Detective Conan World
Vi Graythorn

What Do You Like?

I really like sad songs

Breakup songs especially. They give me the creeps.

I just like the sad melody and tune.

lol wait, really?

Granted a select few are decent, but most songs about relationships or breakups come off as whiny, and they never cease to get on my nerves after being repeated on the radio for the hundredth time.

The only "depressing" songs I like are instrumentals--the ones that tend to carry a lot of emotion.

(shout out to my boi Joe Hisaishi for being one of my favorite composers of all time)

Here's a good example if you're wondering what I'm talking about:

It has a few Howl's Moving Castle vibes (and it's a bit lesser known), but it's absolutely gorgeous--and "depressing" to an extent, I suppose.

...and here's another one.

I have a huge list of them by the way. I had a bit of trouble deciding which ones to post here, lol.

Still gotta love upbeat songs though.

lol wait, really?

Granted a select few are decent, but most songs about relationships or breakups come off as whiny, and they never cease to get on my nerves after being repeated on the radio for the hundredth time.

The only "depressing" songs I like are instrumentals--the ones that tend to carry a lot of emotion.

(shout out to my boi Joe Hisaishi for being one of my favorite composers of all time)

It has a few Howl's Moving Castle vibes (and it's a bit lesser known), but it's absolutely gorgeous--and "depressing" to an extent, I suppose.

I have a huge list of them by the way. I had a bit of trouble deciding which ones to post here, lol.

Wait. Who are you talking to? Me or Decon? Anyways, pretty sad instrumental... useful for meditating :P

I pretty much don't prefer instrumentals (except upbeat ones) coz I'm a lyric-oriented person... if the lyrics isn't well written, I kinda dislike the specific song automatically.

lol wait, really?

Ooh, I like that! I like all songs though. I used to like those really upbeat songs and heavy metal songs. Now I prefer sad melody songs, but I still haven't gave up on upbeat songs.

Wait. Who are you talking to? Me or Decon? Anyways, pretty sad instrumental... useful for meditating :P

I pretty much don't prefer instrumentals (except upbeat ones) coz I'm a lyric-oriented person... if the lyrics isn't well written, I kinda dislike the specific song automatically.

Kenzi was probably talking to both of us. I'm like the opposite. It's really hard for me to understand what the lyrics are so I listen to the tune/melody.

yup, I was referring to both of you.

uh, I think I'll take the liberty to disagree with you again.

I said this in my last post, but I'll say it again: Granted a select few are decent, but most ["depressing" lyric-oriented] songs about relationships or breakups come off as whiny, and they never cease to get on my nerves after being repeated on the radio for the hundredth time.

Anyone can easily convey their "sadness" or "misery" over some words, to be honest. Most of these songs don't come off as meaningful at all. They come off as obnoxious and even somewhat passive aggressive at times. Emotion or stories that can be conveyed through instruments and notes have a much more substantial effect on me. Joe Hisaishi has a talent for this and I absolutely revel in his work.

I don't listen to lyric songs as often anymore.

I still listen to the radio once in a while for those few gems I do manage to come across, but generally: instrumentals >>>>>>>> lyric songs, in my opinion.

lol, don't get me wrong because I also have a huge list of lyric songs I enjoy listening to.

Ooh, I like that! I like all songs though. I used to like those really upbeat songs and heavy metal songs. Now I prefer sad melody songs, but I still haven't gave up on upbeat songs.

Kenzi was probably talking to both of us. I'm like the opposite. It's really hard for me to understand what the lyrics are so I listen to the tune/melody.

ahaha, I'm not a fan of metal songs.

they're a bit too "loud" for my taste, if that makes sense, lol.

yup, I was referring to both of you.

uh, I think I'll take the liberty to disagree with you again.

I said this in my last post, but I'll say it again: Granted a select few are decent, but most ["depressing" lyric-oriented] songs about relationships or breakups come off as whiny, and they never cease to get on my nerves after being repeated on the radio for the hundredth time.

Anyone can easily convey their "sadness" or "misery" over some words, to be honest. Most of these songs don't come off as meaningful at all. They come off as obnoxious and even somewhat passive aggressive at times. Emotion or stories that can be conveyed through instruments and notes have a much more substantial effect on me. Joe Hisaishi has a talent for this and I absolutely revel in his work.

I don't listen to lyric songs as often anymore.

I still listen to the radio once in a while for those few gems I do manage to come across, but generally: instrumentals >>>>>>>> lyric songs, in my opinion.

lol, don't get me wrong because I also have a huge list of lyric songs I enjoy listening to.

ahaha, I'm not a fan of metal songs.

they're a bit too "loud" for my taste, if that makes sense, lol.

Oh, I like both sad, quieter songs and loud and upbeat songs.

Upbeat songs give energy and I just party all night long. I like it how when I put the loud songs up to full blast and I could feel the vibration.

Sad and slow songs are for when I'm sad and I listen to it. If the lyrics are sad, then I cry too. :P

Basically, I listen to sad songs when I'm feeling down and cry, then I listen to upbeat songs and smile again to make me feel like nothing's wrong when the whole world is crumbling.

fansubbers 

They're slowly being taken over by the likes of Crunchyroll and Funimation.

These weren't the subtitles I grew up loving about anime.

Sure, companies make things more standardized, but good fansubbers always put so much love and care in their work.

I don't know how I feel about this...