Detective Conan World
Stopwatch

Ayumi Kidnapping Case #2 (File 775-777)

Even as Akai he wasn't one for showing much neck. Honestly I wonder if he has some scar or mark there. Maybe burns?

It's highly possible.

Theory 3) (the most likely theory) The criminals weren't after the vase, but what was IN the vase. Had they wanted the vase, they would have just taken it. So what likely happened is this... They saw the video on line, and recognized the vase as something they had hidden something valuable in. When Agasa bought the vase what was in it was probably already taken out, but knowing that they are criminals they probably tried to go in pretending to know the value of the vase and asked to look at it. They realized it was their vase, and determined that what they wanted was no longer there, likely assuming that Agasa took it, or knew who had it (the original seller of the vase) so they tased him and kidnapped who they thought was his granddaughter. Whether or not they saw the reflection is inconsequential. If we assume they had, then perhaps they didn't zoom in and only saw the image of a young girl in the glasses and grabbed the wrong person.

It's likely what was happened.

At first I thought it might be BO's work, because they misinterpreted Ayumi as Haibara since she wore the same clothes as Haibara used in that video. But BO wouldn't do something recklessly like mistaking someone (Actually they ever did it when mistaking Sonoko as Sherry in Movie 5). However, even Ayumi's hair was hooded, her uncovered black hair bangs couldn't be mistaken since Haibara has a brown one. Also, if they were really BO, they're already gone too far for figuring out that Haibara was a shrunken Sherry only with a single look, not to mention they saw her only from the reflection (However, it can be possible since BO isn't an amateur organization, but still-).

Something I have in mind is, Haibara's reflection can't be seen without zooming it. Nah, normally if we're only about to watch video online, we won't notice that vague reflection on the glasses unless we look for certain something there. As for Sera, she noticed it because her detective instinct suddenly worked when noticing something weird, not to mention she maybe has known Haibara Ai long before (From Akai Shuuichi for example if she's really Akai's sister). So far, it's really interesting case. I can't wait for the next update.

that two person in tights(gotta love them) is so not BO. I mean which BO uses stun gun huh?Chianti and Korn loves their snipers, and the car is not Gin's car. And they seem to be looking at Subaru. I can't think of anyone here except for Masumi... wait wait... maybe Eisuke Hondou. But i don't know why Eisuke needs to stun Professor. Crap... Masumi can even use Jeet Kune Do on Professor instead of stun gun so Masumi is out. Another random criminal huh i guess... like the Agasa kidnapping case..(i still don't think Agasa is Anokata).

CRAP!!! I missed this!! When Masumi was talking to Mitsuhiko and Genta, she actually KNOWS where Kudou Shinichi lives!!

and when Sera is looking at the windows, she does seem a little bit like Shinichi :D

When Masumi looked at the window, it didn't give me the impression of someone who is looking for her brother. Even if Subaru is Shuichi (which I'm not really convinced), maybe she mistakes him for someone else (Bourbon).

One thing for sure: Masumi's appearance is not good news. Since seeing her, Subaru anticipated the fact that some strange people would try to capture Haibara, but he didn't thought they would mistake Ayumi for her.

When Masumi looked at the window, it didn't give me the impression of someone who is looking for her brother.

I interpreted her glance as an "Hello, new investigation target, I am going to drag you out into the light, and you can't run or hide from me" look. It's possible she thinks this tenant of Shinichi's might be Akai whom Shinichi allowed to borrow his house. She has the following connections going Akai <--is close with--> Conan <--is close with--> Shinichi, so maybe she thinks Shinichi was also connected with Akai and his disappearance and the FBI just don't know about it.

Since seeing her, Subaru anticipated the fact that some strange people would try to capture Haibara, but he didn't thought they would mistake Ayumi for her.

I don't think he anticipated it, he only just saw the people lurking about. He had a little shock star when he looked over his shoulder, meaning he didn't realize there were people there. So far there isn't any reason to suspect Sera and the shadowpeople are related. Maybe he is more on edge now that Sera is around and poking into things that shouldn't be poked, so he has decided to follow Ai more closely.

I just read the english version of the new release at DCTP.. this story is getting more thrilling ever!

i answered first at random criminals for the week, because i doubt that the BO will be out this time.. i cant get the connection b/w them and the strange antique vase.. but still i cant took them off the scene because of shiho..

as what others said sera doesnt appear often.. id dont know what random reasons must be why she was there aside from being one of the hostages on the past case the detective boys handled.

But.. i am still looking at the possibility that ayumi chan was mistaken by the identity of shiho.. could it be that sera is warning them about the video that's why she appeared? because she is one of the person who noticed shiho's reflection on dr. agasa's glasses on the video??

well.. lets just wait for the next release!! im super excited! and the carpet thing!! i wonder which makes more sense here, is it the vase? or the carpet> ho~ho~ :razz:

I have to say I enjoyed Haibara scolding Genta... sometimes- *slaps forehead* -Genta can be such an idiot... and I'm not just saying that in general... even for his age he's regrettably incompetent!! I'm really curious as to who the people are in the car... It's still to soon to guess for me, I need some of Conan's genius to rub off on me!! >.<

Some ideas

Who ever that was in the car isn't the B.O, but because this was the first B.O reference in a while it got me thinking. We know Ayumi was wearing Haibara's clothing that she used in the video and had the same smell. I doubt it was a kidnapping for Ayumi.If they were ordinary criminals they wouldn't have did a kidnapping and just stun the person they wanted a ransom from, also they would have just taken Agasa's money and belongings. They aren't extraordinary criminals either because they left so much evidence behind. I have the feeling there is a smarter mind behind all of this using basic hired help. This is because they seemed to know the person they were to kidnap from a picture, when they seen Ayumi and smelled her (apparently she has a distinguished smell) In a quick movement took the wrong girl. This still leaves us with the question of who would do this and why? Not quite sure, but we can state this, its someone who doesn't want to get their hands dirty, most than likely they will kill the hired help, and use Ai as some sort of bait to draw someone out, maybe Shinichi or Conan. This person or persons seem to have been investigating them for a while and made his first move.This can lead to something big, but also, it leaves me curious.How much does this person know and what exactly does he or she want to do? Ransom is out of the question. Why is Okyia involved, he has been investigating "the wolves" (possibly scar akai, and Bourbon) so if he has come out it means it has to be connected with his investigations, remember there was another kidnapping case where they took Agasa and wanted a ransom and the DB were captured as well, Okiya showed immediately (almost as if he was expecting this) His fear has finally come true and this schemers plan is in motion. i have a hunch as to who is behind all of this... :cool:

oh yeah as to the vase, not quite sure, but it was moved along with the laptop. If something was in the vase i think Conan would have noticed (on account of him examining it for hours for an appraisal. They may have moved it and put something in it or under it, there is a possibility they would leave something to monitor them with (Conan). Maybe that Vase is still important, maybe the person to show up to appraise it has a connection with the kidnapping? not sure about this though, i will need more evidence to narrow this stuff down

We know Ayumi was wearing Haibara's clothing that she used in the video and had the same smell... This is because they seemed to know the person they were to kidnap from a picture, when they seen Ayumi and smelled her (apparently she has a distinguished smell)

I think how Haibara or Ayumi smell is completely irrelevant. Peoples' senses of smell are not that acute, no human would identify someone based on smell when other senses are available, and (clean) children don't have body odors because they haven't hit puberty making them olfactorily uninteresting.

oh yeah as to the vase, not quite sure, but it was moved along with the laptop. If something was in the vase i think Conan would have noticed (on account of him examining it for hours for an appraisal. They may have moved it and put something in it or under it, there is a possibility they would leave something to monitor them with (Conan). Maybe that Vase is still important, maybe the person to show up to appraise it has a connection with the kidnapping? not sure about this though, i will need more evidence to narrow this stuff down

I think Conan would have noticed something in the vase as well. Assuming the criminals didn't switch the vase, it's possible the real target may have been the rug. Since Conan thinks they willingly wrapped a coffee stained Ayumi up in it, the rug itself probably doesn't have significant monetary value that the criminals know about. It's possible the rug has some other significance though. Perhaps it has hidden bloodstains or the like because it was part of a crime scene and the kidnappers are trying to suppress the evidence?

The items may have relatively little relevance and instead something else prompted the kidnappers to come. I have a really strong hunch that the reason why the kidnappers came has something to do with as of yet unmentioned backstory or piece of information where Haibara was involved. Agasa said he got the items many years ago, but he only got them out of storage recently.

If the criminals bothered to take Ayumi just because she saw their faces, I don't think Gosho would have specifically written a situation to make sure Ayumi was in the same clothes that Ai was wearing when she was filming. Also, because she is in exact outfit Ai was wearing during the film, I think it is pretty clear that whoever did this meant to take the girl on the film specifically, not Ai generally, if that makes sense. Besides the reasons I pointed out in a previous post that this isn't the Org's work, this is additional evidence that it isn't the Org. The Org which knows Shiho's face better than a reflection from a video wouldn't mistake Haibara for Ayumi, even with wet hair and the same clothes. Color usually is altered in reflections, so chances are that the kidnappers didn't realize the reflected girl had auburn hair while the girl they kidnapped has black hair.

Finally, it's hard to tell because he may have dropped the bag in the grocery store, but I just noticed Conan doesn't have the meat he was supposed to get. What was Conan doing then? He could have made an excuse to stop to talk to Okiya, but he was running the opposite direction of the Kudo house.

If Conan wasn't the one who told Okiya to follow Haibara, I suppose Okiya could have been watching Agasa's house entrance in order to know when to follow the Detective Boys. If he had been watching a while, it might explain why Haibara went to grab a hat which she normally doesn't do; she felt uneasy from his gaze. She hadn't found out yet that Sera had been lurking outside Okiya's.

I think how Haibara or Ayumi smell is completely irrelevant. Peoples' senses of smell are not that acute, no human would identify someone based on smell when other senses are available, and (clean) children don't have body odors because they haven't hit puberty making them olfactorily uninteresting.

I think Conan would have noticed something in the vase as well. Assuming the criminals didn't switch the vase, it's possible the real target may have been the rug. Since Conan thinks they willingly wrapped a coffee stained Ayumi up in it, the rug itself probably doesn't have significant monetary value that the criminals know about. It's possible the rug has some other significance though. Perhaps it has hidden bloodstains or the like because it was part of a crime scene and the kidnappers are trying to suppress the evidence?

The items may have relatively little relevance and instead something else prompted the kidnappers to come. I have a really strong hunch that the reason why the kidnappers came has something to do with as of yet unmentioned backstory or piece of information where Haibara was involved. Agasa said he got the items many years ago, but he only got them out of storage recently.

If the criminals bothered to take Ayumi just because she saw their faces, I don't think Gosho would have specifically written a situation to make sure Ayumi was in the same clothes that Ai was wearing when she was filming. Also, because she is in exact outfit Ai was wearing during the film, I think it is pretty clear that whoever did this meant to take the girl on the film specifically, not Ai generally, if that makes sense. Besides the reasons I pointed out in a previous post that this isn't the Org's work, this is additional evidence that it isn't the Org. The Org which knows Shiho's face better than a reflection from a video wouldn't mistake Haibara for Ayumi, even with wet hair and the same clothes. Color usually is altered in reflections, so chances are that the kidnappers didn't realize the reflected girl had auburn hair while the girl they kidnapped has black hair.

Finally, it's hard to tell because he may have dropped the bag in the grocery store, but I just noticed Conan doesn't have the meat he was supposed to get. What was Conan doing then? He could have made an excuse to stop to talk to Okiya, but he was running the opposite direction of the Kudo house.

If Conan wasn't the one who told Okiya to follow Haibara, I suppose Okiya could have been watching Agasa's house entrance in order to know when to follow the Detective Boys. If he had been watching a while, it might explain why Haibara went to grab a hat which she normally doesn't do; she felt uneasy from his gaze. She hadn't found out yet that Sera had been lurking outside Okiya's.

The reason i said the vase may have had some importance still is because they bothered to make sure they placed it down the right way, if i were moving it i wouldn't care if it was sitting up or not. Gosho also takes the time out to point out the smell of Ai, i'm just trying to figure out why. Also i don't think the rug would be significant because they would have simply stunned Ayumi and took the rug. If they didn't want them to think it was about the rug, they could have simply stole some money and other items of worth.Since i doubt it's for a ransom i say the criminals kidnapped based off of a picture, which signified hired help. The B.O obviously wouldn't know who Ai is, but someone else may have that is connected. Vermouth didn't tell anyone when she knew and attempted to capture her, what if our Bourbon did the same? The BO have hired before just to kill the help after it was done (if i recall correctly :blink: ) Okiya wouldn't stick his neck out if he didn't have to. I guess all i'm saying is all the options aren't closed just yet, we will just have to see... :mellow:

I agree on what you think Okiya is doing. As for Conan not speaking to Okiya is interesting. It makes me think he wasn't told to specifically follow this time, and Conan did leave the meat. Also how did Sera know about Ai video in Agasa's glasses! She thought of that pic when her name came up :blink:

If Conan leave meat, he gives another direction, he's bothered to investigate the origin of vase. Could he be go for spot check to find something about the vase and rug from a certain place? Is it the discovery lead him to think more it attract the danger? If Sera give another aura that cause Conan feel uncomfortable, could it be she was send to inspect danger around Conan as a bodyguard?

The reason i said the vase may have had some importance still is because they bothered to make sure they placed it down the right way, if i were moving it i wouldn't care if it was sitting up or not.

That's a good point. Perhaps they switched it? I still doubt anything was in it though because Conan would have seen it.

Gosho also takes the time out to point out the smell of Ai, i'm just trying to figure out why.

It's honestly just Ayumi being cute. Let me reference a movie here.

Also i don't think the rug would be significant because they would have simply stunned Ayumi and took the rug.

It's possible Ayumi may have been targeted for insurance or as a hostage, but as I said above, I think there is more going on here because it is significant Ayumi is wearing Ai's clothes when she was kidnapped, and the info that will make it clear why the girl on the video was kidnapped hasn't been given yet.
Since i doubt it's for a ransom i say the criminals kidnapped based off of a picture, which signified hired help.
I don't think this makes logical sense. Using a movie as a source of information doesn't mean the kidnappers were hired. Rather the kidnappers just got their information about their target off of the movie.

Also how did Sera know about Ai video in Agasa's glasses! She thought of that pic when her name came up.

She has been investigating Agasa. Back in the elephant-fox-rat case, she knew about Agasa without having been told. She probably came across the video while searching Agasa and noticed the reflection. Her thought process probably went like this, she noticed the camera was unsteady meaning it was filmed by hand, Sera realized this, wondered who was shooting, and then looked for reflections to try to figure it out. As for why she is searching Agasa, it's because Agasa is close to Conan and Agasa has helped out the FBI in a few cases. Most notably he was present for Camel's case, and he also drove Jodie around in FBI vs. Org. Conan also mentioned an ojisan acquaintance (Agasa) in front of the entire assembled FBI when discussing the move Rena plan. (Same scene when Akai grabbed Conan's cellphone)

He could have made an excuse to stop to talk to Okiya, but he was running the opposite direction of the Kudo house.

He could have phone Okiya while away from the group. That would prevent Haibara from knowing he told Okiya.

Do you think the the shadow peopel are Jodie and camel/James. Jodie spot Okiya once and may take interest of him (recognize as have met before but don't remember exactly).

though the car doesn't match FBI's car.

My plot at DCTP a while ago

The vase still there, Why?

Did they steal the vase and leave a fake one. In panic Conan and Co won't notice (or don't have the skill to notice in the first place since Agasa has to put it in the internet to ask)

Or Agasa's is a fake one but they think it's real and come to found out it is not. Then they try to use Ayumi to bargain for the real one that they think Agasa hide somewhere? Why don't they take Agasa away himself then. They think Ayumi is Agasa's child and can use her to threaten him.

By saw Ai in Agasa eye they probably think Ayumis is Ai and think they got the right person.

My only theory is far-fetched. But it would be exciting.

What if the two men in tights were members of another Organization?

Let's say the BO is truly looking for immortality. And let's say there is another organization rivaling them in the hunt for the "fountain of youth" (I will call them the White Organization, or the WO, for a lack of a better name). Now, Gin is obviously very intent on finding Shiho, and no matter how much he probably hates the WO for being his rival, he probably mentioned Shiho and his search for her. The WO probably found out what she looked like either through research or through some other BO member. Accidentally, a WO noticed a shape in Agasa's glasses in the video. They blew up the picture and there was chibi Shiho's face, staring straight at them. The WO member (I'm assuming he or she is of a high rank) probably theorized that the BO's Shiho had managed to find the immortality drug and shrink herself to escape the BO's clutches. Now the WO member is smart and decides to kill two birds with one stone. The member thinks that if they manage to capture Shiho, they'll get the immortality drug and have the upper hand over the BO in terms of research, finance, info, etc. So the member orders two lowly members to kidnap her and bring her back to HQ. But, of course, they take the wrong girl.

If this theory is true, then it'll bring forth an entirely new story plot and way of thinking.

I'm pretty sure this is all not going to happen.

I bet it'll be better in a fanfic, but I just wanted to put it out there, just in case.

Let's say the BO is truly looking for immortality. And let's say there is another organization rivaling them in the hunt for the "fountain of youth" (I will call them the White Organization, or the WO, for a lack of a better name). Now, Gin is obviously very intent on finding Shiho, and no matter how much he probably hates the WO for being his rival, he probably mentioned Shiho and his search for her. The WO probably found out what she looked like either through research or through some other BO member. Accidentally, a WO noticed a shape in Agasa's glasses in the video. They blew up the picture and there was chibi Shiho's face, staring straight at them. The WO member (I'm assuming he or she is of a high rank) probably theorized that the BO's Shiho had managed to find the immortality drug and shrink herself to escape the BO's clutches. Now the WO member is smart and decides to kill two birds with one stone. The member thinks that if they manage to capture Shiho, they'll get the immortality drug and have the upper hand over the BO in terms of research, finance, info, etc. So the member orders two lowly members to kidnap her and bring her back to HQ. But, of course, they take the wrong girl.

If this theory is true, then it'll bring forth an entirely new story plot and way of thinking.

I bet it'll be better in a fanfic, but I just wanted to put it out there, just in case.

Hmm... Not bad theory, not at all...

Very interesting theory:

The only problem with this theory in my opinion is that the two orgs would have had interactions and problems, even wars long ago. Being in the same city and all. Its a very interesting idea though. someone had a similar idea about MK org being different from DC's. I disagree with that notion because they would have clashed at one point or another having the same goals and being in the same city. That's just my idea, i could be wrong.

lets say the two shadows WERE in BO. they want to achieve the same goal as anokata. but they had disagreement and so they formed another group to rival BO without BO knowing. but of course some how they manage to escape from BO as they cant just leave BO just like that.

File 776 is out in Chinese everyone!

Okiya is... well, hard to take seriously at this point. He's just too... mysterious? Stalkerish? No Sera at all. Anyway, other than that, Haibara is very cute on the last page, it leaves me with the feeling I've missed something due to the offscreen character development.

Looking forward to the translation though, I don't get the bit with Goro...

Once again, Agasa's house has been bugged. Bad Okiya! I wonder when he did it, or possibly he did so with Conan's help. It explains how he knew to follow the db in the prior chapter though. Now that I think about it, he probably didn't have Agasa's house bugged/wasn't listening in the 252 case which was the second most recent appearance of Okiya. He would have heard the kidnappers kidnapping Agasa and have made his move earlier. Maybe that case was a wake up call that he had to step up his protection.

This case is really confusing without the translation with the cat, Eri, the mystery rug and all. I feel like a jerk for laughing when I found out the criminals had left Ayumi in the garbage area. Are the criminals attempting some sort of lure out gambit so they can re-invade Agasa's house? If so Okiya and his bugs would have heard them coming back.

I think it's pretty certain that the two shadowpeople are going to be random criminals of the week, but no cheating on your votes now.

Once again, Agasa's house has been bugged. Bad Okiya! I wonder when he did it, or possibly he did so with Conan's help. It explains how he knew to follow the db in the prior chapter though. Now that I think about it, he probably didn't have Agasa's house bugged/wasn't listening in the 252 case which was the second most recent appearance of Okiya. He would have heard the kidnappers kidnapping Agasa and have made his move earlier. Maybe that case was a wake up call that he had to step up his protection.

This case is really confusing without the translation with the cat, Eri, the mystery rug and all. I feel like a jerk for laughing when I found out the criminals had left Ayumi in the garbage area. Are the criminals attempting some sort of lure out gambit so they can re-invade Agasa's house? If so Okiya and his bugs would have heard them coming back.

I think it's pretty certain that the two shadowpeople are going to be random criminals of the week, but no cheating on your votes now.

I don't get it either, but...

The criminals could still be part of the "WO" I made up partially because of the fact that we don't know whether or not the WO is particularly violent in nature. The BO goes around killing people, but the WO then again might just be trying to get the potion in as peaceful a way as possible.

Though I am confused by the bug Okiya planted and all those other people mentioned. Also, Eri's cat is randomly thrown in there. The marks on the carpet are just confusing as well. Sera doesn't appear, and none of the people shown look like cold blooded members of a new Org.

Oh well, I guess my theory is null and void...

I think one of the bigger problems at the moment is where Sera's run off to, she wasn't in a single panel this file...

And you reckon after 252? Hm... maybe during the Ramen case, wasn't Agasa's house empty then 'cause everyone was at the place where that murder happened? Of course, Okiya could have just placed it when he was invited into the house at some point, though I don't think this is as likely