Detective Conan World
Sign in to follow this  
Kikonen

Manga Anime correspondence

Hi guys,

I am a big fan of Detective Conan (the anime series) and I am thinking about buying some mangas so I was wondering if you could help me with two little questions:

-Is the manga series very different to the anime?

-I am currently on chapter 414 of the anime, could someone help me to know to what volume/chapter on the manga corresponds?

Thanks a lot guys!

1. The manga is the original story. The anime includes the original story, but also has AO's too (Filler) unrelated to the main plot.

2. If you mean episode 414, then it's not from the manga. It's an AO.

Hi guys,

I am a big fan of Detective Conan (the anime series) and I am thinking about buying some mangas so I was wondering if you could help me with two little questions:

-Is the manga series very different to the anime?

-I am currently on chapter 414 of the anime, could someone help me to know to what volume/chapter on the manga corresponds?

Thanks a lot guys!

The manga series is the same with the exception of the plot related episodes before episode 128.

Also many of the manga chapters were aired as anime episodes in a different order up until that same point.

Episode 414 of the anime is an anime original episode. While the anime follows the same plot line and has the same story line

content, the anime contains many "original" episodes written by anime staff and not by the manga author.

If you want to pick up the manga at around the same point, you will want to start at around Volume 48

Alternatively you may want to start a few volumes earlier because sometimes the anime staff do wait a while for 

certain cases to get animated, for example a case from Volume 48 is episodes 415-417 and a case from Volume 40 is episodes 421-422

Just check out the Wiki lists

http://www.detectiveconanworld.com/wiki/Anime

http://www.detectiveconanworld.com/wiki/Manga

Thank you veeery much guys!! You have been really helpfull!

Just one last question. I have seen that in the English version (at least the eeuu one) the names are horribly changed (Shinichi is Jimmy, Ran is Rachel...WTF!) so, do you know if there are other english versions with the original names? I don't know if I can cope with a detective called "Jimmy" Kudo...xD

Thank you veeery much guys!! You have been really helpfull!

Just one last question. I have seen that in the English version (at least the eeuu one) the names are horribly changed (Shinichi is Jimmy, Ran is Rachel...WTF!) so, do you know if there are other english versions with the original names? I don't know if I can cope with a detective called "Jimmy" Kudo...xD

The official English release of the manga (by VIZ media) does keep the English names. If you want to read the manga with the original names, you'll have to read fan scanlations.

The English manga is also only up to V56 (57 comes out in January) so at some point, if you want to catch up that is, you'll have to read the fan scanlations anyways. The English release of the manga is currently 31 volumes behind Japan.