Detective Conan in Spain
|Detective Conan in Spain|
|Language:||Spanish, Catalan, Galician, Basque, Valencia and Balear|
|No. of Episodes:|| 376 (407) [Spanish]|
514 (561) [Catalan]
422 (456) [Valencia]
278 (300) [Galician]
98 (104) [Basque]
49 (50) [Balear]
|No. of Volumes:||75|
|No. of Magic Kaito Volumes:||4|
|Published by:||Planeta DeAgostini|
The Detective Conan manga is published in Spain by Planeta DeAgostini in 1998 and the Anime was broadcasted on Cartoon Network.
The manga was first published in 1998, with 13 volumes released as of 2000 before its cancellation. With the success of the Spanish dub of the series, the manga continued being released, in a bigger format and under the title Volume 2. Issues 1 to 32 of the second volume were only half of a Japanese volume (meaning the 32 Spanish issues were 16 Japanese issues). From 33 onward, they're the same length as the Japanese release. For the sake of continuity (apart from the fact that the first 13 volumes were hard to find) Volume 1 was re-released in the new format. Volume 2, issue 78 (Volume 75 in Japan) is planned to be released in March 2014.
Also, 31 out of 36 volumes of Detective Conan Special have been released (albeit with less success than the mainstream series).
In 2011, a new edition has been released, called "Detective Conan: Nueva Edición" (New Edition) which has two Japanese volumes in one Spanish volume. As of 2013, seven volumes (equivalent to volumes 1-14) have been released.
Curiously, all Spanish manga releases are inversed so they can be read as a Western comic. This leads to changing some dialogue in order to fit the pictures (for example, all instances of mentioning someone is left-handed are changed to right-handed, and vice versa).
In Spain, apart from Spanish Language, in some parts of the country, people speak another languages: Catalan, Galician, Basque, Valencia and Balear. These languages have a particular dub of Detective Conan:
|Spanish||Detective Conan||376 episodes + Movies 1, 2 and 4|
|Catalan||El detectiu Conan||514 episodes + Movies 1-8|
|Galician||O detective Conan||278 episodes + Movies 1-8|
|Flag of Valencia Valencian||Detectiu Conan||422 episodes|
|Flag of Basque Country Basque||Conan detektibea||98 episodes + Movies 5 and 6|
|Flag of Balearic Islands Balear||El detectiu Conan||49 episodes|
 Cast (Spanish Dub)
- Dubbing: Episodes 1-76 were dubbed in Barcelona (International Soundstudio), instead of episodes 77-376, which were dubbed in Madrid (Alamis).
- Translation (Japanese-Spanish): Salomón Doncel and Alessandra Moura.
|Conan Edogawa||Isabel Valls
|Shinichi Kudo||Jonatan López
|Shinichi's voice is used for Conan's thoughts.|
|Ran Mouri||Diana de Guzmán
|Kogoro Mouri||Luis Espinosa
|Eri Kisaki||Marta Sainz|
|Ai Haibara||Silvia Sarmentera|
|Hiroshi Agasa||Javier Amilibia
|Genta Kojima||Lucas Cisneros
|Ayumi Yoshida||Pilar Mora
|Mitsuhiko Tsuburaya||Mª Rosa Guillén
|Gema dubs Mitsuhiko from episode 346 on|
|Heiji Hattori||Claudi Domingo
José María Carrero
|Kazuha Toyama||Blanca Rada|
|Juzo Megure||Francisco Alborch
Francisco Andrés Valdivia
|Wataru Takagi||Alfredo Martínez|
|Miwako Sato||Mercedes Espinosa|
|Kaitou Kid||Óscar Muñoz
José María Carrero
 Cast (Catalan Dub)
- Dubbing: Episodes 1-514 (AudioClip S.A., Barcelona).
- Translation (Japanese-Catalan): Marina Bornes, Verònica Calafell and Bàrbara Pesquer.
|Conan Edogawa||Joël Mulachs|
|Shinichi Kudo||Óscar Muñoz||Shinichi's voice is used for Conan's thoughts.|
|Ran Mouri||Núria Trifol|
|Kogoro Mouri||Jordi Royo
|Mark dubs Kogoro from episode 185 on|
|Eri Kisaki||Teresa Manresa|
|Ai Haibara||Roser Aldabó|
|Hiroshi Agasa||Fèlix Benito|
|Genta Kojima||Miquel Bonet|
|Ayumi Yoshida||Meritxell Ané
|Berta dubs Ayumi from episode 188 on|
|Mitsuhiko Tsuburaya||Elisabet Bargalló|
|Heiji Hattori||Hernán Fernández|
|Kazuha Toyama||Isabel Valls
|Juzo Megure||Ramon Canals|
|Wataru Takagi||David Corsellas|
|Miwako Sato||Teresa Soler|
 Cast (Galician Dub)
- Dubbing: Episodes 1-278 (Sodinor S.A., Vigo).
- Translation (Japanese-Galican): María Alonso.
|Conan Edogawa||Teresa Santamaría|
|Shinichi Kudo||Gaspar Somoza||Shinichi's voice is used for Conan's thoughts.|
|Ran Mouri||Isabel Vallejo|
|Kogoro Mouri||Matías Brea|
|Eri Kisaki||Charo Pena|
|Ai Haibara||Consuelo Díaz|
|Hiroshi Agasa||Paco Barreiro|
|Genta Kojima||Antonio Rey|
|Ayumi Yoshida||Marián Muíño|
|Mitsuhiko Tsuburaya||Patricia de Lorenzo|
|Heiji Hattori||Monti Castiñeiras|
|Kazuha Toyama||Ana Ouro
|Ana Lemos dubs Kazuha from episode 190 on.|
|Juzo Megure||Alfonso Valiño|
|Wataru Takagi||Manuel Pombal|
|Miwako Sato||Montserrat Davila|
|Kaitou Kid||Chema Gagino|
 Cast (Valencian Dub)
- Dubbing: Episodes 1-422 (Estudi de Musica S.L., Valencia).
- Translation (Japanese-Valencian): Carlos Ortega.
|Conan Edogawa||Inma Sancho|
|Shinichi Kudo||Benja Figueres||Shinichi's voice is used for Conan's thoughts.|
|Ran Mouri||Rosa López|
|Kogoro Mouri||José García Tos|
|Eri Kisaki||Marina Viñals|
|Ai Haibara||Marta Aparicio|
|Hiroshi Agasa||Joan Espuig|
|Genta Kojima||Ignasi Díaz|
|Ayumi Yoshida||Eva Bau|
|Mitsuhiko Tsuburaya||Laura Violeta|
|Heiji Hattori||Dario Torrent|
|Kazuha Toyama||Silvia Cabrera|
|Juzo Megure||Rafael Ordoñez|
|Wataru Takagi||Joan Montañana||Called "Takegi" in this dub|
|Miwako Sato||Silvia Cabrera|
|Kaitou Kid||Dario Torrent|
 Cast (Basque Dub)
- Dubbing: Episodes 1-98 (Edertrack, Bilbao).
|Conan Edogawa||Xebe Atencia|
|Shinichi Kudo||Xebe Atencia||Shinichi and Conan voices are the same.|
|Ran Mouri||Monica Erdocia|
|Ai Haibara||Maribel Legarreta||Maribel didn't have the opportunity to dub Haibara in the regular series but she has interpretated her in movies 5 and 6, just the only movies dubbed in Basque|
|Hiroshi Agasa||Eduardo Gorriño|
|Genta Kojima||Beñat Narbaiza|
|Ayumi Yoshida||Jaione Insausti|
|Mitsuhiko Tsuburaya||Maribel Legarreta|
|Heiji Hattori||Iker Díaz|
|Juzo Megure||Javi Pombo|
|Kaitou Kid||Xabier Alkiza|
 Cast (Balear Dub)
- Dubbing: Episodes 1-50 (Graus Balear, Palma de Mallorca).
- Translation (Japanese-Balear): Sarai María-Arias.
|Shinichi Kudo||Miquel Ruíz||Shinichi's voice is used for Conan's thoughts.|
|Ran Mouri||Marga López|
- The logo used is the same as the standard international logo.
- Nearly all of the characters have the same name. An exception would be Sherry was once named Jerez in Spanish dub.
- In some episodes of Spanish Dub, Professor Agasa is called Hakase Agasa. This is a translation mistake because Hakase means Professor in Japanese.
- Kaito Kid was called "Kid el Ladrón" (Kid the Thief) in the spanish dub. In Catalan dub was called "Kid Cat el lladre", in Galician dub "Caco Kid" and in Basque dub "Katalapur Gazterean".
- The TV airing of Spanish dub and Balear Dub is slightly censored: Blood is digitally erased or reduced, but there are no cuts. However, the dub itself is uncut, so there are references to the censored blood (for example, Conan may say "there's blood in the floor" even though the blood is erased). A possible explanation could be that the censors were made after the series was dubbed. In Catalan, Galician, Valencian and Basque the censorship doesn't exists.
 See also
|Detective Conan in Other Countries|
|North America||USA & Canada|
|Europe||France • Spain • Italy • Germany|
|Middle East||Arab World|
|Southeast Asia||Philippines • Thailand • Vietnam|
|East Asia||Korea • Japan|