Detective Conan World
Vi Graythorn

What Do You Like?

My dad loved this one as well. 三国演义 <-- Hahaa :P He can tell me what happened like a book. But I'll forget everything after awhile. I've read 西游记. And erm... a few pages of 红楼梦 but I didn't like it :P I've heard of 水浒传 when I was watching 环珠格格.:P But never bothered to read it :P

My dad was all like: "Jean, this is the best Chinese book ever, you must read it." I'm like: "600 pages. 600 pages. In CHINESE. Are you aiming to torture me?"

I prefer reading the one my Chinese teacher recommended. It's a mystery/fantasy/sci-fi book. It sounded so amazingly interesting.

My dad forced me to (try to) read one. D: It was 三国演义. 600 pages. I don't understand why he loves it so much. I ended up making a deal with him that I'd read 600 pages worth of Chinese, but not using that book. I've read 西游记 as well, but the simplified version and only parts of it. My Chinese writing teacher in China once said I was at a level where I could read 红楼梦...but I never wanted to.

The three classic pieces of Chinese Literature.

I think that 三国演义 does have a bit of actual history in it, though it might not be completely factual.

I've read parts of 西游记 as well, not all of it. And I heard that monk in the story was based on a real person.

I don't know much about 红楼梦 but I can always go to my grandfather's library in Singapore and read it there.

I think that 三国演义 does have a bit of actual history in it, though it might not be completely factual.

I've read parts of 西游记 as well, not all of it. And I heard that monk in the story was based on a real person.

I don't know much about 红楼梦 but I can always go to my grandfather's library in Singapore and read it there.

Don't forget 水浒传. And yes, 三国演义 has a bit of history in it.

My dad was disappointed that I didn't know the author of 红楼梦. :V

Lol, I remember when I was telling my sister about something (forget what) and I said "our country" (referring to the States). My dad pointed it out. I said, "I apologize for an American twisted and brainwashed mind." :V My dad said I was finally learning humor from him. :V

Yea. I heard 三国演义 was factual but there have been so many versions of it screened on tv :P LOL I think the only factual part which we can believe in are probably the characters :P There are people who think those three are gay and attracted to each other :P Which I think its a joke XD

Yea. I heard 三国演义 was factual but there have been so many versions of it screened on tv :P LOL I think the only factual part which we can believe in are probably the characters :PThere are people who think those three are gay and attracted to each other :P Which I think its a joke XD

panda-emoticon-60.gif