|Date of birth:||October 28, 1982|
|Place of birth:||Funabashi, Chiba, Japan|
|Labels:||GIZA Studio (1999–2007) |
Northern Music (2007–present)
Mai Kuraki (倉木麻衣 Kuraki Mai) (born October 28, 1982) is a Japanese pop and R&B singer-songwriter, producer and composer from Funabashi, Chiba. Kuraki debuted in 1999 with the single, "Love, Day After Tomorrow". In 2000, she released her debut album, Delicious Way, which debuted at number-one and sold over 2,210,000 copies in its first week. Kuraki is one of a few female artists in Japan to have their first four studio albums to debut atop of the Oricon album chart.
In 2009, Kuraki saw a revival in her popularity. Her eighth studio album, Touch Me!, debuted atop the Oricon album charts; becoming her first number-one album in five years. Kuraki holds the record for being the only female artist to have all of her singles consecutively debut in the Top 10 since her debut. To date, Kuraki has six number-one albums and two number-one singles.
Song themes in Detective Conan
- Winter Bells - Opening 10 (episodes 259~270)
- Kaze no Lalala - Opening 12 (episodes 306~332)
- Growing of my heart - Opening 16 (episodes 415~424)
- Ichibyōgoto ni Love for you - Opening 23 (episodes 505~514)
- Revive - Opening 25 (episodes 521~529)
- SUMMER TIME GONE - Opening 29 (episodes 583~601)
- TRY AGAIN - Opening 35 (episodes 681~695)
- DYNAMITE - Opening 39 (episodes 757~773)
- Barairo no Jinsei - Opening 49 (episodes 927~940)
- Secret of my heart - Closing 9 (episodes 180~204)
- Start in my life - Closing 11 (episodes 219~232)
- always - Closing 12 (episodes 233~247)
- Shiroi Yuki - Closing 26 (episodes 459~470)
- Tomorrow is the last Time - Closing 36 (episodes 588~601)
- Your Best Friend - Closing 40 (episodes 629~643)
- Koi ni Koishite - Closing 43 (episodes 667~686)
- Muteki na Heart - Closing 48 (episodes 750~762)
- SAWAGE☆LIFE - Closing 52 (episodes 827~842)
- YESTERDAY LOVE - Closing 53 (episodes 843~864)
- Togetsukyō ~Kimi Omou~ - Closing 55 (episodes 876~886)
- Kimi to Koi no Mama de Owarenai Itsumo Yume no Mama ja Irarenai - Closing 59 (episodes 928~???)
- always - Movie 5 (Countdown to Heaven)
- Time after time ~Hana Mau Machi de~ - Movie 7 (Crossroad in the Ancient Capital)
- PUZZLE - Movie 13 (The Raven Chaser)
- Togetsukyō ~Kimi Omou~ - Movie 21 (The Crimson Love Letter)
- She is the current titleholder of the Guinness World Records for the most songs featured in the anime Detective Conan since January 2019 at a number of 23 songs.
In Detective Conan
Mai Kuraki has appeared a number of times in Detective Conan and is part of its universe. She is recognized as a popular idol and singer. She is popular among high school girls and is known by Sonoko and Ran.
She made a cameo in file 293 and episode 238, during the opening of the K3 Restaurant. A her animated likeness can be seen on a billboard in the anime's opening 23, and a photo in ending 53. In The Scarlet School Trip, she appears to be in the same hotel as the four of the Teitan High School main characters (Ran, Sonoko, Sera, and Shinichi) and meets them in the hallway. She thinks they are a double couple since it is Shinichi-Ran and Sonoko-Masumi (she looks like a boy). Her manager seen in that scene isn't the real manager, since the real one is a man named Toshinori Masuda and the president of Being. Afterwards, she runs into Masumi at Kiyomizu Butai. She speaks briefly to Masumi, but decides to say nothing because she is too surprised that Masumi is a girl.