Detective Conan World
Southpaw

forum spam bots

I'm with Southpaw. In general, I believe that a few more moderators are definitely necessary for this forum now. Especially since it's beginning to increase in size. More moderators means more of a chance of spam being removed quicker. Also, I think that if you haven't done so yet, I would suggest beginning to ban these accounts. Because if you don't, they only make more, and more, and more...

Yeah, unfortunately spam bots are becoming smarter and smarter and have been infecting so many different forum platforms. I've made a bit of research about possible solutions to at least block them a bit. I might be trying some forum add-ons very soon to filter out any possible bot upon registration.

And yup, I've been banning all spam accounts since the very beginning (just before deleting their spam posts). And I've also been thinking for a while now about eventually getting some moderators. The community is indeed increasing in size, which is cool. =)

I'll keep you guys updated!

I have been seeing an uptick of these. They say something not Conan specific like "I'm new to your forum." "Thanks for the info" "I'm interested in what you have to say" and then they give several spam links. Do NOT click on the links because they may lead to virus sites. If you see any of them, flag them as spammers so they can't post without review and tell me or one of the other mods about them.

• Upvote 1

I have been seeing an uptick of these. They say something not Conan specific like "I'm new to your forum." "Thanks for the info" "I'm interested in what you have to say" and then they give several spam links. Do NOT click on the links because they may lead to virus sites. If you see any of them, flag them as spammers so they can't post without review and tell me or one of the other mods about them.

How do we flag them?

I was wondering if in these scenarios, do we report them or just notify the mods?