Detective Conan World

Yup! Definitely. :D

Meh, I don't excel in piano either. If you're going by the Chinese piano examinations, you go up a level every time you take the test, correct? I never did enjoy taking tests, so I took one and then decided I was just gonna play. :P I don't really have piano lessons anymore, all I do is perfect a few of my favorite songs and teach myself a few interesting ones. I can't believe I took months to practice this one song...and completely forgot it. <_<

Still, which one do you prefer? I really want to learn guitar, I only know a few chords and a bit of strumming. Though I've been messing around with it lately... *spent half an hour yesterday randomly strumming on guitar* Hey, it's really fun and you can find such great tunes!

I have a tuner and I do it based off of that. But my stupid G-string refuses to tighten itself... <_< Everything else is tuned, just that one. Stupid. String.

I don't really do the piano exams either. I remember the certificate saying 'Merit' and 'Distinction' in english on it.

Same here :P I'm just gonna play piano :)

Wow. Same for me too. My parents cancelled piano lessons since they saw that I lost interest in it.

I played piano, sight-read some piano pieces...etc a while ago (like just now!) and my mother remarked that I have musical talent...

I don't believe her <_< but I can't blame her either... after all... (I won't tell anyone because I don't want to brag or anything...)

Hmm... I was gonna say 'Guitar', but since you really want to learn it, you can take it :)

I'll be considerate and take piano xD ;)

I agree!! I came up with half a tune 6 months ago with the promise that I'll turn it into a worship song.

My song was only half a tune. Was not completely structured out. I think I might continue developing it... dunno

Good Luck, Pyre. If it's not wound properly and you just can't manage to tune it correctly, you might have to re-string it. Like when someone has a broken string. But if the sound is still fine, you won't actually need a new one. You'll just have to string it differently.

I don't really do the piano exams either. I remember the certificate saying 'Merit' and 'Distinction' in english on it.

Same here :P I'm just gonna play piano :)

Wow. Same for me too. My parents cancelled piano lessons since they saw that I lost interest in it.

I played piano, sight-read some piano pieces...etc a while ago (like just now!) and my mother remarked that I have musical talent...

I don't believe her <_< but I can't blame her either... after all... (I won't tell anyone because I don't want to brag or anything...)

Hmm... I was gonna say 'Guitar', but since you really want to learn it, you can take it :)

I'll be considerate and take piano xD ;)

I agree!! I came up with half a tune 6 months ago with the promise that I'll turn it into a worship song.

My song was only half a tune. Was not completely structured out. I think I might continue developing it... dunno

Good Luck, Pyre. If it's not wound properly and you just can't manage to tune it correctly, you might have to re-string it. Like when someone has a broken string. But if the sound is still fine, you won't actually need a new one. You'll just have to string it differently.

Ahhh then it's a waste you didn't continue with music... I didn't have much talent with the piano and had to struggle and work hard for so many years!!!! I love music tho... And very fond of compositions... It took me years before I could get to grade 7 and cuz I was too busy at that time I had to give up one of my extra activities... And my parents felt that I should just take up at most two instruments at a time, so I just dropped my piano without completing my last grade... :/ I'd take it back up Once I have the time... :/

Ahhh then it's a waste you didn't continue with music... I didn't have much talent with the piano and had to struggle and work hard for so many years!!!! I love music tho... And very fond of compositions... It took me years before I could get to grade 7 and cuz I was too busy at that time I had to give up one of my extra activities... And my parents felt that I should just take up at most two instruments at a time, so I just dropped my piano without completing my last grade... :/ I'd take it back up Once I have the time... :/

You mean with piano? :blink: cuz I still play guitar ;) And I sing as well :P

I'm just in Grade 3 for piano :P I don't excel in it

Wow... Grade 7 for piano is really good... I dunno if I'll ever get there :P

K ;) If you don't teach piano/keyboard/organ than what do you teach? :P

I think it's the one my grandmother has

It has lots of strings and it is set up on the floor.

I forgot what it was called...

Haha :P

KKLT can you send me the sheet music for your song on piano? I want to see if I can play it first :)

Gotta go soon, but, LIA, you can take guitar, I'll do piano, or we can alternate. I really don't care and besides, I've got no experience with guitar and mine needs to be taken care of (<_< leaving the guitar in the attic for 10 years...not a good idea, dad).

Are we talking about the harder one or the easier one? :blink: I think both could work...

*sighs* If only we could actually get together and perform it...that would be easier. KKLT, you still up for piano or will that be Lia and me?