Detective Conan World
DetectiveConanfan

Conan's identity

err.. only if he was taking them out from the inside, and the FBI backed him up... oh and Ai backed him up... but i think they would kill them both

A strange fact is that Kogoro Mouri once began to suspecting Conan to hide things but after it was Ran and never again Kogoro who suspects something.

For the other characters, Takagi seems to know there's more than meet the eye about Conan, and sometimes Mitsuhiko seems to suspect there is "something" strange about Conan and Ai.

A strange fact is that Kogoro Mouri once began to suspecting Conan to hide things but after it was Ran and never again Kogoro who suspects something.

For the other characters, Takagi seems to know there's more than meet the eye about Conan, and sometimes Mitsuhiko seems to suspect there is "something" strange about Conan and Ai.

He is just jealous of that unbeatable pairing... not a big deal.

That is really possible... Or maybe Yusaku have secretly told his friends in interpol about it.

maybe.. but, i think he only told to his closest friends that can be trusted..

too risky to tell everyone..

Yep... cause I believe that this syndicate is a big one.... big enough until a world known American actor, Vineyard, is in it and FBI+CIA are dying to catch them. So, I believe that there are more American/non-Japanese members.

Yep... cause I believe that this syndicate is a big one.... big enough until a world known American actor, Vineyard, is in it and FBI+CIA are dying to catch them. So, I believe that there are more American/non-Japanese members.

CIA is try first destiny this group.Astushi is try destiny this but fall.Astushi is now a new group beat them.

yeah, if American actress can be member of this syndicate, it isn't impossible that there a member too inside FBI/CIA..

As you said kaito Kid knows Conan's true identity. And this IS canon. This information was decided for the 3rd movie by Aoyama himself.

Source: Conan 10 years cinema guide p 160

"How did Kid discover Conan's true identity?"

Aoyama just answered: "he searched!"

As you said kaito Kid knows Conan's true identity. And this IS canon. This information was decided for the 3rd movie by Aoyama himself.

are you absolutely certain 'bout this?

But it's not canon for the manga. The manga and movie canon are different. There are no hints in the manga that Kaito Kid knows Conan is Shinichi; sure Kaito Kid knows Conan is abnormally smart and probably knows about the bowtie, but that doesn't doesn't mean Kaito Kid thinks Conan is a shrunken someone instead of a child prodigy. As proof, compare how Kaito Kid in the movies behaves versus the manga. In the movies, Kaito Kid teases Conan about being Shinichi frequently. The beginning of Movie 8 is a perfect example. In the manga there is no such "Shinichi teasing", only the regular generic sort.

Additionally, I would think it's strange for Kaito to suspect something was amiss with Conan's identity, although I wouldn't be surprised if he is wondering what is up with Conan. If we are going to be rigorous, all the evidence that Kaito can use to deduce Conan's identity must have come from the cases that occurred before the third movie chronologically when it was first shown that Kaito Kid knows. Movie three came out into theaters April 17, 1999. The plot of the movie was probably decided a year before. Only three (I assume) cases with Kaito had appeared in the manga before the screen time: Kaito Kid on a boat (156-159), The Meeting of Magicians in the snowy cabin (192-196), and I am going to guess the Magic Kaito Clocktower meeting. That's not much interaction time with Conan for Kid to base deductions off of.

For Kaito Kid to realize Conan and Shinichi are the same person he needs to make four observations and connect the dots.

#1: Conan is not like a normal Kid - I believe Kaito figured this out the first time he met Conan on the roof of the Haido City hotel. By the end of the meeting of the magicians, I'm sure he is impressed with Conan's deductive abilities.

#2: Kudo Shinichi went missing the same time Conan appeared. - First off, does Kaito Kid even care that much about Shinichi? Shinichi only showed up at one of Kaito's heists, so it's not like Shinichi was ever a regular concern like Hakuba or Inspector Nakamori. In other words, Shinichi should be low on Kaito's interest list; would Kid even notice that Shinichi has been out of the papers recently and if so, does he care since they only met once previously? Also, even if he noticed that Shinichi disappeared around the same time Kogoro began to hit the papers, it's not like Conan's presence was published along with it. Kid would have to hammer down that Conan didn't appear before or after Kogoro started hitting the stands. Eisuke managed to figure this out, so it isn't impossible; however, Eisuke had an extremely strong motivating interest to closely examine the goings on of the detective agency that Kaito Kid does not have: Rena's disappearance after Kogoro met with her.

Additionally, Shinichi has appeared at least once in person at a case before the third movie and has tricked Ran into believing Shinichi and Conan are two separate people as well. Since then, Conan has constructed even more elaborate tricks to solidify the identity alibi. In effect, every other character acts like Shinichi is out on a tough case, so if Kaito probed and discovered this, why would he suspect that it is not the truth when it is the most obvious thing to assume when Kaito did not witness any of the events and thus has no clues about how Conan managed to create the illusion that Conan and Shinichi exist simultaneously? Even if Kaito began to suspect that a case was not the thing holding up Shinichi, the next most logical thing would be that Kudo got into some trouble and is in hiding. In short, there isn't a good reason for Kaito to conclude Shinichi is gone when there are more reasonable hypotheses, especially when the motivation to go deeper isn't there.

#3: Conan and Shinichi are a lot alike. - This is going to be difficult for Kaito who had never met Shinichi personally and thus will not have anyone to compare Conan to. On the personality side, Kaito Kid didn't even get the chance to acquaint himself with Shinichi's deduction style at the clocktower heist because he wasn't listening directly to Shinichi making deductions or giving orders, only watching how the police seemed to do a very good job of tracking him. As for physical details, he may notice how Conan and Shinichi look alike if he remembers Shinichi's face from older papers (if he cared enough about Shinichi to notice in the first place), but Conan is supposed to be related to Shinichi so it is also reasonable to assume they are coincidentally similar looking.

#4: Shinichi somehow de-aged and turned into Conan - It definitely requires some imagination to even suspect something like this happened. Eisuke came to this conclusion but decided not to puzzle out how it happened but assumed it did based on his strong convictions about 1-3 above. I suppose if Kaito Kid believes in the Pandora thing which probably isn't canon to DC, then he might accept that Shinichi shrank into Conan, but it would have to be a least preferred logical conclusion.

But it's not canon for the manga. The manga and movie canon are different.

I don't mind you disagree but I would like to know what is your source for this sentence.

Gosho gives some information for the movies but never said movies are different from his universe in the interviews or something.

He said the Kid of DC is different from the Kid of MK for example. But he never denied the informations he gave in the movies and I'm sure I've read some reference about the background element he gave in some other data books like the SDB which talk only about the manga.

Actually all the movie stories aren't canon but Gosho only decides some details in them. So that may be a personal opinion but I can't forget some informations the author himself gave.

I don't mind you disagree but I would like to know what is your source for this sentence.

Gosho gives some information for the movies but never said movies are different from his universe in the interviews or something.

I'll ask Abs., but you can tell by the lack of effects the movies have on the manga. It is like the movies never happened. Take the Raven chaser. Tokyo met and the government would be hot on the Black Org's arse after what they did to the Tokyo tower. You can't fly a military helicopter into the middle of Tokyo and not have it noticed and not have someone try to figure out where and how they got it. If it were canon, the entire police department would be all over it as their officers were attacked. I'm sure the investigation would have been mentioned. It's totally off Black Org MO anyway as they usually shoot for subtlety.

Another example is the 6th movie. Sentient computers. Virtual reality pods. Need I say more?

Some things from the movies do trickle down to the manga and I would believe that Gosho intended things like Hattori's first meeting with Kazuha to be canon, but my opinion is that it is better to assume they are unconfirmed until explicitly mentioned in the manga.

It will never be confirmed in the manga because it's an original information from the movie. A bonus.

You can't fly a military helicopter into the middle of Tokyo and not have it noticed and not have someone try to figure out where and how they got it.

Ok but that doesn't make any sense for me because I don't believe people can become younger after taking a pill. Impossible/forbidden things don't mean they are non canon.

But anyway, these examples you said aren't canon (yes, even for me) because they are not an idea from Gosho. That doesn't change the fact you have some other points he decided as background points for his universe.

It will never be confirmed in the manga because it's an original information from the movie. A bonus.

Ok but that doesn't make any sense for me because I don't believe people can become younger after taking a pill. Impossible/forbidden things don't mean they are non canon.

But anyway, these examples you said aren't canon (yes, even for me) because they are not an idea from Gosho. That doesn't change the fact you have some other points he decided as background points for his universe.

I think we both seem to be agreeing that some points from the movies are probably canon. I can agree with that. It's just figuring out which ones are and which ones aren't. My position is to assume the manga trumps all, and Kaito Kid in the manga doesn't seem to know Conan's identity.

Ok, and what about that: in the Super Digest Book 10+ ( a data book of the manga ONLY) , p201

Question 35: キッドはなぜコナンの正体を知ってるの?

Gosho answered again: 調べたんでしょう。

I imagined that if Kid didn't know Conan's identity, Aoyama would have said something like "コナンの正体を知ってたっけ?” But he answered (for the second time in an official book) Kid (may have) searched the information.

So for me, Kid knows Conan identity in the universe of Gosho.

Ok, and what about that: in the Super Digest Book 10+ ( a data book of the manga ONLY) , p201

Question 35: キッドはなぜコナンの正体を知ってるの?

Gosho answered again: 調べたんでしょう。

I imagined that if Kid didn't know Conan's identity, Aoyama would have said something like "コナンの正体を知ってたっけ?” But he answered (for the second time in an official book) Kid (may have) searched the information.

So for me, Kid knows Conan identity in the universe of Gosho.

I agree, i think Kid knows Conan's identity.

I've always found it strange that Ran suspects. Let's say your best friend did that I mean it's not natural to shrink, it would never enter your mind to think hey is this little kid my best friend unless he went up and told you hey dude I shrunk. But if he's trying to hide it then there's no reason even for a second for Ran to believe that Shinichi is a kid. It would be easier for her to think hey that kids a lot like Shinichi when he was a kid. It's like if I thought man my friend is weird I never see him on a full moon and he goes on and on about eating children, wouldn't it be easier to think he's a psycho who eats children on the full moon rather than believe he's a werewolf. I guess what I'm saying is if you hear hoof-steps it's probably a horse not a unicorn.

Though I firmly believe that Ran knows that Shinichi is Conan, but because it's so strange and because she doesn't want to, she doesn't believe it.