Detective Conan World
Sign in to follow this  
Forever Lost

-

Woah, that's quite impressive. q: You should do that more often! Record yourself reading your own texts I mean, because that was very well told, and I enjoyed listening. :)

Thanks! I have some others, but they're from long chapters and I tend to stumble over words a lot. It's a bit more fun to be able to take some time and read it more accurately to how I felt it should go, which is most possible with one shots.

I don't know how or why or when, but I feel like I'm slowly jumping to the CoAi ship. More fics like this and I'm on :D

Yay!! <3 Makes me feel special for inspiring you one step closer to the CoAi ship :D

Yay!! <3 Makes me feel special for inspiring you one step closer to the CoAi ship :D

Haha, I used to mentally filter out all non-canon ship stories that pop up in FF's archives because I dumbly believed in some "purity" or whatever (OOC-ness everywhere I looked) :P Then I went on a shoujo manga phase and realized just how many awesome non-canon ships and ship-fics are out there (that was a pretty crazy period of time for the fangirl in me....). Your story was the first DC fanfiction I've read in months and months, so the fact that I'm more openminded now plus my own squealing (coughcough) while reading it ended up something like *mindblow*

Haha, I used to mentally filter out all non-canon ship stories that pop up in FF's archives because I dumbly believed in some "purity" or whatever (OOC-ness everywhere I looked) :P Then I went on a shoujo manga phase and realized just how many awesome non-canon ships and ship-fics are out there (that was a pretty crazy period of time for the fangirl in me....). Your story was the first DC fanfiction I've read in months and months, so the fact that I'm more openminded now plus my own squealing (coughcough) while reading it ended up something like *mindblow*

Haha, yeah.... OOC is sadly pretty common in noncanon, but there are some people who write CoAi super well. I tend to write CoAi-ish stuff, but I'm scared to promote my stories too much in the case that they aren't that IC enough and I ruin your beautiful time in this new open-minded fangirl-indulgent place XD Usually poor grammar immediately in the fic is a good sign to just turn around and look for another story so you don't get overwhelmed by the many super OOC stories floating about XD;; (I keep reading that sentence and I'm not sure if that makes sense or not ..)

Haha, yeah.... OOC is sadly pretty common in noncanon, but there are some people who write CoAi super well. I tend to write CoAi-ish stuff, but I'm scared to promote my stories too much in the case that they aren't that IC enough and I ruin your beautiful time in this new open-minded fangirl-indulgent place XD Usually poor grammar immediately in the fic is a good sign to just turn around and look for another story so you don't get overwhelmed by the many super OOC stories floating about XD;; (I keep reading that sentence and I'm not sure if that makes sense or not ..)

Lol, you're fine! And don't be too worried about me—I think I'm here to stay. I've always liked the bits and pieces of canon CoAi scenes floating around the hundreds of episodes anyway, and trust me, I've read too many badly-written fics and OOC dialogue to be easily deterred by it (sad thing is, I actually enjoyed some of them x.x). I doubt yours are among them though xD Poor grammar is definitely a huge turnoff for me. I mean, I get that not everyone was educated in an English-speaking country and not everyone has the experience of being hounded on by their English teachers, but gah. Forget about awkward phrasing (which I can stand to a certain extent), just capitalize. And a few commas (maybe less) might help.

Lol, you're fine! And don't be too worried about me—I think I'm here to stay. I've always liked the bits and pieces of canon CoAi scenes floating around the hundreds of episodes anyway, and trust me, I've read too many badly-written fics and OOC dialogue to be easily deterred by it (sad thing is, I actually enjoyed some of them x.x). I doubt yours are among them though xD Poor grammar is definitely a huge turnoff for me. I mean, I get that not everyone was educated in an English-speaking country and not everyone has the experience of being hounded on by their English teachers, but gah. Forget about awkward phrasing (which I can stand to a certain extent), just capitalize. And a few commas (maybe less) might help.

Yay! Feel free to read some, if you want ;) Yeah, I've secretly enjoyed some poorly-written fics, myself. I guess the thing that kills me the most is bad grammar + extremely unbelievable characters + extremely fast-paced 'plot'. It's .... the thing nightmares are made of for me. But there are some people who, while having a lot of mistakes because of ESL or whatnot, still write well. You just have to piece together what they meant to say every now and then. ^^;

Yay! Feel free to read some, if you want ;) Yeah, I've secretly enjoyed some poorly-written fics, myself. I guess the thing that kills me the most is bad grammar + extremely unbelievable characters + extremely fast-paced 'plot'. It's .... the thing nightmares are made of for me. But there are some people who, while having a lot of mistakes because of ESL or whatnot, still write well. You just have to piece together what they meant to say every now and then. ^^;

I feel the DC fandom is really well off in its fanfic department. It took me a while to learn how to filter the epics from the mehs, but when I did, the archives became a haven -- so much so that I was pretty shocked when I checked out fanfics from other fandoms (Seduction was/is a prime example of guilty reading. Okay writing, but seriously questionable characters). Windfall is a classic and one of my personal favorites, as is another Kid-centric story about what Nakamouri would do if Kid gets hospitalized as a consequence of stepping in front of a bullet for someone. If you couldn't already tell, the Kid corner is where I spent most of my time, haha.