Detective Conan World
MelloLily

Lupin III vs Detective Conan Feeling Accomplished!

For all you people who were waiting for Lupin III vs Detective Conan: movie to be subbed, HubukiSubs has finally got it out.  And why I feel accomplished on this?  I am an editor for HubukiSubs :)

And because I saw this movie, I was able to add the movie to Heiji Hattori's list :P

So for those who have seen the movie, what are your thoughts?  Starting a conversation on this movie.

^ I'm guessing you also helped, MelloLily-senpai ^.^ Arigato! 

Hmm... I'd say it's a good movie overall, but for some reason I can't place it exactly on my 'favourite movies' list. It was much more comical than the usual DC and I guess sometimes, some characters can be OOC... Overall it was really quite nice- at least it had plot (although I couldn't really figure it out), so I'd say it was quite confusing. The graphics were great though ^.^ I also noticed the banner that said 2013 in the movie, so I'm guessing the 'floating timeline' thing didn't quite fit into the picture. 

I especially enjoyed the 'papa' part :P

But that's just my opinion ^.^

Yeah, I helped.  I watched it two times to check for errors (found five) about 30 hours before it was released.  Before that, I helped with editing grammar on a Google doc.  I'll admit, it becomes confusing to edit a script when not seeing the movie first.  But not knowing Japanese, I wanted to save the pleasure of watching it until I could read subs.

I think a reason it was so comical was because Lupin III is comical.  I feel like they wanted to keep that comedy style, since the movie is more based around Detective Conan... so they wanted to add more of a Lupin III feeling (if that made sense) in my opinion.

As for the confusion, did you see the original Lupin III vs. Detective Conan: Special (2009)?  If not, that might be why it was confusing... especially the part of "how does Lupin know Conan's real identity?"  I watched the two specials/movies back to back so I would not be confused.

As for the "papa" part, that is a joke referring to the original Lupin III series.

Wow. You must know a lot, more than my level anyway ^.^ Arigato again!

So maybe I failed my languages test...

English is my favorite and best subject, but I am no expert either.  I just enjoy it, enough to help with some errors.  Looking back, I actually noticed more errors in the video.  In any case, the more eyes to look at it, the better I think it will be, so I am just another set of eyes.  We have about 3-4 people who look for grammar issues and about 5-6 people total on the project.

Thank you for your help in making it come about :)

As someone who is in love with the characters more than the plot, this was an awesome movie. I guess it was akin to watching a well-written fanfiction come to life (because of all the randomness). The rest is going in a spoiler box for those who haven't seen it yet.

BAHAHAHAHAHA okay, so I applaud them for including Haibara this time. Haibara is sooo much better for use than just someone to do some research while Conan has all the fun. I guess we just have to conclude that while Haibara was Sherry, she knew of the motorcycle lady (forgot her name). But how she knew that she was Sherry is beyond me.. Clearly they couldn't have known each other if she was asking what about her size when she was an adult. Kudos to Haibara for not falling for the trap o.o'' But I wanted to punch that lady when she said Haibara was a master at betrayal, since that's the thing that probably haunts her the most. Her retribution comes at the end, though, and Lupin III and I were laughing together in harmony~ Sherry had a Harley?! I think they had a little too much fun with that.. I guess we never see too much of Haibara's bad-girl-ness and she's so loaded with regret about the past, I doubt she'd go on about having a Harley. Vermouth is into motorcycles, too o.o''

The reason it feels like a fanfiction is because logic was very nearly completely thrown out the window just to mess with the characters. Everyone's all "Oh Haibara's with that lady, okay, cool!" There were so many 'what the...?" moments that I about died, but taking it at a comedic break from DC's overall seriousness made it enjoyable. Loved almost all the interaction, probably scared my neighbors half to death with all the screaming from random moments. (Such as Jodie!! Her voice actor's English is improving ~) I just think that 99% of it was purely illogical, especially how most of the characters meet up. I just want some sort of explanation for how Haibara is suddenly picked out as Sherry and a necessity for that lady to have with her. She figured out the APTX thing, probably somewhat from Conan and that revelation, but then ... IT JUST .. no logic.

But it's okay. Because Haibara was driving a motorcycle like a pro and totally showed everyone up. I just wish she was a bit more involved.. Although, even in DC-only movies people don't seem concerned about hiding her identity as a non-child. Like, Oh, Haibara's a scientist with a lab in the car doing awesome stuff, don't mind, don't mind. ?!?! Everyone just kinda accepts that Haibara does crazy stuff without batting an eye then they're all Conan-worshipping "Who are you, exactly?" But alkgjs;lkdfj;SLDH That just bothers me..

(And then Hattori shows up outta nowhere, though I guess it makes sense enough if they're in Osaka, but stiiiilllllll)

((Might I mention, I enjoyed them showcasing Satou-keiji's awesomeness. It was nice :)))

Anyway~