Detective Conan World
Sign in to follow this  
la vanille

Hi, everyone!

Hmm, seeing as there's still not much on this forum, I decided to say hi. *waves* I'm Kat, 19 years old. I have several pseudonyms in various fandoms and forums, but recently I just use 'la vanille' in forums.

I've been a Conan fan ever since 2001, I think, back when I first watched the show dubbed in my country's language. Anime is one of the things that I've brought with me from childhood to adulthood, apart from Harry Potter, books, and the love of writing and drawing. Detective Conan is one of my favorite animes, although I've stopped watching it for a few years due to school and other stuff I became interested in...BUT I've been renewing my love for it by re-watching everything from Episode 1, and that's when I stumbled upon the Free Press Release by Maurice, and I immediately came to this site! :D

Well, that's it! See yah!

Welcome to DCW la vanille!

It's awesome cause I actually speak French and your name somehow sounds even cooler this way. ;)

Yeah, there's not much on the forum at this time cause the site itself is still pretty new. But at least, you've shown that Press Releases work. ^^

So, do you go to school right now? Or university? Oh and when you say you love writing and drawing, do you actually do it a lot or just for fun as a hobby? I'm asking cause if you ever feel like writing something about Detective Conan (anything at all), feel free to post it on the homepage! :)

Anyone is welcome to post there.

Anyway. thank you for joining. I hope you have lots of fun here! ^_~

See ya around!

Hi there, Maurice! I would actually love to learn French someday, hence the name. It's cool that you know the language.

I'm on vacation as of the moment (it's summer wheee), but yes, I'm a college student right now. And it's basically because of summertime that I have loads of time to rewatch Conan. I do write a bit, but mostly it's fiction, novel-type of stuff, but if ever I get the inspiration to write, I might as well contribute here!

Thanks for the warm welcome. I can see that I'm going to enjoy my stay here. :D

Salut la vanille! :)

Vacation, eh? Ah, lucky you! ;)

May I ask what you're studying/majoring in?

Well, have fun! Have you started watching the episodes already?

I'll probably major in Nursing or go to Med school, depending on how things turn out. I was majoring in Physical Therapy back in Manila (Philippines), but when I followed my family and migrated to California, I changed my mind about PT. :| My main goal right now is to go to med school, though, although it'll take a LOT of time and effort on my part. :)

I've started re-watching the episodes, and am now in Episode...*checks* 112. I also suggested alternate videos for some of the episodes I watched. :D

Nice! Med school! That's a great (and challenging?) career path. Well, you have our support here from DCW. :D

Oh, do you happen to watch House by any chance? That's such a great show! And even though I'm not that familiar with the technical jargon, I'm guessing it could eventually be useful to Med students lol.

And thank you for submitting videos. I've activated them all already. It's really helpful. :)

Btw, how did you like DC in Tagalog? Do you prefer it to the English version or the opposite? (or subbed instead of dubbed maybe?). Just being curious. ^^

Thanks. :D I hope I survive my way into med school. :D

Yes, I watch House! It's an unbelievably cool show, and House's antics are just hilarious. Medical dramas like House sure help in widening my knowledge, since I try to research and know more about the diseases and interesting stuff they have on each episode. Not to mention they're fun to watch. :D

DC in Tagalog? It's pretty much ok, the dubbing's actually good and they kept the names of the characters. I generally like subs better than dubs in almost everything I watch, though...it makes things seem more authentic, which is why I kind of don't like the FUNimation dub. :| But because I want to support them, I still buy the English releases. XD

Yeah, the subs are much better. I actually also watched the French dubbed version of the series (they dubbed it till around ep 150 or so the last time I checked it out). It wasn't too bad I must say. I've only watched a few episodes in English, but yeah I still prefer the subs in the end.

So, how far are you in your "revisiting-the-World-of-DC" quest? lol

P.S: I activated the links you submitted. Thanks!

LOL. I completely forgot how fun it was to watch the series, so all I've been doing these days is watch DC. My sister says I've gone addicted to it, but she can't really understand. XD I'm currently watching the movies and OVAs first, but then I'll get back to watching the regular series. I'm already in Season 6, which is amazing, given that I started from scratch just this summer.

Oh, and do you know where I can watch a subbed version of the Detective Conan vs. Lupin III special aired last March? I'm also quite a fan of Lupin, so I'd love to see that special episode. :D

EDIT: I already found it. XD

This post has suddenly became a conversation between you two, huh. Anyway, I'm new here. Detective Conan is my favourite anime. :D Still waiting for episodes to be uploaded or subbed though.

I don't want to hijack la vanille's thread, but welcome to Detective Conan World BAKAx3! :D

I hope you have fun here! ^^

P.S: Sorry la vanille!