Detective Conan World
emblemfire

When does the show become 16:9 ?

So I just got up to 304, the bombing 2 hour special... er hour and a half... and this show is going strong. Just wondering though... when does it switch from 4:3, to 16:9. Honestly I'm just curious, thanks.

Ah thanks! This show is just sooooo long... :) Ive been watching forever and I'm still not even half way! And I love every bit of it, just wanted to know when i could start loving it a better format is all. Thanks again

Ah thanks! This show is just sooooo long... :) Ive been watching forever and I'm still not even half way! And I love every bit of it, just wanted to know when i could start loving it a better format is all. Thanks again

Not for awhile. I think the first time any episode is available like that is 452, and then it becomes more scattered after that. I think in the middle 500's is when every episode is in that format.

• Upvote 1

And when series become HD? Because I already at Episode 282 at KissAnime where there is 144p, 240p, 360p, 720p and 1080p possible and it's kinda annoying sometimes to see Anime always 360p.:P

And when series become HD? Because I already at Episode 282 at KissAnime where there is 144p, 240p, 360p, 720p and 1080p possible and it's kinda annoying sometimes to see Anime always 360p. :P

Technically, if I'm not mistaken, a video is considered HD when it's 720p or above, so it needs to at least have a 16:9 aspect ration.  Just because a video is 16:9 doesn't necessarily make it HD, and just because a video is touted as 720p or 1080p on KissAnime doesn't mean it's not 4:3.  A 4:3 video can still be 720p, if the black borders on the left and right side are considered part of the video.  So I can't really give you a straight answer, because it really depends on what you're looking for.

For future reference, a 4:3 480p video won't look much different from a 4:3 upscaled to 720p video, so I'd venture to guess you won't be satisfied with the quality of DC until it hits 16:9 at 400-500ish episodes.

• Upvote 1