Detective Conan World

There were loads of episodes that got to me for various reasons.

One of the earlier ones with the Moonlight Sonata song where Conan was unable to save the suspect.

The episode where Akemi was killed was another one that got to me a bit... not full blown tears but a few.

There are more, I'm sure that I'm forgetting because it's been quite a while since I saw 1-490 and I'm no doubt missing a lot of episodes that "got to me" for instance there was the one where Conan had been shot helping the kids and Ran knew they had the same blood type. The Desperate Revival got me some too... then part of the Vermouth arc where Ran protected Ai.

Going more recent... when Akai Shuichi "died" got me real good. I'd gotten attached to him in the short time he was there.

There is the set of episodes where a prior case came back and where someone got their face changed to be exactly like Shinichi's for revenge and that got to me because the whole misunderstanding but everything pilling up... everyone trying to help him, Ran feeling lost, etc.

Now the episodes had a way harder time getting to me, I'll tell you that one. The movies, on the other hand, I think I cried at least once for all of them. Even during the re-watches it still gets to me especially The Quarter of Silence one.

Episode 37 when Noriko is on her way to kill the couple which is responsible for her fiancé’s death. Also, when Conan goes up to the roof with all the cactus and tells her that her fiancé is living through those flowers.

Episode 345, the entire scene when Ran throws herself on Haibara to protect her and Vermouth is unable to shoot Angel for she has saved her life.

Episode 304 When Takagi asks Conan about his identity and Conan says that he will tell him – in the other world.

Episode 471 when Kogoro and Ran are alone in the car and Kogoro apologizes to Ran for putting her life in danger.

Episode 42 when Ran thinks Shinichi is back and she storms into the Karaoke box.

Episode 421 when Agasa’s first love is about to drive away and he yells that he still loves the colour of Gingko.

Maybe a little off the topic, but the ending of movie 1, when Ran is disarming the bomb and does not know whether to cut the blue or the red wire and Shinichi tells her to follow her intuition. If she’s wrong, they will die together. Also, when Conan asks her, why she didn’t cut the red wire and Ran replies that she couldn’t cut the red wire as it is her connection to Shinichi.

[spoiler alert]

Episode 11 - there was a man who killed all his family members , put fire to his house and played Beethoven's Moonlight Sorata in the flames. I was touched by the story behind and the end [heartbreaking] 

Episode 18 - Shinichi's and Ran's teacher was getting married to her fated lover from her childhood but wasn't aware of it. They shared Lemon Tea which was the 'weapon' to attempt murder, it was sad somewhat as the groom was about to kill his beloved bride. Even though it ended in on a good tone. [sad]

Episode 26 - John ( a dog), used by his master to kill [My heart was squeezing]

Episode 42 - A rock band decided to go to karaoke. Sonoko, Ran and Conan were invited. The vocalist was known to be bad-tempered and was murdered by his ex-lover who thought that he no longer loved her. She changed her look for him but he didn't appreciate the thought of her changing herself for him. The main singer (the one who died) was in fact waiting for her; waiting for her to 'come back'. [eye tearing]

Episode 121 - Kogorou-san bought a ticket for Yoko's concert and lost it. A woman propose to him to take her extra ticket and went back home to fetch it. They found her younger sister bleeding from her wrist in the sealed bathroom. The older sister seems to have misunderstood her sister's behaviour by imitating her and even thought that she stole her boyfriend. When at the end she knows the truth, she start shouting and crying. [My first episode of DC that made me actually cry]

Episode 128 - Haibara's sister. On the next episode we actually know it was Haibara's sister which made it more dramatic. The BO was looking for the key of a locker which was with Haibara's sister (Akemi Miyano). At the end she was killed by Gin and Vodka.

Episode 166-168 - It's about an american boy who fell in love with Misa. Since none of them knew how to speak the other's language, it was difficult to communicate fully. At the end of the case we understood how a misunderstanding lead to this misfortune case. It was really heart breaking at the end when the truth is revealed. [cried] 

Episode 172-173 - Sonoka,Ran and Conan when to Ice skate and met a group of friends. One of them is found dead in the bathroom. [a little heartbreaking]

Episode 180-181 - A couple invited some friend at home for diner. The wife called Mouri to a stalker case but as the case goes on, a murder occur. It was the ex-lover of the wife who is found dead in the 'library'. We discovered that he wrote a song for her and that her ex was always singing to ease wounded heart. [tearing]

Episode 238-239 - Conan's football idol was opening a hotel/restaurant together with other athletes. A murder occurs and Shinichi refused to admit that the one he admired so much was the one who killed that person. It was sad to see that Shinichi was kind of hurt and down by it. [not teary though]

Episode 249-250 - Yoko (a tv star) invited  Kogorou Mouri, Ran and Conan to a friend's dinner wedding. The friend in question was found in her bath unconscious. The one responsible tried to kill herself. She was in love with her friend's 'lover' and was jealous of their engagement. [sad and emphasise on the power of friendship] 

Episode 304 - One of the saddest episode I watched. It was about Satou's previous lover. He died in his duty (I won't give any more details, go and watch ^_^ )
[ I cried a river :$ ]

Episode 361-362 - Happen in Teitan High School where a certain ghost rumour arose. After much investigation Conan reveal the truth (through Sonoko) about a sad friendship and the guilt that his friends were carrying. [sad, teary]

Episode 504 - I really hated the emotion that the author tried to bring. He present a character and when you start to love him, he died. Akai Shuichi (one of my favourite character). I kind of knew that this was coming from previous episodes, the paste that the case was going. I still can't digest the fact that he is no longer here (we will see in further episodes what they will bring "I won't spoil you :3 ). It was very heart breaking when Jodie Sensei get the news about Shuichi [Cried a lot] After this episode I didn't want to continue to watch, I was both disgusted and heartbroken. (spoiler) The DC team will actually raise your hope up and will eventually throw cold water again on you. But I really hope that what I'm doubting will actually come true. I'm still at 735 and there are still many episodes to come, I just hope that what I am thinking will happen. 

Episode 513-514 - It was about a man covering for the murder and suicide of his beloved one. It was heartbreaking

Episode 667-668 - It was about Kogoro's old friend who is getting married the next day. The bride was found in the flaming car in the parking. with much investigation, they discovered that they were actually fated to meet but not to be together. A very heartbreaking story where an impossible love was destroyed forever. (I will not spoil, just watch :) )  [cried a lot]

I'm actually at 735 and between 668 and now, there are still episodes that I haven't written the episode number yet.

I will watch watch until round 800 and then continue my list ^_^

P.S: this is my personal list of episodes which I found heartbreaking and sad. :) if you haven't watch any episode (if you skipped or missed), do go through them :)

Episode 37 when Noriko is on her way to kill the couple which is responsible for her fiancé’s death. Also, when Conan goes up to the roof with all the cactus and tells her that her fiancé is living through those flowers.

Episode 345, the entire scene when Ran throws herself on Haibara to protect her and Vermouth is unable to shoot Angel for she has saved her life.

Episode 304 When Takagi asks Conan about his identity and Conan says that he will tell him – in the other world.

Episode 471 when Kogoro and Ran are alone in the car and Kogoro apologizes to Ran for putting her life in danger.

Episode 42 when Ran thinks Shinichi is back and she storms into the Karaoke box.

Episode 421 when Agasa’s first love is about to drive away and he yells that he still loves the colour of Gingko.

Maybe a little off the topic, but the ending of movie 1, when Ran is disarming the bomb and does not know whether to cut the blue or the red wire and Shinichi tells her to follow her intuition. If she’s wrong, they will die together. Also, when Conan asks her, why she didn’t cut the red wire and Ran replies that she couldn’t cut the red wire as it is her connection to Shinichi.

I totally agree with you.

That Episode 304 :( was really sad, I even thought that it will actually end for them (even though I knew the protagonist cannot die) :/

That movie <3 I cried at that part :$ though I know they can't die xD

Shinichi stayed there <3 very touching scene

The OVA where Conan sees the future if he stays as himself is really the only one for me. I'm not too emotional about things like this in general, but that one got to me the first time I saw it. 

I would have to say episode 667 and 668 Wedding eve. It was so tragic. I mean I knew someone was going to die in the show, but I didn't know it was going to make me cry so much. Conan even said this will be a tragic case, but I didn't think it would be so sad.

Spoilers for my opinion of the episode so if you haven't watch this don't read it. Thank you. ^-^

Spoiler

Hatsume killed herself because she found out Raita was her twin brother. It was sad knowing they both love each other  and yet they can't be together. Hatsume could've told him, but I think she was truly happy what she had and wanted to die happy of what she had. I watch it again and I just don't think I can keep myself from not crying so yeah.