Detective Conan World
Cindy-Chen

Welcoming New Members

Maybe most of us older members do it a lot less than we used to, and the lists (if any) have become so much shorter. Seriously, who would want to be greeted by a long list that was just copied and pasted onto his intro thread? But we still do welcome new members. :mellow:

So, uh, what is the point of this topic? :huh?:

......-_-

I'm not sure...It just seemed I was the only member welcoming new members.

*looks at the introduction section*

*sees lots of people welcoming new members*

*looks at the introduction section*

*sees lots of people welcoming new members*

Funny you should mention that... Going through a few threads, I never saw Cindy-chen's name once. So what was the point of this? All evidence would suggest that there are several people EXCEPT cindy-chen is welcoming new members.

No, like, I meant that I go to the Members page, then click Join Date then go to the last few pages. Because when I was new, I had no idea whatsoever how or what I could do here. I still posted on my own page. :P

Okay, if you click the top left corner "Members".

Then you go to the place where you see Member Name, Post Count, and Join Date. (Near the left.

I then click "Join Date".

Then, I scroll to the bottom and click the last page (611 Pages).

Then I click on each of their profiles, then "copy and paste" my welcome thingy on their page, explaining how to talk to members.

Because when I was new, I didn't know how to talk with other people.

I think I got your point now--you just want to know who else welcomes new members through posting a welcoming comment on their profiles, right? :)

It still sounds more like a status than a topic. Only a few people really do that, and I'm not included. I'd rather greet members who actually take the effort to introduce themselves than members who never surface once their account is made. Post in the Introductions section instead. Those are people who actually care about using the forums.

It still sounds more like a status than a topic. Only a few people really do that, and I'm not included. I'd rather greet members who actually take the effort to introduce themselves than members who never surface once their account is made. Post in the Introductions section instead. Those are people who actually care about using the forums.

I agree with aeyra here. There is no way you signed up and don't know how to use the forums. Why bother wasting the time on users who might have only signed up for the non-existent watch section, and who will likely never participate in the forums. I'll continue welcoming people whom I see are active and ignoring everyone else.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

I know what you are trying to say.

Well it help's a lot C- Chan for new member's to fit in,

it certainly helped me.

so Thanks you once again