Detective Conan World
dw5chaosfan

Answer that riddle

No, it was Vermouth. Gin gave the Boss ICED wine, which means it had ice. Since condonsation (or however it's spelt) would take place with ice present in the drink, the fingerprints wouldn't be clear. So it had to be Vermouth, who never mentioned the Boss having ice in the drink. The method to kill the Boss was most likely that Vermouth inserted poison with a thing you use to draw blood from the vein (don't remember the name... -.-; ) through the cork before she gave the wine to the victim. That is, if it was closed. If it was open, the she just stuck some poison in there through the hole. Them she walked in, gave the wine to the victim, and let him drink it. Boom, dead.

But I still wonder why the fingerprints were clear... The water droplets from condonsation should still be there if they went in, one after another. And wouldn't Gin perfer a gun? Was the bottle open or closed? You did miss a few facts...

Yea! you are right. Haha i did not mention how was the boss killed. I just said he was killed. And the last person who went in would be the killer. So it doesnt matter how he was killed. Lols.

Since Gin gave iced wine to the boss, the fingerprints would not be clear. If the fingerprints were clear, it either means the fingerprints were left later when he did not drink iced wine.

Next riddle :)

There was a boss who lives quite far away from his workplace. He always leaves his home and takes a train that leaves for his workplace at 945 every friday. He will reach his office about 2 hours later.

One day, without warning or informing anyone, he decided to take the train at 945 at night to his workplace.

However, to his horror when he reached, he found his attendant locked up in the cellar.

After unlocking the door for his attendant, he panicked and said, "You are finally back boss! Some thugs attacked me when I opened the safe today morning took millions of dollars with them! They said to leave by train tonight at 12am! Theres only a few minutes left! Theres no way to catch up now!"

Shocked and horrified, the boss alerted the district police and hopes that he could help in catching the thugs. One police was sent to his workplace for investigation. When asked, the attendant continued to say, "I was given sleeping pills and when I woke up just before boss finally came.

The officer went to investigate the cellar. The cellar is underground with no windows and a door. The door was locked when the attendant was found. They found nothing but an analogue watch in the cellar. The attendant was found wearing t-shirt and jeans and had nothing with him. When checked his medical condition, there was indication he had sleeping pills.

However, the boss said to the attendant, "Ok. Where did you hide the money? I know you are in conspiracy with the thugs who stole the money." The attendant was shocked.

How did the boss know the attendant was one of the thugs?

The attendent was told by the thugs to leave by train at 12 am, yet he said that he was given sleeping pills right away. So the attendent was lying. Next riddle?

Wait... first the attendant said they arrived in the morning. The boss was probably at work in the morning, so how won't he know that the thugs were at the safe with his attendant?

Also, the train arrived at about 11:45pm. If the thugs arrived in the morning, it would be after midnight. How can they leave before midnight?

Either way, it doesn't make any sense.

Also, there must be intervals where the train comes and leaves.

Sleeping Pills using last for quite a few hours. It is possible for the attendant to help his friends escape while taking the pills and locking himself in the cellar.

For some reason, I think that the analog watch in the cellar is to support the attendant's alibi and testimony that the thugs came.

Also, skilled or trained people can change the setting of the watch to read a different timing.

The boss must have thought it ^ was strange and came to the conclusion that the attendant was with the thugs.

Is it because the attendent said, "You're finally back boss!"? Since the boss told no one he was taking the train at night, it wouldn't make sense for the attendent to say that.

Is it because the attendent said, "You're finally back boss!"? Since the boss told no one he was taking the train at night, it wouldn't make sense for the attendent to say that.

Yes, that's what I thought too, but anyone under that sort of circumstance will exclaim that way whether or not the boss comes in the morning or in the night.

Very close!! But that wasn't the most suspicious statement that he said. Find the most suspicious statement that determines that he us lying

I thought that this entire sentence was suspicious:

'You are finally back boss! Some thugs attacked me when I opened the safe today morning took millions of dollars with them! They said to leave by train tonight at 12am! Theres only a few minutes left! Theres no way to catch up now!'

Today morning - well wouldn't that be either more than 12 hours ago or in the future?

'they said to leave by train tonight at 12am' - they might've told the attendent to leave by train at midnight

'only a few minutes left... no way to catch up now' - who said that they just left? they could've been gone hours ago!

I thought that this entire sentence was suspicious:

'You are finally back boss! Some thugs attacked me when I opened the safe today morning took millions of dollars with them! They said to leave by train tonight at 12am! Theres only a few minutes left! Theres no way to catch up now!'

Today morning - well wouldn't that be either more than 12 hours ago or in the future?

'they said to leave by train tonight at 12am' - they might've told the attendent to leave by train at midnight

'only a few minutes left... no way to catch up now' - who said that they just left? they could've been gone hours ago!

It's the correct statement! But the reasoning is not quite there yet.

Remember the hints:

He was locked up since morning

He was given sleeping pills

There was only an analogue watch with him.

The boss did not tell anyone about something.

Maybe the thugs were members from the BO and they have ways of knowing... Haha JK

It is suspicious that the... Wait! I think I get it!

How did the attendant get to the office with just an analogue watch with him? Unless the attendant lives at the office, which is extremely improbable, he would get to the office using the train too. And we know that trains collect fares from their passengers. He has no card, no 'proof of purchase' and no money with him, so how did he get there in the first place?

Did the boss tell the attendent that he was going to the office? Some bosses confide in their attendants and other bosses keep everything away from their attendants.

Say, even the boss is suspicious himself.

Maybe the thugs were members from the BO and they have ways of knowing... Haha JK

It is suspicious that the... Wait! I think I get it!

How did the attendant get to the office with just an analogue watch with him? Unless the attendant lives at the office, which is extremely improbable, he would get to the office using the train too. And we know that trains collect fares from their passengers. He has no card, no 'proof of purchase' and no money with him, so how did he get there in the first place?

Did the boss tell the attendent that he was going to the office? Some bosses confide in their attendants and other bosses keep everything away from their attendants.

Say, even the boss is suspicious himself.

The boss does not need to tell the attendant he was going to office because he always go on Friday morning. So the attendant shd have expected the boss to reach the office at the same time...

Big hint: the attendant uses analog watch to tell the time. Analog watches don't tell morning or night. Remember what he mentioned about the time which he is not supposed to know. We know that if he was drugged he would be unaware of the amount of time passed. There was something which gave him away because of the time and something he wasn't supposed to know.

Hmmmm,,,,, maybe because....

^^^

The attendant was locked up at some time, only having an analog watch to tell the time. He was also given sleeping pills when he woke up just before the boss came. He had just woken up. How did he know that it was nearly 12 am?? you can't tell am/pm from an analog clock..

he also stated that 'theres only a few minutes left!' How did he know this, because he was drugged, therefore going to be unaware of the amount of time that had passed. and also 'Theres no way to catch up now!' -- how did he know how far they had escaped?? this also states that the thugs had plenty of time to escape..

oh, and also that the boss took the 9:45pm train, and didn't tell anyone. it takes 2 hours. he would have arrived at 11:45pm. it's kinda suspicious how it happens when the boss comes to work at night and he didn't inform anyone.

Hmmmm,,,,, maybe because....

^^^

The attendant was locked up at some time, only having an analog watch to tell the time. He was also given sleeping pills when he woke up just before the boss came. He had just woken up. How did he know that it was nearly 12 am?? you can't tell am/pm from an analog clock..

he also stated that 'theres only a few minutes left!' How did he know this, because he was drugged, therefore going to be unaware of the amount of time that had passed. and also 'Theres no way to catch up now!' -- how did he know how far they had escaped?? this also states that the thugs had plenty of time to escape..

oh, and also that the boss took the 9:45pm train, and didn't tell anyone. it takes 2 hours. he would have arrived at 11:45pm. it's kinda suspicious how it happens when the boss comes to work at night and he didn't inform anyone.

Basically your first point was correct!

The rest of the points are vague but its somewhere there.

The actual explanation:

Firstly, the attendant was being taken in the morning, so he was in the cellar since morning.

The thugs could have mentioned that they wanted to leave at 12am, so it was not impossible for the attendant would know. It is a fact that he was drugged. So if he was drugged, he would not have known how long have passed.

Therefore, he WOULD NOT have known whether only a few minutes or a few hours or half a day have passed, especially if he ONLY had the ANALOG watch.

This is a crucial point.

The boss have ALWAYS taken the friday MORNING train to his office, which arrives a few minutes before noon.

However, in this case, he NEVER mentioned anything to anyone and he went to office at NIGHT. Therefore, if the attendant saw his boss, he would have ASSUMED it was about NOON instead. The fact that he was SO SURE it was ALREADY night time and near MIDNIGHT INSTEAD of NOON made him suspicious.

The only possible explanation is that, the attendant was their accomplice. He could have been moving the money with the thugs and realised the boss was not there yet even at noon, (*maybe he even took some lunch, slack off a while, anyways...*) he knew that noon had passed and his boss was late, maybe asked the thugs to lock him in to create his alibi and took some mild sleeping pills himself to make it seem real. When the boss finally came and got him out, he can then fake the story that they came up with and get away with the money.