Detective Conan World
Benno

Am I looking too much into things?

I've just kind of noticed that more and more we see Conan becoming more involved in Cases, Detectives respecting his opinion a little more, gradually more people are let in as to who he is and he is just put in more situations where I guess a young child wouldn't be, for instance he's just hanging out with Ran more and more.

I'm just wondering if maybe you all see this as intentional? Will there be a number of people that find out who he is at an alarming race before he takes down the men in black or w/e ect

If you could just refrain from spoilers, I'm only at episode 300 or so of the anime.

Thanks.

If I recall, a lot of those episodes are filler, so they are just dragging out the cases.

You may notice suspicion arise as you continue watching, which I feel is intentional as the plot progresses.

If I recall, a lot of those episodes are filler, so they are just dragging out the cases.

You may notice suspicion arise as you continue watching, which I feel is intentional as the plot progresses.

I guess I'll have to get through the manga too

Even though it will probably become quite apparent when I catch up with the anime

:|

Hey, I'm only at 400s, but the wiki has told me all. Which I'm kind of glad of. If not for spoilers, I don't think I could've continued DC.

If the people you're noticing are really unimportant characters, then it's most likely blatant filler trying to not waste so much time. Maybe the "Oh, my, isn't this child smart?" is played as a running gag. The only significant incidents are with Takagi, which didn't induce as much plot/character development as one would hope. All in all, I think they're caring less and less about Conan being obvious in his involvements with a case.

Hey, I'm only at 400s, but the wiki has told me all. Which I'm kind of glad of. If not for spoilers, I don't think I could've continued DC.

If the people you're noticing are really unimportant characters, then it's most likely blatant filler trying to not waste so much time. Maybe the "Oh, my, isn't this child smart?" is played as a running gag. The only significant incidents are with Takagi, which didn't induce as much plot/character development as one would hope. All in all, I think they're caring less and less about Conan being obvious in his involvements with a case.

Well, it can't be helped, with him being the main character and all. Mains don't work in the backgrounds, an obvious rule in any show.

Well, it can't be helped, with him being the main character and all. Mains don't work in the backgrounds, an obvious rule in any show.

I honestly would prefer he go back into the background. I mean, he did it in the beginning (sorta), and if he ever became a full-on puppet master of the police, that'd just be plain cool.

Well, if I saw this 7 year old kid solving numerous cases without fail, I'd become more suspicious.

It seems that Gosho has made most of the adults less wary of Conan in order to focus on the detective aspect of the show rather than the fact that a 7 year old kid is solving them. I'm not a huge fan of this since I liked the humor that was created from his involvement, but I guess this could also be seen as plot advancement. Eventually, when everyone finds out that Conan is Shinichi, the shock factor won't be as strong for characters like Takagi or Kogoro. This probably has something to do with the progression of taking down the Organization but I see it as a good way to reduce the number of facepalms that would occur in the audience after Conan's identity is revealed.

Well, if I saw this 7 year old kid solving numerous cases without fail, I'd become more suspicious.

It seems that Gosho has made most of the adults less wary of Conan in order to focus on the detective aspect of the show rather than the fact that a 7 year old kid is solving them. I'm not a huge fan of this since I liked the humor that was created from his involvement, but I guess this could also be seen as plot advancement. Eventually, when everyone finds out that Conan is Shinichi, the shock factor won't be as strong for characters like Takagi or Kogoro. This probably has something to do with the progression of taking down the Organization but I see it as a good way to reduce the number of facepalms that would occur in the audience after Conan's identity is revealed.

Damn I think it would be brilliant seeing some massive "WHOA" moment from Kogoro

Damn I think it would be brilliant seeing some massive "WHOA" moment from Kogoro

I actually disagree, one of my biggest wishes, which would make me respect kogorou a little more, is if he, at latest, by the start of the last climax, figures out his identity (probably by an huge accidental let out on conan's end). And then like heiji once deduced, rather than putting him to sleep he'll basically give out the answer to kogorou during cases....which in turn will develop their relationship to point where he has no objections giving his daughter to him!!

Thinking about kogoro...

getting involved in the BO cases(for real this time) gets me hyped up, just thinking about it makes me wonder what gin will notice and act like(since he's already suspicious of him)

• Upvote 3

I actually disagree, one of my biggest wishes, which would make me respect kogorou a little more, is if he, at latest, by the start of the last climax, figures out his identity (probably by an huge accidental let out on conan's end). And then like heiji once deduced, rather than putting him to sleep he'll basically give out the answer to kogorou during cases....which in turn will develop their relationship to point where he has no objections giving his daughter to him!! Thinking about kogoro...

getting involved in the BO cases(for real this time) gets me hyped up, just thinking about it makes me wonder what gin will notice and act like(since he's already suspicious of him)

I agree with you. Kogorou is sharp when he is seriously thinking into it and is not as 'stupid' as many said.

Though I love his character which bring a little 'sillyness' to the cases and humour, I still think he should (as you said) figures out the identity of Conan.

Exactly, I also thought of that. I'm actually around 730 now and they are becoming more and more suspicious of his identity. But even so, I still think that it's weird as some members knew the identity but they did nothing about it (in a sense). I thought that BO once get the person they are looking for, they will immediately eliminate them and evidence of their existence, along with close ones. But I see that they keep Conan and Haibara alive, I don't know why. 

Exactly, I also thought of that. I'm actually around 730 now and they are becoming more and more suspicious of his identity. But even so, I still think that it's weird as some members knew the identity but they did nothing about it (in a sense). I thought that BO once get the person they are looking for, they will immediately eliminate them and evidence of their existence, along with close ones. But I see that they keep Conan and Haibara alive, I don't know why. 

From the Org, only Vermouth knows their identity and it was made pretty clear in the climax of the Vermouth storyline, that she has no intention of telling them.

From the Org, only Vermouth knows their identity and it was made pretty clear in the climax of the Vermouth storyline, that she has no intention of telling them.

Haibara's sister and Irish also from the Org that know the identity of Shinichi. But the only one alive that knows his identity is Vermouth. Why doesn't she? I mean, not want to tell the org. about them?

She was determined to kill Sherry in episode 701-704 (The train case). 

Burbon is very near to discover his identity too

Haibara's sister and Irish also from the Org that know the identity of Shinichi. But the only one alive that knows his identity is Vermouth. Why doesn't she? I mean, not want to tell the org. about them?

She was determined to kill Sherry in episode 701-704 (The train case). 

Burbon is very near to discover his identity too

Yes, she wants to kill Sherry, but in the conversation between Yukiko and Vermouth it is made very clear, that Vermouth doesn't wish the Org to learn about the whole shrinking thing regardless of whether or not she wants to see Sherry dead. The reason for that is not clear yet, it's probably connected to the whole not aging thing of Vermouth.

Bourbon isn't "very near to discover his identity". Bourbon knows Conan is smart, but that's about it, he never made a connection between Conan and Shinichi nor would he ever think about people being able to shrink.

Irish is a character from a movie—all DC movies are non-canon, so it doesn't matter.

I didn't know that DC movies are non-canon.

There are too much Org. members. some just appear once and die.

Yes, she wants to kill Sherry, but in the conversation between Yukiko and Vermouth it is made very clear, that Vermouth doesn't wish the Org to learn about the whole shrinking thing regardless of whether or not she wants to see Sherry dead. The reason for that is not clear yet, it's probably connected to the whole not aging thing of Vermouth.

Bourbon isn't "very near to discover his identity". Bourbon knows Conan is smart, but that's about it, he never made a connection between Conan and Shinichi nor would he ever think about people being able to shrink.

I agree with you, there are a lot of black spot in the meaning behind each one's action. Vermouth is one of my favourite BO character. Though being on the BO team, I quite appreciate the fact that she doesn't want the org. to know about the shrinking things. 

Bourbon is quite mysterious in a way. He make me think about Vermouth in a way, like he will 'side' with Shin'ichi, kind of.

Though I was not so fan of him at first, I am quite fond of him. I will see in the following episodes, how he behaves. :D

Mods say: Please don't double post. Edit your previous post to add a new quote or use the multiquote feature

I didn't know that DC movies are non-canon.

There are too much Org. members. some just appear once and die.

I agree with you, there are a lot of black spot in the meaning behind each one's action. Vermouth is one of my favourite BO character. Though being on the BO team, I quite appreciate the fact that she doesn't want the org. to know about the shrinking things. 

Bourbon is quite mysterious in a way. He make me think about Vermouth in a way, like he will 'side' with Shin'ichi, kind of.

Though I was not so fan of him at first, I am quite fond of him. I will see in the following episodes, how he behaves. :D

Mods say: Please don't double post. Edit your previous post to add a new quote or use the multiquote feature

I know right :D

I'm also a fan of Vermouth, though her being in BO.  :) I also like the fact that she 'helps' to hide Conan's identity in a sense  :D

Bourbon, I hated him in a way where he nearly expose everything. But I kind of love him now  :lol:

Knowing he is in SP and all  :blush:  :blush:

The only fact I don't really like about him is that he nearly let BO knows that Akai Shuichi is alive just to gain their trust. Though being a good strategy, I hated it since I like Akai  :D  :P I'm actually on episode 787 , how about you? I'm not really in a hurry to watch the episodes since it does not extent 815  :blush: I don't want to wait for other episode to come out, so, I will watch the episode VERY slowly.so that other episode has the time to come out  :D  :D

Mods say: I have no idea what to do about a double post where someone replies to their own comment while thinking someone else wrote it.

Heiji.Kudo, please don't reply to this comment.

That's mainly because Conan knows a secret of hers.

That's mainly because Conan knows a secret of hers.

This is also because she has a soft spot for him, and if she told the BO, now, about all this, after lying in the first place—including the fact that she knows that Shiho's/Ai's death was faked—she'd get in big trouble.