Detective Conan World
Napshot64

Why does Ran/Rachel STILL scream?

This is not normal. It's been over 600 episodes, yet she still screams every time a dead body falls to the ground. If I were her, I'd say something like:

"You dead?

Well, I'll call the police...

after I get a cup of coffee..."

It's probably a girl thing that they want her to play up..

The way I see it, the writer doesn't want this caring and frightened girl element of hers to go away. The damsel in distress should get rescued by her knight in shining armor after all, which, in this case, is Shinichi. If and when she would be saved and swept off her feet remains to be seen.

Also, it just contrasts her more with Ai and, perhaps, Ayumi. From the episodes that I've seen, I think that Conan/Shinichi could be a combination of them three personalities. This tugs him and creates fan-base for each relationship.

Oh, well... that's just me. ^^

Well, it's normal to scream when you see a dead body. It's part of our reflexes. And, of course, you don't expect when and where you can see a dead body. They just come out of nowhere. And, it would be very unusual if you don't scream, unless you're a police or a detective who are already used to it.

Well, it's normal to scream when you see a dead body. It's part of our reflexes. And, of course, you don't expect when and where you can see a dead body. They just come out of nowhere. And, it would be very unusual if you don't scream, unless you're a police or a detective who are already used to it.

except for yamumara (if the spelling is correct)lol

If I would've been her, I wouldn't scream, but more likely say something like...

- Again?

or...

- Why everywhere we go, we find a dead body?

If I would've been her, I wouldn't scream, but more likely say something like...

- Again?

or...

- Why everywhere we go, we find a dead body?

Hahahha... Like inspector meguire, calling kogoro a bal luck charm but I don't think it is polite to call your parents names...especially the negative ones...

she is still human.so if you see dead it make you scream..guys are more cold that girls are for those type of things..i don't think she stop screaming.Human life is eazy to take away

But even though she is a female, she should get a bit immune to those stuffs. She have seen like more than 500 dead bodies.Some female police officers who are still new don't even shout anymore after seeing about 50 dead bodies. If you want to compare it to a female character from the series, let's use detective Sato.

Yeah, her screaming is getting annoying, that's why i find Ai better... I prefer if they just have that extremely shocked look on her face. I understand the screaming from the side characters that know the victim but.. it gets annoying seeing the same people scream... again... and again... and again...

Yeah, her screaming is getting annoying, that's why i find Ai better... I prefer if they just have that extremely shocked look on her face. I understand the screaming from the side characters that know the victim but.. it gets annoying seeing the same people scream... again... and again... and again...

Ai isn't always shock.

At the theater

*shadow appears*

*db shouts*

AI:(in a calm voice)looks like you never get to rest.

Ai isn't always shock.

At the theater

*shadow appears*

*db shouts*

AI:(in a calm voice)looks like you never get to rest.

that's true, but its better than her yelling... and i prefer when people arent completely shocked... besides she just woke up since conan jumped up while she was leaning on his shoulder... she was already in shock! haha :D

that's true, but its better than her yelling... and i prefer when people arent completely shocked... besides she just woke up since conan jumped up while she was leaning on his shoulder... she was already in shock! haha :D

Yeah... I wonder how a coward like her can be a Karate champ.

Yeah... I wonder how a coward like her can be a Karate champ.

Well, she can be a karate champ cuz she is strong and is good at doing moves, but... when it comes to real life... she freaks at the easiest of things, and can only use karate when told, or her friends are being attacked... she just doesn't have a brain or the ability to stop herself from screaming(at least thats what i think :P)

Well, she can be a karate champ cuz she is strong and is good at doing moves, but... when it comes to real life... she freaks at the easiest of things, and can only use karate when told, or her friends are being attacked... she just doesn't have a brain or the ability to stop herself from screaming(at least thats what i think :P)

I wish she would be m025.gif

It is annoying that Ran keeps screaming each and every time she sees a dead body :roll:. I mean she is so brave at Karate and fighting, but then she just freaks out at a dead body. Well then again she is afraid of the supernatural and stuff like that.

I think that Ran still screams because she's a selfless person, and even though she's walked in on 600+ bodies, she can never get used to the idea that someone's dead because of selfish actions. Also the fact that walking in on a dead body is traumatizing. :eek: