Detective Conan World
Sign in to follow this  
Maurice

Umm, hello! :P

I just realized that I never properly introduced myself haha. Maybe because at the time this site was created (not too long ago) I was the only member on the forum. :D

So here goes:

My name's Maurice. I actually got one or two questions about whether I'm a girl or a boy because they never saw such a name before. Sooo, I guess I'll make it clear here once and for all: I'm a guy! =)

And Maurice is quite a popular French name actually. And yes, I do speak French (aaaand also have French blood in me).

I'm 26 and working as a Web developer at the moment. I've been creating sites for the longest time.. As you should normally have guessed by now, I'm a pretty big fan of the series! :P

I've tried finding websites and resources about this show on the net before but they were either limited or always scattered in many little different places. Hence, why I thought it would be awesome to create a real central resource on the net dedicated to this great and awesome show that is Detective Conan! And you guessed it: that's when Detective Conan World was born and officially launched on April 11th, 2009.

I still have so many ambitious goals for this site that I can barely think of them all right now. But I will only be focusing on them following a prioritized list of tasks I've set up. I just think it's best to be organized and finish and polish properly each of the project than release an half-baked feature. It just wouldn't be tasty, right? ^^

Anyway, I'm also a big Anime/Manga fan. You can see some of my favorites ones in the Anime and Manga forums. I also love sport, mainly soccer!

Ok, I think that's about it for now. :)

I hope you guys are having a great time here! Don't forget to always have fun! :P

• Upvote 1

I actually know someone personally with the name Maurice--and that person's a she, hence my first assumption was that you're a girl, but then this is the internet, so I quickly threw that assumption away. Haha. Turns out I was wrong--my detective skills are awful. D:

Anyways, if I haven't told you how much potential this site has to be that one resource for all things Detective Conan, I'm telling you now. I really hope to see this site become that, and hopefully, contribute a few things on the way there! :D

I'm not sure if this question has already popped up around here in the forums, but I just wanted to ask: how did you first come across Conan? I'm pretty sure there's a thread around here somewhere about that, but my internet connection is acting up and I was curious. :D

Let's see.. It was sometime in 2005 (or 2006) when I was reading a forum where people posted about their favorite anime/mangas. Then, I saw the name "Detective Conan" come up. Since I like science in general (I majored in Computer Science at university after all), I thought it would be really interesting to witness and/or be part of reasoning or deduction processes. With the word "detective" in the title, it was clear that it had this level of reasoning and thinking and had to do with mystery, scientific demonstrations, etc..

So, I thought "hey, why not"?

That's when I started watching the series and indeed got hook up almost instantly. :D