Detective Conan World
tengaku squared

Curious Mind-Tester Questions

Over here is the topic where all the questions I come up in my free time are posted. These questions will not necessarily have a right or wrong answer.

Questions will be posted on a weekly basis if possible. Potential answers will be posted after a certain number of people answer.

Answer these questions as truthfully as possible.

If you are confused about the wording of the questions (which you may be, since some of the questions are incredibly vague), just ask. I'll be around (maybe).

Question 1:

You have a triangle and square. Both have sides of the same lengths. If you place the two shapes together, such that the triangle and square share a side, what shape do you get?

Question 2:

You are thirsty. You come across a fork in the road. Although both roads appear barren of life, the left one appears to have some vegetation growing, and the vegetation gets thicker along the road. The right one appears to take you to your destination (wherever that is) more quickly. Assuming you must stay on the road, and you cannot change your mind once you make your choice, what do you do?

Question 3:

(will be posted October 10)

Question 4:

(will be posted October 17)

1. An irregular pentagon

2. Interesting question... That depends on the conditions. Even though the left path 'appears to have vegetation', does the that mean the right path has no vegetation at all? Maybe it's a road through a town with little trees (and all the lights are off because it's night-time and although I know it's there because I have a map).

The left path may have bushes and grass and weeds, but may not have trees for shade which would be needed depending on the distance to be travelled and weather. Vegetation also means life (even if there appears to be none) such as snakes, insects, birds and mammals, depending on where I am. It might also mean water, but both paths maybe be through a desert in which case I would pick the left path over the right because water can be extracted from the plants, and maybe I'm hallucinating about my destination being there because I'm so dehydrated.

Or maybe I need to go through a tunnel or go around it and I'm thirsty because I'm in a race or I'm just running for some unknown reason, which is why I'm thirsty. The tunnel is empty and you can't see any birds, bugs or people on the left path. I pick the right path just because I like this scenario better. :P

1# : I would put the triagle inside the square, so a can still have a square. +some stripes inside...

2# : The right one. There might be some water in my destination.

#1: I thought about a house first, but then....I'm gonna say a crayon over it. xP

#2: The left road. If there is vegetation growing, there will be water. And I would rather quench my thirst but walk a bit further than die [or amost die] of thirst and reach it sooner [you don't even know how long "sooner is]. So yeah. The left one. xP

Over here is the topic where all the questions I come up in my free time are posted. These questions will not necessarily have a right or wrong answer.

Questions will be posted on a weekly basis if possible. Potential answers will be posted after a certain number of people answer.

Answer these questions as truthfully as possible.

If you are confused about the wording of the questions (which you may be, since some of the questions are incredibly vague), just ask. I'll be around (maybe).

Question 1:

You have a triangle and square. Both have sides of the same lengths. If you place the two shapes together, such that the triangle and square share a side, what shape do you get?

Question 2:

You are thirsty. You come across a fork in the road. Although both roads appear barren of life, the left one appears to have some vegetation growing, and the vegetation gets thicker along the road. The right one appears to take you to your destination (wherever that is) more quickly. Assuming you must stay on the road, and you cannot change your mind once you make your choice, what do you do?

Question 3:

(will be posted October 10)

Question 4:

(will be posted October 17)

Hmmm i say for Q2 I just carry on walking down....

for Q1 i say house which I only think of

i don't think i have right answer....

hmmmm

Here are my answers for the two questions:

#1) A house

...Well, it just looks like one of those stereotypical houses the kindergartners draw, doesn't it?

#2) Turn back.

We don't know how long either path is going to take. The paths may be longer then the distance I took to get here, and my starting location will likely have water. Or I could be simply too lazy to continue or I hate where I'm going, though why would I be going there if I hate it, I do not know. So, it's probably logical to turn back.

Anyways...there were some interesting answers, so I'll go over all of them.

A house ?

<3

#2: The 2nd path. If the vegetation is poisonous then I will die instantly.

Interesting observation. I never thought of it that way. Yes, poisonous vegetation...

A candle? :/

A very fat candle, indeed. :V

#2: The left path... We don't know how long the right path will take. Even if its shorter. If it takes longer than a week, I don't think we can even reach the destination. Also, with vegetation on the left path = there might be water somewhere around the path. :P

This was the answer I was typically looking for, with the typical reasoning as well.

(...continued from previous post due to quote limit)

#1 a Pentagon. :V

...I expected Aeyra to give this answer. XD

1. Pyramid

2.Find water first. lol

1) So, you stack the two shapes on top? I don't see it, but whatever works.

2) You didn't give an answer Logical choice.

1. An irregular pentagon

2. Interesting question... That depends on the conditions. Even though the left path 'appears to have vegetation', does the that mean the right path has no vegetation at all? Maybe it's a road through a town with little trees (and all the lights are off because it's night-time and although I know it's there because I have a map).

The left path may have bushes and grass and weeds, but may not have trees for shade which would be needed depending on the distance to be travelled and weather. Vegetation also means life (even if there appears to be none) such as snakes, insects, birds and mammals, depending on where I am. It might also mean water, but both paths maybe be through a desert in which case I would pick the left path over the right because water can be extracted from the plants, and maybe I'm hallucinating about my destination being there because I'm so dehydrated.

Or maybe I need to go through a tunnel or go around it and I'm thirsty because I'm in a race or I'm just running for some unknown reason, which is why I'm thirsty. The tunnel is empty and you can't see any birds, bugs or people on the left path. I pick the right path just because I like this scenario better. :P

1) See my response to Shiraz's answer.

2) 0_o Long posts.

You could've asked me to clarify, though I guess you did (and I didn't answer :V). The right path has no vegetation. Other then that...your reasoning is more detailed then I expected anyone's to be.

1# : I would but the triagle inside the square, so a can still have a square. Now it just has some stripes inside...

2# : The right one. There might be some water in my destination.

1) ...Well, I never said you couldn't cut the shapes. In the same way, you could get a trapezoid.

2) Hmmm. I see.

#1: I thought about a house first, but then....I'm gonna say a crayon over it. xP

#2: The left road. If there is vegetation growing, there will be water. And I would rather quench my thirst but walk a bit further than die [or amost die] of thirst and reach it sooner [you don't even know how long "sooner is]. So yeah. The left one. xP

1) A fat crayon, indeed. :V

2) See response to KKLT's answer.

Question 1: Irregular pentagon

Question 2: Faster to destination - destination might have water

1) See response to Shiraz's answer.

2) See response to Tsukiko's answer.

Hmmm i say for Q2 I just carry on walking down....

for Q1 i say house which I only think of

i don't think i have right answer....

hmmmm

1) <3

2) ...Eh?

And remember, there is no wrong answer.

OH, and if you have any questions that are similarly open-ended, you can PM them to me, and I may use them! :o

(...continued from previous post due to quote limit)

...I expected Aeyra to give this answer. XD

Oh. :mellow: OK.

Answer for Q2:

Depends on the scenario. Why would I be at the fork of the road in the first place?

Question 1:

A house or a tie. :)

Question 2:

The right road - what seems plentiful may not be. Stay on track, and you will gain better. :)

• Upvote 1

It is a pentagon... ... ... Not all houses look like that you know. It's much too general of a term. In order to be specific, you specify it as an equilateral (but not equiangular) pentagon. If there is a more specific term, I don't know it and I could care less. It is a pentagon!!!!!!!!!!!!! >:DDDDDDD

Second question....

Vegetation grows thicker later on(which could mark the presence of a stream, foliage for making fire, and therefore cleaning the water if it is rancid), so I'd choose that side. I'm thirsty. I'm not about to die from dehydration. And I'd have a water bottle or two on me anyway, so it wouldn't make much of a difference. :P

- It's a simple house with a pentagon shape... :))

- I'll go where there is a vegetation because it says that on the other road , it leads you to a quicker way to your destination... So, if you go to the left you will still arrive to your destination but on a longer time...

^_^