And my life /my thoughts are also some kind of energy. (electricity usually cuz of DA BRAAAAIIN). So a ghost would be this energy, that's not lost, could stay as it is and "fly" out of the body or could be changed into other energy.

- Coma: People, that are healthy physically don't wake up. Why? Science can't explain that clearly (afaik). People also suicide or die because of something traumatic. Why? If you look it from natures perspective, that' illogical, since nature wants us to be born, eat, make babies and then die.

Well, no one has to agree with my view. I just don't think we're zombies that eat, walk around, destroy things pointlessly and then die : x

Also, what country talk? I don't see anyone using slang here :V

Yea. You could be right in saying That I could be biased. I could have believed them because they are someone whom I know and I trusted them based on their words alone (since I can't actually see ghosts I wouldn't know if they are there or not.).

Anyways, the story goes like this.

We went overseas with the school musical troupe to somewhere in China and we checked into the hotel. We had booked the entire level of that hotel so the entire level only had us.

It was already pretty late when we reached so once we were given rooms we went up to put our luggauges. During this time, everyone was moving around freely so it's pretty difficult to know where each other is.

My friend C, had planned to share a room with another friend D, and her sister. This is what we know.

From here onwards is the story. Whether it is real or just some coincidences is up to you whether you believe or not. As for me, I just feel its too amazing to be just a coincidence.

So C came out of the room after she dropped her luggage and headed for another room (she said she was going to visit some friend from the other group to see if they have settled down.) and so D and her sis came up with her luggage and went past C. Curiously, C asked what D was up to, with her luggage. (which clearly is a weird question to me of course)

D was like... "what the... Of course I'm going to our room! What else?" we were like... ?!?!?! (what's with the question)

So she told us that she saw someone else who looks like her in the room. Before she could further explain, a mother ( a parent guardian) asked us what happened (we were standing there not going to our rooms) so C told her that someone else which we might not know was in the room when she went in. That person ignored her when she called to her telling her she will be going to someone else's room.

So the mother went to check it out with their key. The rest wanted to take a look but C suddenly stopped them, thinking it could be 'something else' since she knew she could see 'ghosts' when she was younger. Of course, we were skeptical. But we asked what she saw, anyway...

So she told us she came up to put her luggage and thought nobody was there because the lights are off, but when she went in, she saw that the bathroom light was on even though it was dim. So she peeked inside and saw a girl combing her hair and her back was similar to D's so she thought it was D. She asked why didn't she turn on the lights but she didn't reply. So she told 'her' that since she's there, she'll leave the lights on and she'll head to Another friend's room for a little while. Then D's sister asked how she looked like... (I suppose it's because C said it looked like her sister...)

So C told us, she had long hair and was wearing a blouse and striking blue pants. And that she was combing her hair. So she could see only her back so she presumed it was D.

Then we were like... Could it be S? (someone else) since they look similar from the back and they are pretty close. But... how could it be?! She does not have the key. And who in the right mind will go to another person's room to comb their hair? <_< but of course there's a possibility..........

Anyways, it was freaking us out and obviously quite a lot of people saw us discussing and came over to understand the situation. We were waiting for the guardian to return and she did. And she was carrying C's luggage. She whispered to C pretty softly and perhaps slowly, asking if what she saw was a girl sitting on a stool combing her hair and wearing brown blouse and blue pants...? C nodded and the guardian looked troubled.

We were like... O.o okay they saw the same girl... So who is she? I nearly wanted to breathe a sigh of relief because someone else could see her so it is highly likely that she is not a ghost. What are the chances of someone else able to see one? Was what I thought. (The others was convinced she is a ghost I think.)

But even the guardian told us that it's best not to stay in that room anymore so she brought C's stuff out and asked her to move to another room. Of course, by this time many others were already crowding around and asking questions. So the mother and C were trying to explain what has been going on and suddenly they fell silent and pushed us and say it would be best to talk downstairs at the cafe and asked the rest to get their luggauges down to the lobby as fast as they can. After querying about it later, C told us it was because the 'ghost' came out of the room.

Anyways, we haven't unpacked so we just dragged our luggauges down. It was around 10pm or so I think... Can't remember very clearly but it should be very late because I remembered looking for another hotel near the area was pretty difficult because of the time. I heard that we got a partial refund from the hotel and we had to split to a few hotels for the night.

This is one of the most convincing incidents that I have encountered. The rest that I've heard are just stories though and more scary, but it isn't as convincing since I have nothing to do with it. Anyways, whether you believe it or not is up to you haha since I don't have evidence to back me up XD

Anyways, I really hope that it is explanable by science.

But even so, I still believe that there are such things as ghosts. >__<

Definitely an anecdotal story, and I don't see how lying would pose any negative consequences as you suggested. Besides, from what it looks, the "ghost" was always seen in the dark. And it looked like it was someone who was in another room. If the windows were properly positioned in respect to lighting then it is possible they saw a projection of the girl from another room. Of course I don't know where her room was in respect to theirs, but it is certainly possible. Here is the concept behind that: Pepper's ghost.

Naturally there is not enough information to determine that. And the story sounds like its more than a week old so it has probably changed over time and lost and gained some information to support the notion of ghosts.

OMG Kyuu! DID you GET this STRANGE disease OF randomly CAPITALIZING some WORDS in YOUR text NOW too?

I noticed that it's kinda in now to do that with longer posts XD haha XD

And here comes me! \o/

Anyway, first I want to point out that the title says: "believe" not "do you have proof" XD

Second, even scientifically proof is mostly theories too. And it's harder to prove that something doesn't exist than that it does exist.

And, as any good scientist should do, you may never say that a theory is 100% true. Because it's a theory and the definition of it simply doesn't allow it.

So there are 2 theories, "there are ghosts" and "there aren't ghosts". You usually take the easier one as "true", to make things not too complicated. But which one is the easier? That's usually decided by a majority of people/scientists.

But here, you're free to choose between them, because of the question with "believe" :P

Reason why I believe in ghosts (tho i think people define ghost differently from person to person or culture to culture):

- Law of conservation of energy (not sure if that's the right therm D: ): It says that you can't loose energy. And my life /my thoughts are also some kind of energy. (electricity usually cuz of DA BRAAAAIIN). So a ghost would be this energy, that's not lost, could stay as it is and "fly" out of the body or could be changed into other energy.

- Coma: People, that are healthy physically don't wake up. Why? Science can't explain that clearly (afaik). People also suicide or die because of something traumatic. Why? If you look it from natures perspective, that' illogical, since nature wants us to be born, eat, make babies and then die.

Well, no one has to agree with my view. I just don't think we're zombies that eat, walk around, destroy things pointlessly and then die : x

Also, what country talk? I don't see anyone using slang here :V

Kleene, I'm sure you are tired of hearing this, but... Occam's Razor. That is all...

OH! And while I'm at it! Time for SCIENCE! Yes, there is the law of conservation to consider, but that energy doesn't just float around, it returns to other organisms for nourishment. Its the cycle of life. And not to mention that human consciousness doesn't work that way. Information is stored in the neurons of the brain which mediate ligand gated ion channels, which send information. So no information is stored in the electrical energy that is in our bodies, but in the cells. The electrical energy is just the carrier.

Coma is the lack of brain activity, the reasons for it are many, and medical science knows the cause, but at times cannot correct or determine the cause. Naturally comas caused by brain damage is dependent on the severity of the damage and if the brain could repair itself. After that it is a waiting game... It has nothing to do with energy but with physical damage to the brain and neurons. If there is no damage then there is an underlying cause, whether or not medicine can determine that is another story.

Definitely an anecdotal story, and I don't see how lying would pose any negative consequences as you suggested. Besides, from what it looks, the "ghost" was always seen in the dark. And it looked like it was someone who was in another room. If the windows were properly positioned in respect to lighting then it is possible they saw a projection of the girl from another room. Of course I don't know where her room was in respect to theirs, but it is certainly possible. Here is the concept behind that: Pepper's ghost.

Naturally there is not enough information to determine that. And the story sounds like its more than a week old so it has probably changed over time and lost and gained some information to support the notion of ghosts.

It wasnt exactly seen in the dark.

My friend left the lights on so it should be bright.

And also, it was in the toilet so I doubt there is anything to do with windows or reflections of something from outside.

I've heard about the Pepper's ghost's illusion and it definitely is possible, but I doubt its that too since there's really nothing much to be reflected upon and chances are low. There could be some other explanations. It cannot be hallucinations because it would be difficult to 'hallucinate' the exact same thing. (Hmmm... unless it is really THAT coincidental)

And if changing of hotels late at night, making everything troublesome, and having to pay more than usual because of the change not a 'negative consequence', then what is? And there's nothing to be gained from lying about what they see. And lying means those two are working together to trick us. And I don't think our guardian would be that irresponsible to lie about it and troubling everyone...

The details that I remembered are pretty clear because the incident gave a lasting impact on me. However, I do admit I only remember the details which gave me the most lasting impact. There may be other details which we have missed out or ignored because we choose to believe in one/two people's point of view.

Anyway, if you encountered what we call a supernatural occurrence, what would you have done then?

For me, even if I might think that this COULD be due to science, I haven't been able to prove it, so I am open to all ideas. For me, I feel that blindly believing is superstitious, but persistently resisting the idea is being stubborn. I believe that there are ghosts on this world, but I will not be associating all supernatural occurrences to them.

It wasnt exactly seen in the dark.

My friend left the lights on so it should be bright.

And also, it was in the toilet so I doubt there is anything to do with windows or reflections of something from outside.

I've heard about the Pepper's ghost's illusion and it definitely is possible, but I doubt its that too since there's really nothing much to be reflected upon and chances are low. There could be some other explanations. It cannot be hallucinations because it would be difficult to 'hallucinate' the exact same thing. (Hmmm... unless it is really THAT coincidental)

And if changing of hotels late at night, making everything troublesome, and having to pay more than usual because of the change not a 'negative consequence', then what is? And there's nothing to be gained from lying about what they see. And lying means those two are working together to trick us. And I don't think our guardian would be that irresponsible to lie about it and troubling everyone...

The details that I remembered are pretty clear because the incident gave a lasting impact on me. However, I do admit I only remember the details which gave me the most lasting impact. There may be other details which we have missed out or ignored because we choose to believe in one/two people's point of view.

Anyway, if you encountered what we call a supernatural occurrence, what would you have done then?

For me, even if I might think that this COULD be due to science, I haven't been able to prove it, so I am open to all ideas. For me, I feel that blindly believing is superstitious, but persistently resisting the idea is being stubborn. I believe that there are ghosts on this world, but I will not be associating all supernatural occurrences to them.

I don't resist the idea, I resist believing it without proof. There is a difference. Again, science has shown plenty of reasons why ghosts and supernatural things are fabricated, but not ONE piece of evidence to the affirmative.

Also, there could have been OTHER reasons why they would have wanted to change rooms that could have been looked down upon by others. There are always reasons for people to lie. Also, it could have been a auditory induced hallucination as well with the image of someone else, and since they let KNOW what they saw, it wouldn't be hard for someone else to be affected by the same frequency and think they see the same thing. And Pepper's Ghost only requires a window that allows for reflection of imagery, which every hotel room has, unless it in a basement and without any windows.

I don't resist the idea, I resist believing it without proof. There is a difference. Again, science has shown plenty of reasons why ghosts and supernatural things are fabricated, but not ONE piece of evidence to the affirmative.

Also, there could have been OTHER reasons why they would have wanted to change rooms that could have been looked down upon by others. There are always reasons for people to lie. Also, it could have been a auditory induced hallucination as well with the image of someone else, and since they let KNOW what they saw, it wouldn't be hard for someone else to be affected by the same frequency and think they see the same thing. And Pepper's Ghost only requires a window that allows for reflection of imagery, which every hotel room has, unless it in a basement and without any windows.

Many incidents are INDEED fabricated and I believe so as well. However, it is UNCERTAIN as to whether ALL are fabricated. And also, what we are talking about now is something which may be unrelated to science. If there are actually 'PROOF' to ghosts, then it certainly would be scientific already. Also, I don't really know how you would be able to get proof for ghosts because many evidences or 'proof' are always deemed inconclusive. What would you then, consider as PROOF for ghosts? Pictures, videos, a trustworthy person, ghost busters, or something unexplanable by science? What is proof?

Many incidents are INDEED fabricated and I believe so as well. However, it is UNCERTAIN as to whether ALL are fabricated. And also, what we are talking about now is something which may be unrelated to science. If there are actually 'PROOF' to ghosts, then it certainly would be scientific already. Also, I don't really know how you would be able to get proof for ghosts because many evidences or 'proof' are always deemed inconclusive. What would you then, consider as PROOF for ghosts? Pictures, videos, a trustworthy person, ghost busters, or something unexplanable by science? What is proof?

^ THIS!

Yes, there's nO proof of their existence. But it doesn't mean they doN't exist.

And the rest are very well said by KKLT.

@KKLT: your story madE my hairs stand... :V

^ THIS!

Yes, there's nO proof of their existence. But it doesn't mean they doN't exist.

And the rest are very well said by KKLT.

@KKLT: your story madE my hairs stand... :V

XD

My story isn't exactly scary. Just that if you are there at that time, it would be scary. But listening to it doesn't sound scary at all. :P

XD

My story isn't exactly scary. Just that if you are there at that time, it would be scary. But listening to it doesn't sound scary at all. :P

If you want scary story there was one book wrote by some Professional parapsychologists and “ghosts hunters someone called "price" if I remember in 1920 or 30s

Title was "The Most Haunted House in The england" Book is Based on his experience.

Proof is simple, I don't need pictures or video, those aren't trustworthy. I need measurements taken by accredited instruments that are linked unequivocally with paranormal activity. No such instrument exists. In order for ghosts to be real, and for stories to be true, there must be some energy clustered, and thus readings should be possible. If not then there is no possible way for ghosts to be seen or interact with the environment as suggested by the stories. And there cannot be any other possible explanation for it. And considering that the RELIABLE detection instruments found nothing in supposedly "haunted" areas, I cannot believe ghosts to be true. Ghosts interact and are present in some way in the physical world. They can't move something without being present, that presence should be able to be detected by science. Since it isn't all of that is BS. Science has explained why ghosts don't exist. Really, find me some concrete evidence that isn't from hokey science that can hold up to scrutiny, and I'll be a believer. While we are at it, we'll gain some money.

All believers in ghosts agree on one thing, that ghosts exist as a manifestation of the human spirit (energy) in the living world that can interact and be seen. Go back to that hotel alone and see if you can replicate that spirit, she must still be there, right? Prove me wrong. I have proven to you why I believe to be right using links, scientific evidence, and you have given me anecdotal evidence that could have easily been fabricated to cover something else up, or could have been changed or exaggerated. All it takes a little fear to make people believe, and if there is a naturally occurring frequency of about 18Hz (just below the human detection limit) and the mere inclination that a ghost MIGHT exist to make someone up and leave. Frequency of Fear

Again, if ghosts were real, or any other paranormal then Mr Randi would have been out a million dollars LONG ago. His standards were agreed upon by BOTH sides. In other words, every single person who took part in that challenge believed that they could prove the existence of paranormal phenomena under laboratory conditions. NOT ONE COULD IN 30+ YEARS! NONE! Hell, none even passed the preliminary phase.

@kyuu:- I found something while searching randomly what do you think of this ?

Here are the links story where i read and video Coverage of FOX 31

Story

Video Mar 2008