Detective Conan World
christae

its a mystery!or not:-p

Korean and Indian on the other hand is not so clear... They sound like tongue twisters :mellow:

Well, I'm sorry. dry.gif

The thing is, Korean, Japanese, and Chinese are not Latin-based, and they are in a class all of their own (and possibly shared with a few other languages) that emphasizes individual sounds as syllables. Essentially, if you know one of the three languages, it's easier to learn the other two. (In other words, I know Korean, learning Japanese is much easier)

Well, I'm sorry. dry.gif

The thing is, Korean, Japanese, and Chinese are not Latin-based, and they are in a class all of their own (and possibly shared with a few other languages) that emphasizes individual sounds as syllables. Essentially, if you know one of the three languages, it's easier to learn the other two. (In other words, I know Korean, learning Japanese is much easier)

I know Chinese :) But I don't find learning Korean easy. However! If you had a teacher, it would be easy~ :P

I know Chinese :) But I don't find learning Korean easy. However! If you had a teacher, it would be easy~ :P

The link between Korean and Japanese is much stronger, especially with the fact that they actually share words in common (with minor sound differences, see "newspaper" and "tea" for examples), and both come from the same origin. I'm not fluent in Chinese, so I don't really know how it is to learn Japanese after learning Chinese.

The link between Korean and Japanese is much stronger, especially with the fact that they actually share words in common (with minor sound differences, see "newspaper" and "tea" for examples), and both come from the same origin. I'm not fluent in Chinese, so I don't really know how it is to learn Japanese after learning Chinese.

Well if you have learnt Chinese, learning how to write Kanji would be a piece of cake...

Interesting topic.

I think Japanese would be much harder to learn if I didn't know Chinese...

I think Chinese is easier, and Japanese and Korean are the same as hard. But it depends on what language that you learn first...

Lol. However, a lot of Kanji is from traditional Chinese and nowadays we tend to use the simplified version. Still, it's much easier for us who know Chinese.

Hmm...Japanese is complicated and would be even more so for English speakers who aren't used to how they work. The precise way it's spoken, including the tone, accent, stresses, honorifics, etc. are the most complex parts. Kanji is rather easy for me to read and wouldn't be difficult to write either. Hiragana isn't hard for me to write, though I probably won't be able to read it fluently until I finally decide to focus on it. And let's not go into katakana. Either way, I think that knowing Korean, Japanese, or Chinese gives you a really major advantage, especially seeing as a large portion of Chinese culture and language was "imported" into Japan.

As for me, Japanese is much easier than Korean and Chinese, because we read as it writes. I never could read Chinese correctly, because different pronunciation will give you different meaning. That's surely confusing.

My bases are Japanese and Korean,which currently I know the alphabets..The hard is I don't know Chinese,as of the characters and words to say...This 2nd year of my High school,We our learning Asia.and on art we Learn about the Calligraphy...I know Calligraphy of Japan and Korea are caught from China.

Well,Anyway,learning Chinese's calligraphy and language is hard,Korean language is not very difficult at all.but,Japanese is very very very LIVELY to learn!and filipino words came from Spanish,Chinese,Japanese,Englsih,Indonesian and Malay~

So,I think for me,no language is very hard to learn...

P.S. at Moho-kun.

Pretty much agree to you..^^

Either way, I think that knowing Korean, Japanese, or Chinese gives you a really major advantage, especially seeing as a large portion of Chinese culture and language was "imported" into Japan.

And for a while, Korea as well.

Learning Japanese would be easier if you know Chinese. The Japanese language is kinda from Chinese (there's an explanation about this from my history class but I kinda forgot). So, yeah.

On the other hand, words in Korean sound similar to words in Japanese, with the same meanings, to boot.

What's yours, Namu-chan?

And Japanese is closer to Chinese. Most of the kanji's have similar pronounciations to Cantonese.

And in China, the characters are called Hanzi. (Which has a totally different pronounciation than how you would pronounce it in english, just FYI. xP)

And Japanese is closer to Chinese. Most of the kanji's have similar pronounciations to Cantonese.

Although Korean characters are completely different from the Japanese characters, the pronunciations are closer.

Some ancient history: Koreans tend to have grudges against the Chinese and Japanese race (though most of us don't as much, this mainly applies to the older generations).

More ancient history: Korea and Japan shares more in common then Japan does with China.