Detective Conan World
Ocean97

FBI and CIA?

Hi, I'd just like to ask your opinion, why do you think both the FBI and CIA are separately involved with the Black Organization? I mean,wouldn't it have been easier for Goshi to just bring in one, instead of both of them into the story? And wouldn't they coordinate with each other,being intelligence agencies for the same government?

FBI and CIA do not cooporate that well to begin with.

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/CIAEvilFBIGood

There're rivalry between them, in fiction and real life.

Why wouldn't Gosho just bring one?. He did bring only FBI first, but CIA involvement was necessary to the KIr arc. Conan and FBI must not know Kir is an agent, But they will if she is a FBI.

• Upvote 1

I didn't know they were rivals in real life as well. Thanks! :) That explains the mixing up, I guess...I wonder of Japanese law enforcement knows what's going on?

They are only sort of rivals in real life. The previous real-life rivalry had more to do with certain personalities that headed the respective groups not getting along well.

Back in DCworld, the Japanese law enforcement seem to have no idea what the Black Organization is doing or if they even exist, but that may change with time.

• Upvote 4

Back in DCworld, the Japanese law enforcement seem to have no idea what the Black Organization is doing or if they even exist, but that may change with time.

Wait, but some people may turn a blind eye to it, because they might be worried for their lives, right? But I don't think Sato, Takagi, Megure would do that.... Maybe Shiratori, because he was afraid to shoot a gun in The Fourteenth Target. (But it wasn't considered canon, so I don't know....?)

Wait, but some people may turn a blind eye to it, because they might be worried for their lives, right? But I don't think Sato, Takagi, Megure would do that.... Maybe Shiratori, because he was afraid to shoot a gun in The Fourteenth Target. (But it wasn't considered canon, so I don't know....?)

I don't think any of the police we have seen know about the Black Organization. Megure seemed very surprised and confused when Conan, using Kogoro's voice, asked Hideaki Nakajima about the Organization he was trying to make a trade with at the game exhibition. The police couldn’t find out who blew up the cocktail bar either. The police also made no headway with the lady who nearly was blown up on the shinkansen after making a trade with Gin and Vodka. Megure also seemed very confused when he called Shinichi after Pisco was killed, his house burned down, and his family disappeared. In short, the police see only the faint ripples on the surface, not yet realizing they were made by a giant black shark.

I don't think any of the police we have seen know about the Black Organization. Megure seemed very surprised and confused when Conan, using Kogoro's voice, asked Hideaki Nakajima about the Organization he was trying to make a trade with at the game exhibition. The police couldn’t find out who blew up the cocktail bar either. The police also made no headway with the lady who nearly was blown up on the shinkansen after making a trade with Gin and Vodka. Megure also seemed very confused when he called Shinichi after Pisco was killed, his house burned down, and his family disappeared. In short, the police see only the faint ripples on the surface, not yet realizing they were made by a giant black shark.

So.... Do you think they got confused about Akemi Miyano's death too? But they would eventually piece the facts together and eventually figure out that something like the BO actually exist. How do you think they will deal with it?

So.... Do you think they got confused about Akemi Miyano's death too? But they would eventually piece the facts together and eventually figure out that something like the BO actually exist. How do you think they will deal with it?

Based on the way the plot is going, the police won't find out about the BO until the end of the story. Gosho wants to make Shinichi the hero who drags the Organization into the light and takes them down. The police would "steal" Shinichi's glory if they knew about the BO because they would definitely try to go after the Organization. :P

Based on the way the plot is going, the police won't find out about the BO until the end of the story. Gosho wants to make Shinichi the hero who drags the Organization into the light and takes them down. The police would "steal" Shinichi's glory if they knew about the BO because they would definitely try to go after the Organization. :P

Haha, I see.... Thank you so much.... I can't believe that was so obvious... -_-". Too bad there are so many fillers, I actually lost track of what was going on, but at least the manga is still continuing with bits and pieces about Amuro/Bourbon..... ^_^

And that it would involve lots of character deaths. Gosho doesn't kill off major characters....does he? :)

And that it would involve lots of character deaths. Gosho doesn't kill off major characters....does he? :)

According to the DCW Podcast.... They said that they think that Gosho would probably kill off an important character.... The questioning WHO....? *cue dramatic music*

THe FBI kept tabs on the Black organization for a long time. To track it and bring it down like Conan. The CIA is where Kir/ Mizunashi Rena/ Hondou Hidemi and Ethan Hondou(American) and will be Hindou Eisuke, figured out the exsistence of the Black organization and infiltrated it, rather than keep tabs like the FBI. Well they're more cautious. Conan helped out the FBI, and the CIA on account of Hondou Hidemi.

Since the revelation about the FBI and CIA investigating the Black Organization, there is something that has always been bugging me.  Why is it that the two biggest investigative agencies in America know about them but since the BO operates mainly in Japan, why is it the Japanese police do not know about them?  And I think Conan hasn't told the police officers he's met about them in specific terms is due to preserving their safety.  Conan knows a lot of police officers and if he tells them and start investigating then there could be a chance they would be found out and killed, with a chance it could lead back to Conan.

Although I would like to see Interpol's involvement in the BO investigation, if someone from Interpol shows up in that investigation it would show how dangerous and serious the Organization is.

Since the revelation about the FBI and CIA investigating the Black Organization, there is something that has always been bugging me.  Why is it that the two biggest investigative agencies in America know about them but since the BO operates mainly in Japan, why is it the Japanese police do not know about them?  And I think Conan hasn't told the police officers he's met about them in specific terms is due to preserving their safety.  Conan knows a lot of police officers and if he tells them and start investigating then there could be a chance they would be found out and killed, with a chance it could lead back to Conan.

Although I would like to see Interpol's involvement in the BO investigation, if someone from Interpol shows up in that investigation it would show how dangerous and serious the Organization is.

Maybe it would shame the United States intelligence/law enforcement communities if certain knowledge about the Black Organization came to light? If so, the US orgs might prefer to defeat the Black Organization without Japan or anyone else knowing. Or maybe more nefariously whoever is the head of personnel directing the efforts against the BO in the US is interested in obtaining research secrets from them without any other countries getting them first?

Maybe it would shame the United States intelligence/law enforcement communities if certain knowledge about the Black Organization came to light? If so, the US orgs might prefer to defeat the Black Organization without Japan or anyone else knowing. Or maybe more nefariously whoever is the head of personnel directing the efforts against the BO in the US is interested in research secrets from them without any other countries getting them first?

I have thought about that and another thought.  What if Anokata is really a high ranking member of the American government or has some ties to the government? Similar to Professor Moriarty, Holmes' nemesis.  I guess you can say Anokata is the DC equivalent of Moriarty.