Detective Conan World
Aeyra

My 142-day late Introduction

Okay, this is Aeyra, the math freak of DCW. A lot of people already know this, but I'm making this post so people can learn what I haven't really shared.

For starters, my real name is Amy, and my last name starts with a Z. For that reason, my friend calls me Soup. (my brother's first name is Aaron, so he's Alphabet, and together, we're Alphabet Soup.) I'm in eighth grade, though I should be in seventh because of my age. I didn't skip a grade, I started school early. My birthday is October 3rd, and I'm currently 13 years old.

In school, I am part of what is called 'The Asian Club' (just a student thing, it's not a real club). Asian Club means you are a genius who is in all of the highest classes and you get As in every single one of them. There are five people at the top of this club, me, my two best friends, and two boys who are also my friends. We're all in MathCounts, but only me and the two boys (one of them which I like) got to the State along with some seventh and sixth graders from my school. In the county, I was first place, and my school brought eight people to the competition. We gained 8th->1st place consecutively, completely shutting out the other schools. In the state, none of us placed top ten, but me and a seventh grade boy from my school were in the top twenty percent, and our school scored third in the state of Pennsylvania, a record for us.

Another club I participate in is Science Olympiad, where I do Optics, Ornithology, Road Scholar, and Can't Judge a Powder. My favorite is Optics because it's the most mathy, but I don't have anyone teaching the college level physics to me, so I'm struggling quite a bit. As for the rest of them, I'm okay, but I'm just not into them as much as I was into math. The sports I do are volleyball and track, and I'm reasonable at both of them, however, I'm better at volleyball.

Summary (plus likes and dislikes)

Name: Amy Z.

Ethnicity: Chinese

Grade:8

Clubs: MathCounts, Science Olympiad

Sports: Volleyball, Track

Favorite Subjects: Math and Law

Favorite Mangas (in order): Detective Conan, Black Cat, Prince of Tennis, Magic Kaito, Ouran High School Host Club, Kitchen Princess, New Prince of Tennis, Gakuen Alice.

Favorite Books: Anything written by Ellen Hopkins, Maximum Ride, Halo, and others

What I want to Be: Lawyer

Guy I like: I shall only give his first name, Geoffrey

Instruments: Piano, Violin

Likes: Chocolate, Cake, Cookies, Reading, Writing, DCW, Detective Conan, manga, anime, math, law, English, Science, Spanish, Chinese, Drawing, hanging out with my friends, using onions, forum games, and fried snake

Dislikes: Music Class(boring), People who act like they're so smart when they're not, Shopping, Short shorts, baseball, softball, anything that involves a lot of catching (cuz I can't catch a ball for my life. Okay, I can, but rarely.), Asparagus, bitter melon, slow internet, Bs, Rain, Cold.

Personality: Depends on the day. If I'm happy, nothing can stop my hyper rage of happiness. If I'm sad, I seem to try to bring everyone down. Angry? Hasn't happened for a long time. I'm just an extremist with my personality.

Fun Facts: I've taken the SATs twice. Both in 7th grade. I'm in SET, and really don't care. I've liked the guy I like (see above) for over 3 years now. I've already planned out my entire high school schedule. I know the college I want to go to. (U. Penn) My friend has about 20 different nicknames for me.

If I missed something let me know. ^-^

Adress, phone number, full last name and many more.

I don't even know how you could've missed that! Gosh kids these days.

I like math and law, too. Yay :D

Despite that - I'm leaning towards languages.

I'm choosing between lawyer and interpreter.

Enough about me - Hi :D

• Upvote 1

Your last name starts with Z? Oh, I know what your last name is now. :twisted:

Then tell me.

And aniki, as far as my phone number goes, I can't remember it. (and yet I can remember 70 digits of pi off of the top of my head...)

Welcome to DCW,

Shocks :-o :

you like:Ouran High School Host Club.

there is a:New Prince of Tennis

you run track

you like fried snake

you dislike the B's

you struggle with college physics (it's all math applied to everyday life, it's hard but i thought you would be real good at it. Once someone formally teaches you, you will get it.)

At my school there is a real Asian club xD

i hate music class too, because i'm not musically gifted

this was interesting to read :lol:

Isn't that a bit... I dunno, discriminative? I mean, 'Asian Club'? What type of school do you go to?

its to help the student body understand other cultures better not based on actual races xD (each club has a mixture of races, we even have a latin club)

they put together presentations such as ethnic fest to teach the student body that didn't join each specific club about their culture. Don't take it the wrong way

you struggle with college physics (it's all math applied to everyday life, it's hard but i thought you would be real good at it. Once someone formally teaches you, you will get it.)

At my school there is a real Asian club xD

i hate music class too, because i'm not musically gifted

this was interesting to read :lol:

The problem with learning it is that when I do the problems, the coach can't check them for me because she forgets how to do them. Therefore, even if I am doing something wrong, I wouldn't know. The Asian Club is basically the math/science geeks cuz all of the top students in my grade are Asian.Everyone is shocked if we get Bs

The problem with learning it is that when I do the problems, the coach can't check them for me because she forgets how to do them. Therefore, even if I am doing something wrong, I wouldn't know. The Asian Club is basically the math/science geeks cuz all of the top students in my grade are Asian.Everyone is shocked if we get Bs

Same here. Except, everyone at our school is Asian...

Anyway, it's nice to see an official welcome, thought it sure was a lot to read. No need to tell you about how great DCW is or anything, I just hope you continue to be an active member. Don't fade away and die like some members have done.

Same here. Except, everyone at our school is Asian...

Anyway, it's nice to see an official welcome, thought it sure was a lot to read. No need to tell you about how great DCW is or anything, I just hope you continue to be an active member. Don't fade away and die like some members have done.

How is everyone at your school Asian?

its to help the student body understand other cultures better not based on actual races xD (each club has a mixture of races, we even have a latin club)

they put together presentations such as ethnic fest to teach the student body that didn't join each specific club about their culture. Don't take it the wrong way

Oh. Alright.

Anyway, I have to write a story for school about someone learning what prejudice really means. I have an idea. But it's discriminating against a Japanese girl. I have a plot in mind...

Hi, Aeyra! Your intro was really late...and you've got a lot of posts. Did you really need an intro?

Yes I did. Nobody ever bothers to look at profiles, so I decided people should know more about me! I'm late? Then go talk to Moho-kun who decided he needed an introduction. The only reason mine seems later is cuz I wrote how many days late it was. :P

Okay, this is Aeyra, the math freak of DCW. A lot of people already know this, but I'm making this post so people can learn what I haven't really shared.

For starters, my real name is Amy, and my last name starts with a Z. For that reason, my friend calls me Soup. (my brother's first name is Aaron, so he's Alphabet, and together, we're Alphabet Soup.) I'm in eighth grade, though I should be in seventh because of my age. I didn't skip a grade, I started school early. My birthday is October 3rd, and I'm currently 13 years old.

In school, I am part of what is called 'The Asian Club' (just a student thing, it's not a real club). Asian Club means you are a genius who is in all of the highest classes and you get As in every single one of them. There are five people at the top of this club, me, my two best friends, and two boys who are also my friends. We're all in MathCounts, but only me and the two boys (one of them which I like) got to the State along with some seventh and sixth graders from my school. In the county, I was first place, and my school brought eight people to the competition. We gained 8th->1st place consecutively, completely shutting out the other schools. In the state, none of us placed top ten, but me and a seventh grade boy from my school were in the top twenty percent, and our school scored third in the state of Pennsylvania, a record for us.

Another club I participate in is Science Olympiad, where I do Optics, Ornithology, Road Scholar, and Can't Judge a Powder. My favorite is Optics because it's the most mathy, but I don't have anyone teaching the college level physics to me, so I'm struggling quite a bit. As for the rest of them, I'm okay, but I'm just not into them as much as I was into math. The sports I do are volleyball and track, and I'm reasonable at both of them, however, I'm better at volleyball.

Summary (plus likes and dislikes)

Name: Amy Z.

Ethnicity: Chinese

Grade:8

Clubs: MathCounts, Science Olympiad

Sports: Volleyball, Track

Favorite Subjects: Math and Law

Favorite Mangas (in order): Detective Conan, Black Cat, Prince of Tennis, Magic Kaito, Ouran High School Host Club, Kitchen Princess, New Prince of Tennis, Gakuen Alice.

Favorite Books: Anything written by Ellen Hopkins, Maximum Ride, Halo, and others

What I want to Be: Lawyer

Guy I like: I shall only give his first name, Geoffrey

Instruments: Piano, Violin

Likes: Chocolate, Cake, Cookies, Reading, Writing, DCW, Detective Conan, manga, anime, math, law, English, Science, Spanish, Chinese, Drawing, hanging out with my friends, using onions, forum games, and fried snake

Dislikes: Music Class(boring), People who act like they're so smart when they're not, Shopping, Short shorts, baseball, softball, anything that involves a lot of catching (cuz I can't catch a ball for my life. Okay, I can, but rarely.), Asparagus, bitter melon, slow internet, Bs, Rain, Cold.

Personality: Depends on the day. If I'm happy, nothing can stop my hyper rage of happiness. If I'm sad, I seem to try to bring everyone down. Angry? Hasn't happened for a long time. I'm just an extremist with my personality.

Fun Facts: I've taken the SATs twice. Both in 7th grade. I'm in SET, and really don't care. I've liked the guy I like (see above) for over 3 years now. I've already planned out my entire high school schedule. I know the college I want to go to. (U. Penn) My friend has about 20 different nicknames for me.

i guess we also had some things in common like reading,eating cookies,i'm also at the same age,hates slow internet connection and bitter melon/ampalaya in our hometown.

Yes I did. Nobody ever bothers to look at profiles, so I decided people should know more about me! I'm late? Then go talk to Moho-kun who decided he needed an introduction. The only reason mine seems later is cuz I wrote how many days late it was. :P

*cough**cough* Yes, I've read Mohorovicic's intro. But I thought that was because he posted a new intro...

• Upvote 1

*cough**cough* Yes, I've read Mohorovicic's intro. But I thought that was because he posted a new intro...

Probably, but most people realize they didn't put enough info in their first intro.

YOU HATE MUSIC CLASS :o aha no, I'm not freaked out. Not everyone is a freaky band geek like me ^.^

And wow, you are EXTREMELY similar to my best friend. You're both Chinese, last names start with Z, are good at math, play violin, like most of the same stuff (except she doesn't like math much), and you both have a lot of nicknames. (You would be surprised at how many variations of Susan I can come up with).