Lawyer Eri Kisaki's Testimony
|Episode 505-506 |
(Int. Episode 552-553)
|Title:||Lawyer Eri Kisaki's Testimony|
|Japanese title:||弁護士妃英理の証言 |
(Bengoshi Kisaki Eri no Shōgen)
|Original airdate:||June 16, 2008 (Part 1) |
June 23, 2008 (Part 2)
|Broadcast rating:||7,90% |
|Manga source:||Volume 59: Files 2-4 (610-612)|
|Cast:||Conan Edogawa |
|Case solved by:||Kogoro Mouri (via Conan)|
|Next Conan's Hint:||Hair (Part 1) |
Scooter (Part 2)
|Episode director:||505 Minoru Tozawa |
506 Koichiro Kuroda
|Animation director:||505 Rei Masunaga |
506 Ho Ryeol Park
|Character Design:||Masatomo Sudo |
Kumiko Shishido (design works)
|Production Cooperation:||506 Azeta Pictures|
|Opening song:||Ichibyōgoto ni Love for you|
|Closing song:||Summer Memories|
|Prev episode:||« Clash of Red and Black|
|Next episode:||The Blind Spot in the Karaoke Box »|
|List of episodes|
Eri Kisaki is getting her hair done by her barber, Minayo Hasaka, prior to having dinner with Kogoro, Ran, and Conan that evening. Kogoro, who was on his way to pick up Eri, finds a dead body at a garbage collection point.
The police arrive and Conan reveals that the victim, Shiro Nagasaku, was killed while receiving a hair cut as evidenced by the hair particles found mixed in his blood. Kogoro suspects Hasaka to be the murderer but Eri counters his accusations stating Hasaka only left her sights for a ten minute period during which Hasaka left to throw away the trash at a local convenience store. Eri states that it would be impossible for Hasaka to carry a body to the bottom of a hill during that time period. During the investigation of Hasaka's salon, Conan notices that the back alley of Hasaka's salon is directly above the garbage collection point and the convenience store is in the opposite direction.
The police confirm that Hasaka was at the convenience store during the ten minute period. Conan notices that there are strange scratch marks on the pole near the convenience store and the guard rail alley directly above the garbage collection point.
Manga to anime changes
- Hasaka is black-haired in the manga.
- The anime adds a scene in Detective Agency where Ran is asking Kogoro to pick up Eri from salon and the TV news about Nagasaku upcoming marriage at the beginning.
- In the manga, Nagasaku's corpse is open-eyed. Also, while the police wonders who of his opponents would have had motives for killing him, Hasaka psichotically smiled, believing to never be suspected. In the anime, he's close-eyed and she manifests her psychotic behaviors later on.
- In the manga it's revealed that Nagasaku and Hasaka were engaged since high school, as well as she has inherited the beauty salon and the scooter from her late father. It's also revealed that she has some assistants, while all of this is never specified in the anime.
- In the anime, Nagasaku's fiancee is seen with him on the TV and later during Hasaka's confession. In the manga, she's seen only in the latter moment, but with no face.
- In the manga Hasaka seems far more deranged, blaming Nagasaku's fiancee not only of making him change his hairstyle, but also of making them fight and break their amorous relationship and forcing him to marry her. In the anime she blames the fiancee only of taking him from her while they were on a break and of changing his hairstyle.
- This is the first episode to use the new art direction and updated character designs by Masatomo Sudo and Junko Yamanaka.
- This episode marks the introduction of the fourth image at the end of "Next Episode" preview. The image features Conan's Glasses and the Voice-Changing Bowtie laying down on a floor, whilst the title is written at the middle of the image.
- Conan uses a white-colored variant of the Voice-Changing Bowtie, which is his spare one.
- Minayo Hasaka's motorcycle is a 1996 Honda Dio 50 ZX.
- Shiro Nagasaku resembles a future character a lot, and esp. in regard to white or Blond hair and dark skin, and even the hair style is kind of similar. The victim did have dark hair at one time, so he was not always a blond, as he is in this case, while the future character was always a blond.
- This is the first time that Eri Kisaki was the alibi witness.
- New "Next Conan's hint" design.
|5:27 - 6:15||ほのぼの||Honobono||Heartwarming||Detective Conan "Countdown to Heaven" Original Soundtrack|
|6:38 - 6:54||ワッツ ハプニング||Wattsu Hapuningu||What's Happening||Detective Conan "Jolly Roger in the Deep Azure" Original Soundtrack|
|7:00 - 7:11||脅迫 （パート２）||Kyōhaku (Pāto 2)||Threat (Part 2)||Detective Conan Original Soundtrack 2|
|8:44 - 10:05||犯人のアジト （忍び込みver.)||Hannin no Ajito (Shinobikomi ver.)||The Culprit's Hideout (Creeping In ver.)||Detective Conan Original Soundtrack 2|
|11:12 - 12:14||推理１||Suiri 1||Deduction 1||Detective Conan Original Soundtrack 2|
|12:28 - 13:29||緊迫||Kinpaku||Tension||Detective Conan Original Soundtrack 2|
|13:50 - 14:38||小五郎の検証||Kogorō no Kenshō||Kogoro's Inspection||Detective Conan "Magician of the Silver Sky" Original Soundtrack|
|16:14 - 16:46||エントランス||Entoransu||Entrance||Detective Conan "Jolly Roger in the Deep Azure" Original Soundtrack|
|16:50 - 17:38||謎解き（その１）||Nazotoki (Sono 1)||Riddle Solution (Part 1)||Detective Conan Original Soundtrack 3|
|17:40 - 18:12||犯人のアジト （いよいよver.）||Hannin no Ajito (Iyoiyo ver.)||The Culprit's Hideout (More and More ver.)||Detective Conan Original Soundtrack 2|
|18:15 - 18:19||エンディング||Endingu||Ending||Detective Conan "Countdown to Heaven" Original Soundtrack|
|18:49 - 19:24||真相究明||Shinsō Kyūmei||Investigating the Truth||Detective Conan "The Fourteenth Target" Original Soundtrack|
|20:06 - 21:29||忍び寄る影||Shinobiyoru Kage||Creeping Shadow||Detective Conan Original Soundtrack 3|
|21:45 - 22:33||犯人（スナイパー）の正体||Hannin (Sunaipā) no Shōtai||The Culprit's (Sniper's) Identity||Detective Conan "Captured in Her Eyes" Original Soundtrack|
|1:55 - 2:04||推理１||Suiri 1||Deduction 1||Detective Conan Original Soundtrack 2|
|2:05 - 2:48||何かが起きる…||Nanika ga Okiru...||Something Happened...||Detective Conan "The Fourteenth Target" Original Soundtrack|
|3:03 - 3:43||犯人のアジト （忍び込みver.)||Hannin no Ajito (Shinobikomi ver.)||The Culprit's Hideout (Creeping In ver.)||Detective Conan Original Soundtrack 2|
|3:58 - 4:11||バカンス気分||Bakansu Kibun||Vacation Feeling||Detective Conan Original Soundtrack 4 ~Isoge! Shōnen Tanteidan~|
|4:28 - 6:54||犯人のアジト （忍び込みver.)||Hannin no Ajito (Shinobikomi ver.)||The Culprit's Hideout (Creeping In ver.)||Detective Conan Original Soundtrack 2|
|7:22 - 7:28||事件現場３||Jiken Genba 3||Scene of the Case 3||Detective Conan Original Soundtrack 2|
|7:37 - 8:20||古城の探索||Kojō no Tansaku||Exploration of the Old Castle||Detective Conan "The Last Wizard of the Century" Original Soundtrack|
|8:32 - 9:08||機上のサスペンス１||Kijō no Sasupensu 1||On-board Suspense 1||Detective Conan "Magician of the Silver Sky" Original Soundtrack|
|9:25 - 10:17||緊迫||Kinpaku||Tension||Detective Conan Original Soundtrack 2|
|11:05 - 11:06||エンディング||Endingu||Ending||Detective Conan "Countdown to Heaven" Original Soundtrack|
|11:16 - 11:54||沈む夕陽１||Shizumu Yūhi 1||Depressing Sunset 1||Detective Conan Original Soundtrack 2|
|12:14 - 13:04||運命の瞬間'07||Unmei no Shunkan '07||Destined Moment '07||Detective Conan TV Original Soundtrack Selection Best|
|13:09 - 13:51||真相究明||Shinsō Kyūmei||Investigating the Truth||Detective Conan "The Fourteenth Target" Original Soundtrack|
|14:14 - 15:40||コナン推理||Konan Suiri||Conan's Deduction||Detective Conan "Countdown to Heaven" Original Soundtrack|
|15:59 - 17:12||殺意||Satsui||Murderous Intent||Detective Conan "The Fourteenth Target" Original Soundtrack|
|17:24 - 18:08||コナンの直感||Konan no Chokkan||Conan's Intuition||Detective Conan "Countdown to Heaven" Original Soundtrack|
|18:24 - 19:18||悪のテーマ１||Aku no Tēma 1||Theme of Evil 1||Detective Conan Original Soundtrack 2|
|19:19 - 19:50||何かが起きる…||Nanika ga Okiru...||Something Happened...||Detective Conan "The Fourteenth Target" Original Soundtrack|
|19:52 - 21:00||驚愕の真実||Kyōgaku no Shinjitsu||Surprising Truth||Detective Conan "Captured in Her Eyes" Original Soundtrack|
|21:20 - 21:37||蘭・愛のテーマ （ギターver.）||Ran・Ai no Tēma (Gitā ver.)||Ran's Love Theme (Guitar ver.)||Detective Conan Original Soundtrack 2|
|23:05 - 23:16||蘭・愛のテーマ||Ran・Ai no Tēma||Ran's Love Theme||Detective Conan Original Soundtrack 1|
|23:25 - 23:57||陽気な仲間||Yōki na Nakama||Cheerful Friends||Detective Conan Original Soundtrack 4 ~Isoge! Shōnen Tanteidan~|
In other languages
|Episodes of Season 17|
|Episode 491 • 492 • 493 • 494 • 495 • 496 • 497 • 498 • 499 • 500 • 501 • 502 • 503 • 504 • 505 • 506 • 507 • 508 • 509 • 510 • 511 • 512 • 513 • 514 • 515 • 516 • 517 • 518 • 519 • 520 • 521 • 522 • 523 • 524 • 525 • 526 • 527|