Detective Conan World
Sign in to follow this  
Lightingnanner4

Wrong preview?

I just quickly checked it out and you're right. That's pretty odd. Maybe the episodes 110-111 were re-ordered in the middle of the season airing? It would be interesting to know the exact reason.. mm

That's because of how they are ordered on the DVD's. They are placed out of order on the DVD's, usually because one episode alone could be a two hour special, which in Japan is something which would have its own DVD all to itself.

So, for example, if a DVD has 107, 108, 109, 112, on it, then episode 109 will be edited to show the preview of 112 instead. Most of the episodes from 1 to around the 250's, are from the DVD releases. The original broadcasts have the sponsor plugs still in them, but sometimes those are edited out, so you should still notice from a bad jump cut, and from the message in kanji that says to stay far away from the screen in a nicely lit room.

That's because of how they are ordered on the DVD's. They are placed out of order on the DVD's, usually because one episode alone could be a two hour special, which in Japan is something which would have its own DVD all to itself.

So, for example, if a DVD has 107, 108, 109, 112, on it, then episode 109 will be edited to show the preview of 112 instead. Most of the episodes from 1 to around the 250's, are from the DVD releases. The original broadcasts have the sponsor plugs still in them, but sometimes those are edited out, so you should still notice from a bad jump cut, and from the message in kanji that says to stay far away from the screen in a nicely lit room.

that shouldn't matter for fansubs, which most if not all of these are

[edit] I should read all the way to the end before replying... I didn't realize that earlier eps were from DVD's

[/edit]

Well yeah, the earlier episodes are from DVD's, but the subs are still fansubs. The RAW is merely taken from the DVD version, hence why some episodes have no "watch in a well lit room" message, or sponsor plugs. In fact, any episodes that are before 2009, that are subbed and released today, will more than likely come from a RAW from a DVD, unless a RAW is already available from the original broadcast.

So lyk some of the ep. are two hour specials and they don't tell you or wat? I mean I havn't wached all of seasons yet but there isn't that many two hour specials, or maybe im just not getting all of what your saying.

So lyk some of the ep. are two hour specials and they don't tell you or wat? I mean I havn't wached all of seasons yet but there isn't that many two hour specials, or maybe im just not getting all of what your saying.

no, it's like how on the US DVD release they didn't want to break up the three-episode "Night Baron" case, so they shifted other eps around so that all three would be on the same disc

and for the record, I don't know if you know, but the US release had all the cases split into single episodes, including "Moonlight Sonata" and "Mist Goblin", etc, which aired in Japan as hour-long specials