Detective Conan World
Detective Rohit

List of Over-rated Things

1. Rebecca Black

2. Rubbish, stupid TV shows such as Jersey Shore, 16 and Pregnant, Teen Mom (just a coincidence all the given examples are from a certain channel)

3. Celebrities - the extent of some people's idolatry to certain celebs is just insane.

4. Twilight - not a hater, I myself used to be a fan of the books. But somehow I feel as if the franchise, or rather, the movies are just too overrated.

5. Academic scores - who said scores are everything? Not getting a good grade in school does not mean one is stupid or can't be successful. Apparently most of society thinks that way.

6. Parents complaining about teen/young adult celebs who go to clubs - let's face it, ppl that age like to go to clubs. and when they're legal, why can't they go A lot of celebs' peers (common ppl of the same age) go to clubs, why can't these teen celebs go too? Is it bcos they must be role models to young kids? Parents should take over and be their kids' own role models instead. Besides, going to clubs is not necessarily a bad thing (maybe), perhaps they just like to dance - granted these people don't get wasted or take drugs, now that is a different matter all together.

7. Justin Bieber's Paternity Test - can't believe some people actually believe it.. I'd say he's also a bit overrated, but he can sing (at least better than a few other singers), so..

1. Rebecca Black

2. Rubbish, stupid TV shows such as Jersey Shore, 16 and Pregnant, Teen Mom (just a coincidence all the given examples are from a certain channel)

3. Celebrities - the extent of some people's idolatry to certain celebs is just insane.

4. Twilight - not a hater, I myself used to be a fan of the books. But somehow I feel as if the franchise, or rather, the movies are just too overrated.

5. Academic scores - who said scores are everything? Not getting a good grade in school does not mean one is stupid or can't be successful. Apparently most of society thinks that way.

6. Parents complaining about teen/young adult celebs who go to clubs - let's face it, ppl that age like to go to clubs. and when they're legal, why can't they go A lot of celebs' peers (common ppl of the same age) go to clubs, why can't these teen celebs go too? Is it bcos they must be role models to young kids? Parents should take over and be their kids' own role models instead. Besides, going to clubs is not necessarily a bad thing (maybe), perhaps they just like to dance - granted these people don't get wasted or take drugs, now that is a different matter all together.

7. Justin Bieber's Paternity Test - can't believe some people actually believe it.. I'd say he's also a bit overrated, but he can sing (at least better than a few other singers), so..

1. How is she overrated when most of the internet considers her the worst Youtube singer? That is how she became popular

2. Legitimate...

3. Agreed, save a few exceptions. There are a few celebrities that deserve their hype (though I assume actors and actresses are meant here)

4. Twilight is certainly overrated. (I have more than a few problems with the franchise as a whole)

5. You have been talking to the wrong people... "It's not what you know, it's who you know" I've been told that more times than I care to consider. And I've been told a number of times that GPA doesn't matter, the actual degree does.

6. I'm confused... how is that overrated...? That seems more like your personal hate than something that is overrated... Unless you think that people like parents who complain about that and herald them as warriors for what is good and pure in the world...

7. Same issue with 6... Something like that can't be overrated. Blown out of proportion maybe, but not overrated.

1. How is she overrated when most of the internet considers her the worst Youtube singer? That is how she became popular

2. Legitimate...

3. Agreed, save a few exceptions. There are a few celebrities that deserve their hype (though I assume actors and actresses are meant here)

4. Twilight is certainly overrated. (I have more than a few problems with the franchise as a whole)

5. You have been talking to the wrong people... "It's not what you know, it's who you know" I've been told that more times than I care to consider. And I've been told a number of times that GPA doesn't matter, the actual degree does.

6. I'm confused... how is that overrated...? That seems more like your personal hate than something that is overrated... Unless you think that people like parents who complain about that and herald them as warriors for what is good and pure in the world...

7. Same issue with 6... Something like that can't be overrated. Blown out of proportion maybe, but not overrated.

5. Perhaps it's just a matter of being in different environments, hence different expectations?

6. Maybe over-rated is not the word, but rather, it is more like a matter of making a mountain out of a molehill. And just for clarification sake, it is not that I grudge personal hate (did my post make it sound that way?), it is just that I am kind of annoyed of seeing such articles.

7. You're right, it's a matter that is being blown out of proportion rather than it being over-rated. I suppose JB himself is a bit over-rated, although I will acknowledge his talent.