Detective Conan World
Scar Akai

If Shinichi got his old body back...

If he were to regain his body back, how will he

-catch up in his studies

-retake the national tests(we know that they had a History exam at vol 35 and a national mock exam at vol36 which means that she should've taken the national exams soon after that )

-etc.

Will he need to stay at that grade when all his friends will be promoted to the next level as he didn't take the tests which will make his marks 0 as national tests cannot be retaken unless there is something very important. Let's discuss the possibilities of anything including his explanation to Ran and all that here.

Let me first remind everyone that DC, like many other animated TV shows, uses something called a "floating timeline" where characters always stay at the same age regardless of how many years have passed by in real life. In the US, there is a cartoon series called "The Simpsons" where the main characters have stayed in the same elementary school grade levels (4 and 2) despite the series going through four different US presidents (41 through 44).

On the other hand, if the issue of Shinichi's studies were to be addressed, I would consider giving him an honorary diploma/degree upon learning of what he went through.

Yea! He should at his get himself into university... He can still choose a subject which will let him l earn about things related Τ☺ being detectives. Like type of poisons, etc.

I don't think he needs to study. :grin:

He's very smart. :-P

But the only thing for sure is,

He will propose to Ran. :rolleyes:

YES YES HE WILL HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAAHAHAHHAHAAHA okay on topic I am pretty sure Gosho made a frozen timeline so that when Shinchi goes back to his normal life nothing would change he'll go to school like if nothing happened

Yes... I guess that aoyama will do that type of lame ending. As if no time have passed... And all the exams that he have missed won't be taken into considerate at all

Yes... I guess that aoyama will do that type of lame ending. As if no time have passed... And all the exams that he have missed won't be taken into considerate at all

Exactly. It has nothing to do with detective stuff...

even in real life you can just retake the exams!

As far as I know one of the exams he missed was a moshi-exam. Those are exams high schoolers take (or the high school makes them take) in order to get used to how college entrance exams are. They don't count towards anyone's grades (I think that varies by schools though), plus Shinichi's still a second year High Schooler, he's got one more schoolyear left and that schoolyear is when exams really count. I think he'd go back to normal by then though.

even in real life you can just retake the exams!

But those tests we are talking about are those exams that you take together with all other schools which is a country exam. If you miss it , you can't retake it unless it's the fault of the examination center...

Point taken, but still, he did go to school, it takes an education to be a police-officer

Wasn't Mouri a police-officer, then a detective after an *spoiler*incident?

If he were to regain his body back, how will he-catch up in his studies-retake the national tests(we know that they had a History exam at vol 35 and a national mock exam at vol36 which means that she should've taken the national exams soon after that )-etc.Will he need to stay at that grade when all his friends will be promoted to the next level as he didn't take the tests which will make his marks 0 as national tests cannot be retaken unless there is something very important. Let's discuss the possibilities of anything including his explanation to Ran and all that here.

The stuff Shinichi missed out on will hit him like a load of bricks. That won't be good, not at all.

It'd be chaos as everyone tries to get him caught up while he'd took years of elementary education.

Heck, that wouldn't be bad. That'd be fun to watch!

And then his secret would get out. After all, how wouldn't it get out?

And Hattori will tease him...

Ran will kill him (for the hot spring incident and more...)

Heck, that'd be fun to watch too!

But those tests we are talking about are those exams that you take together with all other schools which is a country exam. If you miss it , you can't retake it unless it's the fault of the examination center...

no thats incorrect you can i was really sick one day and it was the day we were taking the CST(California standards test)which is a state exam and I retook it the next day with more than 30 people.

no thats incorrect you can i was really sick one day and it was the day we were taking the CST(California standards test)which is a state exam and I retook it the next day with more than 30 people.

You can do the same with most U.S statewide tests. That happened to me with the (see spoiler cause I don't like giving information of my current location).

The thing is, is it the same with Japanese nationwide tests?

CSAP (Now why did I even tell you?)

You can do the same with most U.S statewide tests. That happened to me with the (see spoiler cause I don't like giving information of my current location).

The thing is, is it the same with Japanese nationwide tests?

CSAP (Now why did I even tell you?)

lol so what are they gonna do? "you missed the test you can't retake it"df13952b.gif why!?! efb50fe2.gif

because I controlled you're mind th_092_.gif haha don't worry I won't come and kidnap you th_114_.gif

Don't you have nationwide tests in USA? it's been years since i took the national tests, and I didn't dare miss them, but if I remember correctly one of my friends did and she just had to take them later, but I think there is a deadline. I don't know if the rules are the same in Japan, however in Shinichi's case it wouldn't surprise me if it's never addressed, maybe we'll see a funny scene with him sitting behind a mountain of homework.

Don't you have nationwide tests in USA? it's been years since i took the national tests, and I didn't dare miss them, but if I remember correctly one of my friends did and she just had to take them later, but I think there is a deadline. I don't know if the rules are the same in Japan, however in Shinichi's case it wouldn't surprise me if it's never addressed, maybe we'll see a funny scene with him sitting behind a mountain of homework.

nope we don't have national tests because each state has different standards and different books etc. but we have state tests and the fun thing is that the test doesn't count as part of your grade its only to decide what class you're going to have next year for example

if you get a professional score in the math test you would have honors algebra

if you get less than that you would have algebra

and if you fail or barely pass you would have algebra readiness so almost 80% of the students in my school don't even care about the CST because it doesn't effect their grade

Like the *CSAP* I mentioned before.

And yes, that would be funny.

Like the *CSAP* I mentioned before.

And yes, that would be funny.

isn't that a state exam? nation exam means that the whole country takes the same exam so the CSAP isn't a nation exam because they only have it in Colorado, right?

isn't that a state exam? nation exam means that the whole country takes the same exam so the CSAP isn't a nation exam because they only have it in Colorado, right?

Come to think of it...yeah. huh.gif How'd that happen?

I think there is a nationwide test in the U.S, it's name just doesn't come to mind.

Come to think of it...yeah. huh.gif How'd that happen?

I think there is a nationwide test in the U.S, it's name just doesn't come to mind.

no there isn't just like I said before every state has different books different standards etc.

in some states studying is easier than other states so we can't have the same test if we haven't studied the same things

nope we don't have national tests because each state has different standards and different books etc. but we have state tests and the fun thing is that the test doesn't count as part of your grade its only to decide what class you're going to have next year for example

if you get a professional score in the math test you would have honors algebra

if you get less than that you would have algebra

and if you fail or barely pass you would have algebra readiness so almost 80% of the students in my school don't even care about the CST because it doesn't effect their grade

It doesn't effect your grades? when i was in... I don know what to call it since I'm not familiar with your school system but anyway, I was 16 and i had a very good score on the English parts of the national tests, so I basically went from the lowest grade to the highest. It doesn't seem very nice of them to give you a test if you can't raise your grades by taking it.