Detective Conan World
SamKel.

Who does Shinichi need more, Ran or Shiho?

I would say haibara, especially in terms of solving cases. In many instances, she was the one who gave Conan an approach, or clue to a case (even though it might have been an accident and she didn't even know how she helped out) which helped Conan deduce who the culprit was. Moreover, Conan could actually discuss the case to her and he'd end up solving the case. For ran, he'd probably just waste all of his time explaining his theory and getting her to understand it instead of concluding the case. I'm not saying ran isn't smart, she is a pretty smart lady, but compared to haibara, I think she's pretty far off. 

Of course, I must admit that Ran's bad ass karate skills are on point, and could be much help when fighting against criminals. But there aren't a lot of times when the criminal is so aggressive and plus ran gets scared easily so...

Haibara may lack in physical strength (except for knowing how to use a gun) but she can win in a battle of wits. Shinichi isn't a bad fighter so she could be the one who distracts the criminal while Shinichi goes from behind and take him down or sth like that.

Another thing is that haibara knows how to 'ground' Conan, by poking holes in his huge ego and making him learn to accept that other peoples opinion may be different to his. 

Whilst ran just keeps on making Shinichis heart race and face blush, which isn't much help for him to become a grounded detective. 

The detective boys treat Conan and Ai like their little parents. Conan can rely on haibara to take care of them when he needs to solve cases in private, which suggests that Conan trusts Haibara and that she isn't just some sort of useless girl who depends on others.  Of course, if ran was in haibaras position, she would do a good job in caring for the detective boys so I'm not dissing ran in this argument.

I understand why some people would choose ran for this, and I'm not saying that haibara is the 'right' respond to this question, I'm just putting my own opinion out there. 

• Upvote 1

Shiho and Shinichi personally, should totally be together, seeing Ran and shinichi for me, doesn't really fit as much as seeing Shiho and Shinichi.

It's really weird that shinichi even likes Ran since they're childhood friends while Shiho is such a perfect match for him. there's no one more perfect to Shiho than Shinichi

• Upvote 1

I pick shiho/haibara bc 

1. She is creator of the drug

2. She'll be better help on a case (what @VVN2004 said)

3. The two learn from each other

I also think shiho and shinichi would be the legit couple of the show. I personally don't favor childhood sweetheart too much, it makes people think that two is destined to be together. Shiho and shinichi is, as people on the forum has said, the more realistic couple

• Upvote 1

I think that Shiho can actually help Shinichi since Ran has the tendency to flinch whenever she sees a knife or a gun. While Shiho does the same, she can easily recover and can even use the gun well. She understands Shinichi to such a point that they can even communicate silently, knowing what the other already has in mind. In comparison though, Shiho more on relies on Shinichi's physical presence while Ran relies on his emotional presence. Although I want to tell Haibara in response to her line "I am just a shark looming around the ocean floor. What am I in comparison to the dolphin, the favorite of the sea?" that Shinichi is a detective, and detectives, "They can smell the faintest trace of blood. Their ears are even sharper, allowing them to hear frequencies as low as 40 hertz from 2 km away. They approach using their sense of smell, determine their prey's exact location with their electric fields, and attack. They head to the crime scene when they smell blood. They use all their senses to find the culprit. They tear into their prey and never let go, with the sharp teeth known as Evidence. That is a Detective." You can probably guess, that They are sharks. And by the law of science that Shiho must know well, only members of the same species may come together and mate. Since she is a shark, and Shinichi is a detective, who is a shark as well, doesn't that make them a perfect match? Even if the dolphin is the favorite of the sea, the dolphin and the shark are enemies and cannot come together. Thus, Shinichi and Shiho, are a perfect match. Such is my reasoning.