Detective Conan World
Sign in to follow this  

[SPOILER DISCUSSION] File 945-947 Shuukichi's Envelope Case

You can refer to the bigger images above for better quality,

The person who wrote these names has slanted handwriting

Both the text that looks like Akai, and the text that looks like Haneda are slanted slightly. 

3PE9IO6.jpg

Thanks!  ^_^

So the implication is that, when her husband died (though Gosho's statement on said matter leaves that up in the air), Mary had both Masumi's and Shukichi's surnames changed, and, around the time that he graduated from high school, Mary (and Shuichi, as well, perhaps) decided that Shukichi needed a new surname, for his own safety, while Mary would take Masumi to America (though that was much later on), and either found a married couple with surname Haneda, or just had the names made up (perhaps James played a role in this, in either finding willing participants to this ruse, or even altering records) so it would appear that Shukichi was not related to Mary, Shuichi and Masumi.

Though, if he's writing his real father's name down on a legal document that will be kept for records, then...

Alternatively, Serinox suggested, on DCTP, that Shukichi's envelope doesn't really contain a marriage registration form, since it was Shiho/Ai who suggested that idea, in the first place, and even referred to the idea as "cliché." The manager, if he knew Shukichi well enough (or even less, since Yumi probably doesn't know that much, if anything about Shukichi's family and background) he could fake it.

Instead, then, the old man may give us (and Shinichi/Conan) info about Shukichi's past by the end of the case—if this alternative theory is not so, and there really is a marriage registration form in Shukichi's envelope, then we may have Shinichi/Conan see the "Akai" part, without showing us that he saw that, and the last panel of the last page of File 947 will show us that, indeed, he saw that.

• Upvote 1

File 946: Japanese Text Spoilers

作者の都合により名無しです2016/01/16(土) 17:01:48.13 ID:jGy/e0Hh
20初の弾丸 12発目 純黒メインビジュアル完成! 動くLINEスタンプ初登場 

FILE946 真の夫婦(まことのめおと) 

謎の記号はとっかかりが全くつかめず、棋盤に置いて駒で隠してみることにする 

いつまでも来ない返事に悩む秀吉だが、対局に際しては初志貫徹 
7冠を維持して返事を待つ 

由美は家探ししつつ、秀吉とのエピソードを美和子に話す 
扇子が見つからないと焦る秀吉に 
ほとんど隠れてると思えば見つけやすい、タケノコのだって一部しか見えないし 
と話した件とか 
(名棋士・阪田三吉の名言と被るらしい) 
手が汚れないからとチーズばかり食べてたからチュウ吉と呼び 
見かねてとびっきり美味しいショートケーキを教えたらハマった件とか 
(対局中もケーキを食べるようになりタイトルを取り始めたそうな) 
間に合わないからとミニパトに秀吉を乗せて山梨のホテルまで行き 
お守りを無くしたと焦る秀吉をキスして送り出した件とか 
(そのホテルは七冠最後の一つの試合会場で、持ち時間ギリギリだったとされる) 

探偵団は、解けない暗号に飽きて回り将棋で遊んでる 
部屋が冷えてきたのでコナンが暖房をつけるよう管理人に頼むが 
暖房は壊れてるという 最初に部屋に入ったときはまだ暖かかったのに 
由美も暗号が管理人が考えたものじゃないのではと疑う 暗号はコピーしたもの 
コナンも真っ先に画像撮ってそれ以上調べなかったので油断してたが 
コピー機は部屋にないし、紙が正方形なのも怪しい 
歩美は出目が悪くなってきたらしく、光彦に人生山あり谷ありと慰められてる 
それを聞いたコナンは、暗号が折り紙だと察すると、あるカタカナを発見する 
それはパスワードそのものの数字ではないが、大抵の大人なら見ればわかる 
 「しかも、暗号は今、見せたヤツだけじゃない… 夫婦になってんだぜ?」 
■コナンが語る

Text Spoiler translations by Spimer:

File 946: The real couple

Conan and the group can't figure out the code's trick so they try to place it on the shogi board and cover parts of it with the pieces (my comment: maybe they think that by covering part of the numbers they'll get the 8 numbers they need?)

Shuukichi is feeling doubtful because the reply he expects isn't coming but he keeps his resolution of getting the 7 crowns and waits for the reply as he carries out the game.

Yumi keeps searching her place and talks with Sato about some episode of the past: Shuukichi was nervous because he couldn't find the folding fan and, even though it was pretty hidden, it wasn't hard to find it so Shuukichi said something about bamboo and something like you can only see a piece of it (his words seem to be based on words by a famed Shogi player named Sakata Miyoshi).

She started calling him "Chuukichi" seeing how he never got his hands dirty and was always eating cheese: he got hooked when she taught him about a very irresistible short cake (looks like he also ate cakes when his matches when he began to get the titles): she also talks about that time when they brought him back to the hotel in the patrol car and kissed him because he'd lost his amulet (the hotel was where the match was being held and he managed to get back in time before the waiting time ran out). [File 899-902].

The DBs, on the other hand, have given up on the code for now and are playing with the shogi board: Conan asks the manager if he can turn on the heater because the room's gotten cold but he says it's broken despite that, when they got there, the room was warm: Yumi has also begun to think that the manager didn't think of that code but he copied it from somewhere else.

Conan had taken a photo of it and hadn't investigated any further so he'd lowered the guard but he finds it suspcious that there isn't a copy machine and the paper's square as well. Ayumi's bulging eyes have worsened and Mitsuhiko gets comforted by talking about "life's ups and downs". Conan guesses from his words that the paper's an origami and discovers certain katakana (Katakana: one of the Japanese alphabets, used mainly for foreign words). Those aren't the password's digits but any normal adult would understand what they mean.

"What's more... The code isn't only what we've been shown... It's become a married couple?" or so Conan inwardly thinks.

• Upvote 1

Spoiler pictures for 946 are here: http://ameblo.jp/fuuyuu-xxx-sakurachan/entry-12119582322.html

The shogi rival from before returns. (He's on my Rum watchlist btw)

This solution (scroll to bottom) was solved in real life, photographed, and posted on a Japanese blog: http://marinecolors.blog39.fc2.com/blog-entry-452.html

The shogi rival from before returns. (He's on my Rum watchlist btw)

On mine, as well—I didn't expect him, a man who was just Shukichi's opponent, in 899-902, whom he seemingly defeated easily with very limited time, to land the character keyhole on Volume 85 (I know he could've been, and likely was, there because there was simply no one else to put in the character keyhole).

If he is Rum, his proximity to Shukichi would have quite the cover... I'd say watch for him when Shinichi/Conan and co. head over to the match, in 947, because if he sees Shiho/Ai, developments in subsequent cases may or may not depend on his reaction to that, should it happen.

I don't know if Gosho's going to do in the manga for Movie 20 what he did with it for Movie 18, but we're less than 3 months out—I'd say we'll get 3-4 more cases before the Movie comes out... we'll find out if anything comes of this.

Maybe the Akai mother has been remarried to someone named Haneda after the Akai father's death, and Shukichi has chosen to use the Haneda name, because that way the wrong people who might investigate his past would see that he was the son of a woman named Haneda.

Maybe the Akai mother has been remarried to someone named Haneda after the Akai father's death, and Shukichi has chosen to use the Haneda name, because that way the wrong people who might investigate his past would see that he was the son of a woman named Haneda.

Then Masumi should have the surname "Haneda," as well.

Any proper BO investigation of his past would eventually yield the truth—if he's writing his father's real name, and, thus, revealing his original surname of "Akai," it must be because he has no idea about the BO, or the BO has no idea that Shuichi has a brother (also, only Rei/Tooru and Vermouth seem to know about his sister).

Apologies for double posting.

Houji Haneda was the name two slots below Shinichi's on the APTX list—he's Shukichi's adopted brother.

http://nozomi.2ch.sc/test/read.cgi/ymag/1453071149/298n-

Bash7353's translation of the script spoilers:

The case is solved as it was predicted by the Japanese bloggers. They find the marriage licence and go Shuukichi, but it's too late as he's already lost the game. His brother-in-law or step brother (I would say from the Japanese it could mean either) Houji always said one should stick with one's original plan, so Shuukichi calls of the marriage proposal. Yumi is like "But what if you get all seven titles back?!", but will be at least another year.

Haibara tells Conan that on the list of people that APTX4869 was used on it says "Haneda Houji, death" two names below Shinichi's.

Side note: What on earth happened to Haneda Houji, a key person connected to those guys?

Yay we arrived at this faster than I expected! :D

So Shuukichi loses and calls off the marriage, thanks grandpa :/

Btw why do you think they used the APTX on Houji, and how exactly is Houji related to the Akai's anyway? Also, is Houji dead? Seems like it.

I have a theory.

Maybe the Akai Father was a FBI Agent who was killed on duty. And the Family member except Akai Shuichi (who also became a FBI agent) took the Sera name to avoid BO. And the 'rich friend' of the father (the one who looks after Masumi) was named Haneda, whose relative is Houji. If BO had been threating the rich friend and he refused, they might have killed Houji as revenge for his rejection and as a warning to their other targets, and Shukichi took the Haneda name in honor of Houji or perhaps because he considered the 'rich friend' as a father figure and Houji as a brother.

If Kouji died of the drug, then I don't think Shinichi's visit to America has anything to do with it, because Shinichi was said to be the first victim of the drug, which means that Kouji's death happened after Shinichi shrank.

And another thing we can cleary ruled out Kouji to be Scotch (if there was anyone who had that idea), since he was killed years before Shinichi shrank, during Akai's inflitration of BO.

If Kouji died of the drug, then I don't think Shinichi's visit to America has anything to do with it, because Shinichi was said to be the first victim of the drug, which means that Kouji's death happened after Shinichi shrank.

And another thing we can cleary ruled out Kouji to be Scotch (if there was anyone who had that idea), since he was killed years before Shinichi shrank, during Akai's inflitration of BO.

Shinichi was the first person Gin used APTX 4869 on. Vermouth could still have used it on Koji when he came to America, for whatever reason may be revealed. And when I meant Golden Apple reference, I meant a reference to Vermouth, not Shinichi.

Over at DCTP, Serinox is claiming that the translation says that he died in "America". Not specifically, "New York".

And so it does—my bad. We'll have to wait and see how things pan out with this.

• Upvote 1

So, what about the name of Chuukichi's father? It isn't Akai, is it? It can't be clearly seen in the digital version, but it is shown, when Yumi finds the paper...

So, what about the name of Chuukichi's father? It isn't Akai, is it? It can't be clearly seen in the digital version, but it is shown, when Yumi finds the paper...

Some are saying it could be "Kiritake", but no one seems to be sure yet...

At any rate, Koji Haneda is likely the one who was born with the last name Haneda, and then, at some point, Shukichi became part of the family, and his name changed, accordingly. The "how" and "why" need to be addressed. I would say what happened to Mr. Akai shortly after Masumi's birth (though it's never been established how long it was between her birth and his apparent death—within days/months, or 1-3 years?) had at least something to do with Shukichi's name change, though why it wasn't changed until he graduated high school has yet to be explained.

Here are another theory. I'm not saying that I believe it, but we have to consider possibilities.

Maybe the unknown child is in reality a older half-sister to the Akai-siblings (perhaps the mother's child from a former marriage) and she had been married to Haneda Koji. And at some point they took in Shukichi and let him take the Family name Haneda. Wasn't it said that Koji died in America, and Sera herself has moved from America. Maybe Koji and the 'child' were attacked in America by the organization, and were both fed with the drug. And while Koji died, the wife shrank and escaped.

That's just a theory.

Here are another theory. I'm not saying that I believe it, but we have to consider possibilities.

Maybe the unknown child is in reality a older half-sister to the Akai-siblings (perhaps the mother's child from a former marriage) and she had been married to Haneda Koji. And at some point they took in Shukichi and let him take the Family name Haneda. Wasn't it said that Koji died in America, and Sera herself has moved from America. Maybe Koji and the 'child' were attacked in America by the organization, and were both fed with the drug. And while Koji died, the wife shrank and escaped.

That's just a theory.

Koji's name was on the APTX list when Shiho/Ai and the BO went to check Shinichi's house for the first time—I assume this was not too long after the events of File 1—this means Koji had already been given the drug, at that point. Ran says that it "hasn't been a year" since her visit to the aquarium with Shinichi—which must've been not too long before the events of File 1—and she remembered this in File 882. This likely means 7-10 months (my estimate) passed between the events of File 1 and the events of File 882. Quite some time had passed since then when Masumi arrived enrolled at Teitan High just before the events of File 768. I find it more likely that Masumi and MG would've come to Japan immediately after the latter shrank—waiting nearly a year to approach Shinichi/Conan when Masumi clearly believed Conan was Shinichi from their first meeting doesn't make much sense to me.

• Upvote 1

I don't like how Gosho keeps developing the middle brother/Shuukichi's plot  instead of having a RUM's case to make an approach for movie 20 if it is 'really' going to give hints about RUM.I hope he can make that approach in the next case although it's late