Detective Conan World
AJ M.

Where were you when 9/11 happened?

15 members have voted

1. 1. Do you remember what it was like when it happened?

• Yes, I remember every detail.
    • Yes and no, I just remembered the chaos of the situation.
    • No, I found out at a much later time.
    • I'm not sure if I remember.

As most of us already know, it's the 10th anniversary of the terrorist attacks on the U.S. So where were you, what were you doing, and how did you react to all of the chaos? If you were too young to remember, how did you feel when you first heard about 9/11?

For me, I was only in second grade when it all happened. I remembered thinking: "what the heck is happening?", because the teachers at school we're all freakin' out. They tried so hard to hide the fact of what happened to us children for obvious reasons though (they didn't want to scare us). I was talking with others in my classroom, but the teacher was in the front office talking to other teachers. My classmates and I just went on with the day without any clue as to what predicament we're in. So when I came home right after, all I remember was watching the news. I saw airplanes planes crashing here, airplanes crashing there, building collapsing here, other building collapsing there, and the news title said "America in War?" or something like that. So I was scared, even though I didn't have grasp of the whole situation. And that was it...

How about you?

I was across the river from it when it happened. My dad had been working there late the previous night and he had overslept, which was the only reason why he wasn't at work on time. I was in school. Since I was young I don't remember exactly what was happening at the time, but according to my parents my dad was in the subway when the planes crashed. When he returned to the Twin Towers for work (I believe he also had to do something else at the time), he discovered his office was gone. I'm amazingly thankful that my dad hadn't been working there at the time. If he had, he probably would have died since he worked near the top.

Later that night we lit candles and set them on the river. That was really the only part that stood out to me when it happened.

I was across the river from it when it happened. My dad had been working there late the previous night and he had overslept, which was the only reason why he wasn't at work on time. I was in school. Since I was young I don't remember exactly what was happening at the time, but according to my parents my dad was in the subway when the planes crashed. When he returned to the Twin Towers for work (I believe he also had to do something else at the time), he discovered his office was gone. I'm amazingly thankful that my dad hadn't been working there at the time. If he had, he probably would have died since he worked near the top.

Later that night we lit candles and set them on the river. That was really the only part that stood out to me when it happened.

Talk about a miracle! Your dad must have been one of the luckiest man on Earth, while being one of the most devastated man on Earth.

Don't remember, really... I was young.. But I know that I was home, celebrating my brother's 10 years birthday.... My parents said that we watched it happen in the news...

Wow, your brother's 10th birthday?

Talk about a miracle! Your dad must have been one of the luckiest man on Earth, while being one of the most devastated man on Earth.

Yeah. To think about how close he came to dying that day...as Chinese people say, 不幸中的万幸.

EDIT: About the poll...is there an other option?

you just busted ur age :twisted:

ur at least 13-14, with the high probability that ur older

Well, I was in kinder-garden, I think. Or then I was at home. I'm not sure because of timedifference.

Anyways, I was six and not living near States so I didn't hear about that happening. My parents hid the truth from me and my brother. I heard about this two years later when we had a silent moment at school. I was like "What? Can this be true?" At that time I didn't think about it and I started to realize the whole thing a few years ago. I feel I'm late and I have lived in feathers...

I was only three when it happened, and I don't have any memory of it, I might have been in preschool, but I'm not sure. I think i saw the footage once, but I don't remember it affecting me at all. Mainly because I had no idea what it was. To this day, I can't really fully understand what happened in America that day, but I'm glad we're recovering.

Wow, those are some interesting stories and perspectives. Man... just imagine if we actually witnessed the whole thing right in front of our own eyes.

you just busted ur age :twisted:

ur at least 13-14, with the high probability that ur older

*shrugs* My first memory was of when I was 2 btw. :P To be honest, it doesn't really matter to me anymore.

Sidenote: But I could totally be lying about remembering this and have heard it from my parents. :V

I was four when it happened and although I don't remember ever detail. I do know that my parents were grief stricken and that they pulled me out of Pre-k. The thing that really sticks in my mind though is when my first grade teacher told us a story about her son who worked in the twin towers. She said that every day her son was on time to work, but on the day of nine eleven he had by chance woken up late and arrived late to work. If he had been on time that day he would have died. The story has always stood with me.

• Upvote 1

I was 11. My Mom picked me up from school immediately when it happened, actually.

We were all really, really worried because my Uncle was in the City at the time, and wasn't answering his phone. He was going to do some work near the Towers so everyone started freaking out when he didn't answer his phone. Thankfully we learned that he was OK later.

I was 11. My Mom picked me up from school immediately when it happened, actually.

We were all really, really worried because my Uncle was in the City at the time, and wasn't answering his phone. He was going to do some work near the Towers so everyone started freaking out when he didn't answer his phone. Thankfully we learned that he was OK later.

That's good, isn't it?