Detective Conan World
Black Demon

File 796-800 (The Cursed Toilet Of The Mouri Detective Agency)

Filler poll  

29 members have voted

1. 1. Is Amuro suspecting Conan? (multiple choice)

• He is suspecting that Conan is Shinichi.
    • He is suspecting that Conan is the brains behind Kogoro
    • He is suspecting that something about Conan is not quite right.
    • He is a little suspicious of Conan's intelligence
    • He is a little suspicious of the relationship between Conan and Kogoro
    • He doesn't really suspect anything about Conan beyond being very smart.
    • He suspects Conan is getting hints from Shinichi
    • He suspects Conan is getting hints from Akai
    • Some other option not listed you will tell me about in the comments.
    • Not sure
  2. 2. What is the woman's motive? (multiple choice)

• To have the money for herself
    • To get revenge on the robbers for killing the employee.
    • To get revenge on the robbers for betraying her.
    • Something related to Kogoro
    • Something related to Amuro.
    • To get revenge on Kogoro's bathroom.
    • Something not listed. (Comment so I can add it. )
  3. 3. Who is the third robber?

• 1st woman Toyokita Rinko
    • 2nd woman Furiya Sakae
    • 3rd woman Tegawa Takayo
    • None of them
    • Don't know
    • (attempting to fix the poll)
    • (attempting to fix the poll)

My first thought with that was that

Sera was planting a bug on Conan in case something like that happens again :x, your other ideas seem more likely though, if those are the case she's likely to be suspicious of Amuro already however, then that reduces the chances of her faking closeness with Conan :/

Zenthisoror Translation from the DCTP Cbox. DONE

Serina: "You think that I'd commit suicide after killing the last person? I've got sleeping pills in my pocket, but that's because I've been having trouble sleeping lately. I only used them to kidnap you."

Conan: "Look, it's all a bit sloppy really. It was a bad decision to leave a bug with the body of the first man you killed. Maybe it's because you wanted to hear the terrified screams of Kashizuka Kei when he discovered it. If that was the case, he would have suspected the whole room to the bugged. Then he would have been on alert the whole time. And you've carelessly left the pistol you used to beat the guy to death, with it's handle still bloody, in the glove box with another pistol, so that's three pistols in total, including the one at the Agency. Of course, the bullets have been removed, but you found the three pistols that were used in the robbery in Kashizuka Kei's room. Having killed Kashizuka, it was also a massive error to switch the phones. Even if the messages and address book have been erased, the police can still track down the owner! There's no apparent plan to your movements; you don't care if messages or photos with sentimental value or the phone numbers of your friends are lost. It seemed as though you didn't care what happened after you'd killed the 3 who had killed your boyfriend. That's why I followed you. Anyway, I have to say I was curious to find out who the last bank robber was. If you do as I say, I'll tell you! If you agree with my reasoning then you'll leave the last robber to the police and confess."

Serina: "I, I understand. She's one of the three women we just saw, right?"

Conan: "Yep. We could pick up some of her features from the CCTV footage. She was trying to disguise the fact by holding the pistol in her right hand, but she was actually left handed! When you're trying to climb over something, the first foot you put forward is your leading leg. Lefthanded people tend to have corresponding left leading legs. She also held the gumtape in her right hand and and used her left hand to tear it up. When one of her companions fired, she put her left hand to her mouth; when people are surprised or shocked they try to touch their face and calm down and unconsciously they use their dominant hand."

Serina: "So was it the first woman Toyokita? She opened the door with her left hand."

Conan: "But the door was the kind where, if you use your right hand, your arm comes in front of your body and gets in your way. You only need to show half your body to greet callers. That person's right handed! You can tell from the position of her mug handle to the chair and the frypan handle position, and you'd have to be right handed to get butter on the left side of the blade of a butter knife. (Zenthi note: I beg to differ on that) The second person also used her right hand to unlock the door!"

Serina: "In which case..."

Conan: "That's right. The mug was set to the left, the memo pad was to the left of the phone. To stop shadows forming when she wrote, the desklamp was on the right of the table. The pens and the sidetable were all on the left! Also, even if she was a writer close to a deadline, her mobile was switched off right? Even if she had a home phone, a writer coming close to a deadline, she'd probably heard that a man had committed suicide at the Agency on the news and anticipated that the police would call her as she was on his mobile's addressbook. She probably thought they'd work out that Kashizuka Kei was one of the robbers through the huge amounts of small change and notes he'd have on him. The 2 million yen were coded, so she only used the money to buy small items. Tegawa san was taking away beef bowl's all the time because at some places you could use 10000 yen notes, and if you did a take away there was less chance of having your face remembered. Unlike a convenience store or a brand store, a beef bowl shop would be less likely to have CCTV. What do you think? Do you agree? Feel like confessing maybe?"

Serina: "Yes, I shall go along with your reasoning and go to the police station, but I think you've made one mistake. I only took two guns from Kashizuka Kei's room. The last one was a model gun I was given by a gunmaniac friend, which I had for my own protection. Of course, it doesn't have any bullets."

Conan: "But then, that must mean the last real gun..."

Tegawa bursts into the car with the pistol, grabs Conan and points the gun at him.

Tegawa: "Fire up the car! And I'll direct us somewhere suitable without any possible witnesses!"

Conan: To think that she was following us. Damn! My left arm is being held down. I can't use my tranquilizer!

Tegawa fires at the window of the driving seat and makes Serina start up the car. The Professor and co. are nearby...

Agasa: "Just now, I thought I heard something like a gunshot!"

Haibara: "It's that car!"

Okiya: "In which case, we should alert Mr Mouri as to the situation..."

Agasa: "Why not the police?"

Okiya: "Because they're the only ones who can explain everything to the police reliably. If we pass on the details about the make of the car and its number we could set up a check station of some sort.

Agasa: "But what if the hostage is used as a human shield and the culprit gets away?" (Zenthi note *Sorry...some of this isn't making sense...but some of the sentences have been abbreviated heavily.)

Okiya: "If it comes to that, then that situation will only last until sheer forceful strength stops it." (Zenthi note: I don't like this translation, apologies)

Haibara's heart pounds.

Kogoro: "What? They're heading northwards along Ouishikaido?"

Ran: "But that's this road isn't it?"

Kogoro: "And? The car's a blue swift with the number..."

Amuro sees a blue Swift going in the opposite direction and does a U-turn. Sera follows.

Haibara: "What, what is this? This feeling...(She looks behind her) It's as though there's something chasing after us..."

Okiya: "There's no need for that expression."

Haibara: "Eh?"

Okiya: "I won't let them get away..."

He leaves the steering wheel to Prof, opens the door, leans out of the car and is about to do something, when Amuro's car drives past and overtakes him...Do their eyes meet? Anyway, he closes the door.

Amuro: "Master, if you just tighten your seatbelt. Miss Ran, if you come over here."

Ran is pulled out of her seat by Amuro

Ran: "Eh? Hey..."

Kogoro: "O..oi, what the hell are you!?"

Amuro drifts his car in front of Tegawa's and stops it. Tegawa comes out of the car with her gun against Conan. Sera's ridden her bike onto the Swift's bonnet.

Sera: "Blast away!"

She turns, and smacks the bike's rear wheel into Tegawa's face.

Conan: "That's...that's terrible..."

Sera seizes Conan and hugs him.

Sera: "Oh my god, I'm so pleased you're alright!"

Conan: "Why the hell is she here?"

Amuro observes this from the sidelines.

Amuro: Why is she here? (Zenthi note: She...if that's Sera he's looking at...we don't know...) (Chek's note: this "she" may really be a gender neutral pronoun.)

He glances round at Okiya's car driving past. A phone call comes to Amuro, Okiya and Sera. Vermouth looks down on the scene from a pedestrian bridge. She's parked her bike and starts to speak.

Vermouth: "It seems that I've managed to gain some level of trust from you... You'll honor your promise to me, won't you? Bourbon?"

END

• Upvote 4

Well, I know one of them earn trust by saving Conan, but Okiya did nothing and watch sideline. I find it strange if Vermouth tell him personally he did is something Vermouth won't do. Okiya is first to make or receive the call. It leaves with Sera and Amuro, Amuro is likely earn their trust by protecting Ran from crash and catch up with the robber's car.

After I read all your comment about Chinese scans I had to read them(the scans) again. I hadn't noticed that amuro "hugged" ran. Am I reading too fast??? Sera's furious look is awesome!

@Kudo and Stopwatch: Thanks for explaining that part!

I really think that Amuro's thought was meant for Sera and not anyone else. Haibara had a wierd feeling that she was being chased and soon after that Amuro's car overtakes them. So I think that she is getting BO vibes from him! And I curious to know about the the 2 people talking to Sera and Okiya (I agree with the speculation that Vermouth is addressing Amuro as Bourbon).

I really think that Amuro's thought was meant for Sera and not anyone else. Haibara had a wierd feeling that she was being chased and soon after that Amuro's car overtakes them. So I think that she is getting BO vibes from him! And I curious to know about the the 2 people talking to Sera and Okiya (I agree with the speculation that Vermouth is addressing Amuro as Bourbon).

I think that Amuros thought was for Vermouth, but after he finishes his call with her he will wonder about sera and why is she here, who is she, ect. As for the rest, agrees

I wonder what would happen if Gin saw Sera...

Interesting question. I think Gin is the "mature villain" type who wouldn't go after the family members of his enemies unless he had something to gain from the situation or thought Sera was dangerous. Otherwise, there is no point in wasting resources or risking an unnecessary plan going wrong.

"He would think she was cute" was the first answer that came to mind. WTH brain, WTH.

Three phone conversations at the same time... seems a bit unlikely. I wonder if Okiya is calling Sera.

hat can't be possible because neither Okiya nor Sera are calling anyone. All three of them receive a call at the same time. So none of them are conversing with each other.

That can't be possible because neither Okiya nor Sera are calling anyone. All three of them receive a call at the same time. So none of them are conversing with each other.

I don't interpret the scene as Okiya receiving call, rather, he pick up his instrument before any trigger. So he should be the one calling someone.

The DCTP translated version is now out!

BTW Chekhov?

You think that Okiya did not see Vermouth?. Is it possible that he could see her with rear view mirror? What do you think of his reaction in page 15 panel 3

Charala97 *below*

Japan don't use gender specific word. "Why here" could refer to the event or person(s) but could not tell the gender.

I don't interpret the scene as Okiya receiving call, rather, he pick up his instrument before any trigger. So he should be the one calling someone.

His expressions are more like he's listening to someone, not like he's talking to someone. And if he was really calling someone, then the VFX was not required there. Anyway, I can't be so sure of that. Thinking of Amuro's comment, what is the actual translation? Is it "Why here?" or " Why is she here?" Because, if it's "Why here?" then, it can also imply to Okiya and not just Vermouth and Sera.

Another thing I noticed was that all three of them had a good view of Vermouth on the brigde. Sera and Amuro were facing the bridge and Okiya might have caught a glimpse of her from the rear-view mirror on his car.

His expressions are more like he's listening to someone, not like he's talking to someone. And if he was really calling someone, then the VFX was not required there. Anyway, I can't be so sure of that. Thinking of Amuro's comment, what is the actual translation? Is it "Why here?" or " Why is she here?" Because, if it's "Why here?" then, it can also imply to Okiya and not just Vermouth and Sera.

Another thing I noticed was that all three of them had a good view of Vermouth on the brigde. Sera and Amuro were facing the bridge and Okiya might have caught a glimpse of her from the rear-view mirror on his car.

I'd be careful about interpreting facial expressions. Also, if the person he called didn't pick up the phone right away, he would actually be listening to the phone ringing on the other end. The vfx would then indicate that reaction (and also serve as a false implication that he’s receiving a call).

Anyway, three phone calls in the same place at the exact same time - that’s odd. So I’d say two of them are linked somehow.

I'm seriously annoyed by such kind of fan girls:

Before this file:

Them: "OMG That Amuro guy is SOOO cuuuute <3333333333 I'M IN LOVE WITH HIM !!!" (They also said this to Shinichi, Kid, Makoto... and many other good-looking characters from many anime/manga.)

Me: "That guy may possibly be Bourbon you know..."

*Before letting me explain anything*

Them: "NO ! Someone's that CUTE cannot be BO !!!! I'll KILL you if you say that again !!!!!!!"

When 800 comes out:

Them: "OMG It would be SOOO COOL if Amuro's Bourbon. He would be the HOTTEST BO EVAAAA... <333333333"

Me: :mellow:

----------------------------------------------

I'm glad that the file came out early BTW. *Start waiting for 801*

JUST READ THE FILE.

For some reason, now I'm starting to suspect Sera. I wonder... Oh, since Sera also has a motorcycle... Maybe Vermouth was following them from some distance? Ah, I have no idea.

@Chek XD For some reason... THAT'S WHAT I THOUGHT WHEN I TYPED THE QUESTION.

*pops in* Oh man, this is getting exciting!

I wonder who Haibara got *the vibe* from? Amuro or Sera? Seems like Amuro, but I guess that Sera is still possible.

What the heck did Okiya notice ahead of him on page 15?! Sera, Amuro, and Vermouth are behind him! Oh, maybe he saw Amuro through the rear view mirror . . . ?

From the namesake, it seems that Amuro is Bourbon, but it seems that he stumbled onto Conan and co., rather than actively searching for them like Sera - but if Vermouth was implying that Bourbon gained trust from Conan & co., it seems like Bourbon actively tried to pursue whoever it was that he was trying to gain trust from. If Bourbon isn't one of the three Gundam people, then who the heck is it and what the heck was Vermouth talking about?!

So many questions . . .