Detective Conan World

Jodie's father, who was and FBI agent himself, had a profile on Vermouth until it was burned along w/ his house and his body. The only that survived along w/ Jodie was his glasses that had Vermouth's fingerprints on them when she had intended to put them on him to make his death not look like murder and the prints would've been destroyed had Jodie not appeared at the time she did and forced Vermouth into a situation where it would've been awkward had Vermouth not given the glasses to Jodie.

• Upvote 1

The only way I can think of is the time when Jodie was a kid and Vermouth came to her house. Maybe she tried to track them down ever since?

in your spoilers. what is the third one with conan and heiji..?? which episode?

in your spoilers. what is the third one with conan and heiji..?? which episode?

That's at the tail end of episode 711-Everybody Saw Part 2. One of the great "Aw Man!" moments of the series. He wants to, but he knows that he shouldn't.

Jodie's father was tracking the BO down before he got killed by Vermouth. So we know FBI discovered the existence of BO over 20 years ago. Unless Jodie's father didn't report it to FBI and was secretly collecting information. 

In my view,not all agent that doing their mission will not leave traces behind..

Elite rank agent such as gin or if gin himself is the one who lead the mission,will not do this mistakes to leave a simple particular evidence .we can see from the Itakura case,when conan face to face with vodka,if gin is not there,vodka fingerprints and saliva will be send for further investigation..and not to forget if not for gin,their hidings also might be exposed because conan attached a following device also.

Vermouth also have done a mistakes in the past by not killing jodie,plus she left her fingerprints also by touching jodie's father spectacles with bare hand.

So,there might be a lot of other mission that was not reveal to us that other BO agent might do the same mistakes.

Just some random thoughts

Here's an interesting theory. If Jodie-sensei's father was FBI, what if James Black was his partner? His age would be about right. This would explain Black being so protective and fatherly toward her. It would also explain why he is so deeply involved in the hunt for the Organization, carrying on the legacy of his fallen partner and friend. And even if Jodie-sensei's dad never reported his investigation to his FBI superiors as Alyssa225 suggested, he probably would have mentioned something to his partner, who would certainly have noticed him conducting a private, off the books investigation. So, even if he didn't know everything Jodie-sensei's father had discovered, he would have known a little bit. Add to that Jodie's witness statement following her father's murder, and he would almost certainly have begun investigating on his own after that. In the intervening 20 years, he could have learned a great deal. So, what do you guys think of this theory?

My biggest question about the FBI is, why, if the hunt for the Organization is not an official operation, did Black have so many agents at his disposal in the Red and Black arc? Jodie-sensei is involved because she wants to take down the people behind her father's death. If my theory about James Black is right, then we know his reasons as well. Camel is involved because he owes it to Akai after blowing his cover. And I believe that Akai has his own personal reasons for going after the Organization (that's a whole different theory that I won't go into here). Are we to believe that every one of those agents had some personal grudge against the Organization? Or that the FBI allows their senior agents to call out numerous agents overseas outside their jurisdiction with no explanation for some private (And illegal) investigation? But if it's not one of those two things, why else would they all be there?

10 hours ago, AnimeOtakuDrew said:

My biggest question about the FBI is, why, if the hunt for the Organization is not an official operation

Isn't it because they aren't supposed to have agents operating freely in a foreign country? That's why they have to tell the Japanese police that they are just there on vacation. Also with it being unofficial, the US can always claim that they never sanctioned it and were unaware of the actions of their agents. Kind of the same idea behind the concept of NOC, like with Kir. 

On Monday, September 19, 2016 at 1:07 AM, Jimmy-kud0-tv2 said:

Isn't it because they aren't supposed to have agents operating freely in a foreign country? That's why they have to tell the Japanese police that they are just there on vacation. Also with it being unofficial, the US can always claim that they never sanctioned it and were unaware of the actions of their agents. Kind of the same idea behind the concept of NOC, like with Kir. 

I understand that is is an unofficial operation, that isn't the question. My question is why, since it is unofficial, does Black have so many agents working with him on it? If it is truly unofficial, there should only be a few, specifically the ones that have some personal connection to the case.