Detective Conan World
tengaku squared

DCW IRL Round 12: Distant Reflections Seen Nearby

@Moho did you just do what I thought you did?

@Ari how can you "not feel nothing" about Alita's death when you weren't there?

@Everyone boring thinking ahead

Iyana was on the white floor of the Rift, bandaging the wound on her heel from the metal spires. She had dived to her right when they appeared, but one got her. She tied the cloth used to tie the Swiss Army knife to her body to bandage it.

She gazed sadly at the wood splinters and metal that used to be her weapon. The arrow too had crumbled into nothing from Aero's yellow energy waves. Now she was weaponless.

How stupid of me! Chaos is confusion, so she was confusing us into working against Joshua! she scolded herself. She almost believed Aero, comparing Joshua to the gods in Greek myth: sending mortal heroes into their battles and taking all the credit. But Aero had attacked, and Joshua disappeared.

Fight poison with poison Alita had said at The Twelve Kirin Cafe. While that coffee wasn't poisonous, it was true. So could she use that concept? But how could she confuse confusion? She looked at her companions, some writhing from their injuries from the metal spires, some who were still staring at Aero. Iyana wondered if they could help her in her plan.

"With pleasure..." said Prem, already ready with his bow and arrow.

He shot it, but as the arrow came close to reaching Aero, she raised her mechanical hand and stopped the Arrow with just her finger.

"Pretty much as expected.. We cant play solo on her, we will have to attack together..!" he said.

"Together, eh?" Iyana said. "Fine, let's go." 

Hesh menacingly laughed, "This is the moment I have waiting for!" He pulled out one of his strange contraptions before saying, "Well let's tear this bitch to pieces, dawg..." 

All of the sudden Alice leaped, kicking the ground, twisting her right fist from beneath her left elbow and used the back of her hand to strike Aero. The Jaeger didn't budge, her mechanical arm halting as it blocked Alice's blow, the clear sound of bones crushing heard by everyone. As Alice pulled away, ripples in air could be seen. Cursing under her breath, the girl said, "This is going to be tough."

"So, anyone have an idea?" Hesh asked. 

Tamsin raised her wooden stick and frowned. "I say we fight this b**** all together and give it our all." Twirling her weapon in her hand, she drew the folding knife from her left pocket. "Despite who we were before all this, now it's our job to take care of this. For Alita, and for those Saisei would destroy..."

"I concur with Tasmin," Misaki said. "We should fight and give it our all."

Hesh retorted, "Forget it! I already know! Even Alta's death didn't make me feel nothing." He aimed his weapon at Aero. "Do you have a last wish? 'Cause this gun can tore your organ. Even your mechanical arm protects you, you're f***ed up for life..." 

"Aw, that makes me feel angry. Human swine like you have no right to look down on me like that!" Aero's mechanical arm began to twist upward, then what appeared to be a fist clenched. When she clenched her fist, a yellow energy wave emitted throughout the Rift. Misaki watched in shock as her sword broke into unusable pieces when the waves hit it. Tears almost started to form from seeing her beloved weapon from Beth crumbled away as if it was fragile glass, but she willed them in. Now wasn't the time to cry. 

"Tear my organs? Huh?!" In a nearly untraceable move, Aero suddenly appeared right in front of Hesh and used her mechanical arm and slammed into him, sending him flying. Her mechanical arm then drove into the ground, causing metal spires to come up from the ground. The armored girl leaped out of the way and managed to only get away with a gash. As quickly as they came, the spikes vanished, only leaving behind the wounds some people in the group suffered. Aero pulled her arm out of the ground.

"Is that all you got?! Just because you beat Moto doesn't mean s**t! I am nothing like Moto! I'm no cheap rabbit-hat magician! I'm the embodiment of chaos itself!" The Jaeger pointed at Joshua with her regular arm. "Look at him! Always hiding behind weak humans and taking all the glory of their labor! Don't you realize what's going on?! The angels are all corrupt, all high and mighty. Why bother helping him, he's leaving you to die!"

No one moved as she jumped into the sky. Her mechanical arm pointing straight downward, she laid a devastating blow on Joshua. When she landed and her fist returned to her side, Joshua disappeared. "Psych. I'm not like SAISEI. I can't manipulate people as easy as he does. But that wasn't so hard, was it?"

(Should we end this round?)

Hesh feel to the white ground. He then weakly stood up. He then leers at Aero, "You're worst than a dishonorable scum. Worst than my companion there. Well, action have consequences... You hit me, and I'll hit you back for that..."

With the Mighty punch on Joshua, Prem went numb...

He almost fell to the Rift by amazement... "Did she just..!?" wide eyes expressed the feeling of helplessness...

"You Bitch..!" Prem started running towards Aero, his anger could have blown up a volcano at the moment... Aiming the arrow he shot at Aero... But calmly, Aero stopped it easily but this time there was a bright small light and the arrow followed back it's trajectory...

The Arrow was racing towards Prem, somehow trying his best to dodge the arrow he fell to the ground but the arrow was still able to give a deep cut to his right arm...

Prem got up as soon as possible but according to Aero's speed it was already too late... Her punch reached out to Prem's stomach and Prem went crashing for almost 20 meters...

"This is not fair, Two angels die protecting us... Avenge is must... " said to himself as he tried to get up groaning in pain...

[the time I got beat up, you guys CAN do something at her back and surprise Aero... Do anything except a cake surprise... -.-' ]

(Should we end this round?)

NO

@Premium- I'm going to do something stupid, but it might work.

Iyana had pieced together a plan. She just sighed and lied down like she was bored, gazing at the whiteness of the Rift. Aero had turned around from her attack on Prem, and her eyes fixed on Iyana.

Time, Iyana,she told herself. Aero started talking, but she blocked out the sound. She would confuse her again and make her doubt herself. "Well, your words won't help me survive, or feed me. But that's what you don't want, right?" she said.

"As a survivalist, I don't care about objects that don't help me survive. And that includes your words." She added. She was probably signing her death warrant here, but she had to gamble. Aero had destroyed their weapons, so her only weapon left was her wits.

She crossed her arms. "Deafeating Moto means something. Only one of us defeated him. But there are seven of us. Ah, the things that we could do!" The others were gaping at her like she was crazy, but she kept on going.

Aero's Achilles' heel, she figured, was hubris, extreme pride. She could confuse people and make them doubt themselves, so the best weapon was to show confidence, to show that her power wasn't working. But she could be wrong.

She couldn't turn back now. Her eyes flashed with a message: Just go along . She fingered her body bag, thinking about an object in there that could be used.

(I thought about this for a long time, but this crazy idea was the best idea)

((Sorry I'm late. My computer's still crap, so I can only add a short turn for now.))

So Aero had seen the way she'd taunted her... But rather than unnerving the Jaeger, it gave her an annoyed air. As her weapons crumbled in her hands, Tamsin gave a start, dropping the useless yellow metal. Hesh was slammed hard in return for his angry words. Spear-sharp spires of black shot up from the stark white of the rift floor,  rising from beneath the fighters with what wasn't quite deadly accuracy. Aero wasn't trying to eliminate anyone. She was toying with them, showing off to prove that she could do as she pleased against her powerless enemies.

Leaping back to avoid a spike that burst from the floor in front of her, Tamsin was caught off balance by a second spire that rushed from the left and ran through her upper arm, sending her reeling to the opposite side. The woman rolled as she dropped, careful not to land on the arm that was bleeding heavily. With a curse, she tore the flannel shirt from over her tanktop, cringing at the sight of blood and bone. The blue-haired woman stood quickly, tying the sleeved shirt around her now all but useless limb with her teeth and right hand. Wrapping the dangling sleeves around the back, she took the yellow tie from her ponytail and let her short hair fall, using the hairtie to secure the sleeves in a second knot. She was already losing feeling in her fingers, and figured the nerve damage would make her makeshift tourniquet necessary. Then the rift disappeared.

She saw a knife flashing, and the dripping red again, but this time clearer. The pocket knife in her pocket, the one not fortified for the rift, hadn't been her own. She'd taken it after a brawl. That last one, when her partner had been shot. Tamsin remembered the searing pain in her head as she'd wrenched the knife away. She knew why she'd grown her bangs out, and dyed her hair blue, her partner's favorite color. History wasn't going to repeat itself. No comrades would die beside her this time. 

Tamsin let out a sigh as she broke from the thoughts, brushing her bangs back out of her face to reveal stitched eyelids where her formerly-covered eye should have been. There had been a crystal in the hairtie... That was the source of her discomfort. And now that she remembered more about her life, she wasn't going to stand down... The woman with a steel-grey glare looked to Iyana, whom everyone seemed to be staring at for a moment. She was taunting Aero, showing confidence and faith. Just as it should be. "Seven... they used to say it was a lucky number," Tam added, clutching her left arm, "But with us it's more about how all of us together are more powerful than you. Human spirits are strange things; they have fears, needs, and humility, but also courage, compassion, and strength. Seven humans, and only one Jaeger? Your odds are cut for every one of us."

Hesh told Tamsin, "And one thing, conscience..." He used his Glock 18 in tandem with the now-useless yellow crystal. His wounds isn't worth the damn. "And you'll get a torture worse than death. Seven isn't a lucky number... but Three Leaf Clover."

Way too confusing, and too contradictory. I will retcon this post out of existence. Thank you.

^Thanks Moho.

So Tasmin had gone along with her plan. She inwardly smiled. She really needed all the help she could get with her crazy plan.

"Swine, huh?" Iyana said, her arms crossed. "Well, swine couldn't have defeated SAISEi, right? So certainly these swine can defeat you, a lesser being." This time, Aero attacked, whacking her mechanical hand in the floor and releasing a spray of bullets. But she had anticipated it. She quickly leaped to the side, bullets wreaking havoc all over. Two had grazed her other leg, the one not hurt by the metal spires, and this made it hard to stand.

Bits and pieces of memories came running through her mind. She felt the same pain, while a battle ensued, 4 boys and one girl fighting against...were those Shadows? She was sitting on a white surface, shivering as she lit a match. And that same, horrible memory of running down a white hallway.

Her first thought was right. She had been here before. Shd stood up shakily, both of her legs howling in pain. She pointed at Aero. "Stop toying with us! This won't end up unhappily like last time!"

Five years ago, Iyana was picked by Aero to be one of the possible humans to free SAISEI because of her young and vulnerable mind. With 4 boys and 1 girl, the Tasmin-lookalike, she battled Shadows, but relied more on her companions for defense. When only her and the other girl remained, they were chased down by an army led by Aero. Her plan was to defeat one of them and let the other one bethe cause of SAISEI's rise. The other girl chose to battle the incoming army and let Iyana free. In that hallway, she was stopped by SAISEI's voice, telling her to submit, but she refused. (See dream at Twelve Kirin Cafe)

When she was back in her technologically-advanced world, she was plagued by nightmares of her experiences in the Rift. She never understood them, and often asked others if they knew. But everyone shunned her, except for a girl named Hana. For 8 short months, they became close friends, Iyana inheriting Hana's love for nature. But when Hana died in a scientific experiment, Iyana found it hard to find friends.

Five years later, she was picked again for her very lonely mind, and that could be an asset to corrupting. But when the environment triggers the hidden memories in her mind, she isn't willing to let history repeat itself.

"Did she just..!?" Prem said, not finishing his sentence. "You b*tch..!"

He started running towards Aero, aiming the arrow and shooting it at the Jaeger. Aero stopped it easily, followed by a bright small light and the arrow followed back its trajectory towards the boy.

"Prem!" Misaki yelled out, unable to get to the boy in time to get him out of the way of the arrow. He managed to dodge it on his own, but gained a gash on his arm in the process.

Prem got up quickly, but Aero's punch slammed into his stomach and sent him back 20 meters. 

The armored girl made her way over to him as fast as possible. "Are you ok?" she asked, helping him up. He nodded.

As they made their way back to the group, Hesh glared at the Jaeger and said, "You're worst than a dishonorable scum. Worst than my companion there. Well, action have consequences... You hit me, and I'll hit you back for that..."

"Well, your words won't help me survive, or feed me. But that's what you don't want, right?" Iyana said suddenly. "As a survivalist, I don't care about objects that don't help me survive. And that includes your words." 

She crossed her arms. "Deafeating Moto means something. Only one of us defeated him. But there are seven of us. Ah, the things that we could do!"

"Seven... they used to say it was a lucky number," Tasmin added, clutching her left arm, "But with us it's more about how all of us together are more powerful than you. Human spirits are strange things; they have fears, needs, and humility, but also courage, compassion, and strength. Seven humans, and only one Jaeger? Your odds are cut for every one of us."

"Swine, huh?" Iyana then said, her arms crossed. "Well, swine couldn't have defeated SAISEi, right? So certainly these swine can defeat you, a lesser being."

This was enough to prompt the Jaeger into attack. Aero whacked her mechanical hand in the floor and releasing a spray of metal pellets-like objects. Misaki moved out of the way, a few piercing her armor and embedding themselves into her left arm but avoiding the rest. The wounds throbbed in pain but it wasn't the worse she'd been through. So she just gritted her teeth and got on her feet.

Iyana stood up shakily, obviously in pain. She pointed at Aero. "Stop toying with us! This won't end up unhappily like last time!"

Last time?

The thought came and went as she focused on the important issue and said, "We're a team after all! And a bundle of sticks won't break as easily as one."

(OK super sorry about not posting, I couldn't get onto the site till now.)

With three of them taunting her, Aero was now slightly shaking with anger. She once again slammed her mechanical hand on the white surface of the Rift. Darkness formed around the impact site, and Shadows came out. It was a grain of sand compared to the army they had fought before, but now they were weaponless.

She slowly backed away as the shades started approaching. Aero's ever-changing eyes were sending a message: You're all words. I don't have time for you. I'll let these Shadows handle you.

(Now I really am a Killjoy person.)

Hesh looked at his bleeding arms. "S***. No time to attack... But I would redeem my harsh behavior with kill Aero. Even it'll cost my life!" He suddenly had a brainstorm, "I'll use ego to gave Aero a messy demise..." He then looked at the broken gun. "Listen up, comrades. I have a plan to take out Aero..."

(I seriously thought this would this be discontinued, shutting down my account in the process. But let's go! Oh, and didn't Aero destroy ALL of our weapons? Why do you still have a gun :/?)

(I seriously thought this would this be discontinued, shutting down my account in the process. But let's go! Oh, and didn't Aero destroy ALL of our weapons? Why do you still have a gun :/?)

(I thought you didn't want to end this round, right?)

^(I didn't want it to end yet. Every good thing has to end, right? I want it to last as long as possible, but if it's stopped for reasons beyond my control, it's okay. And why do you still have a gun?)

^(I didn't want it to end yet. Every good thing has to end, right? I want it to last as long as possible, but if it's stopped for reasons beyond my control, it's okay. And why do you still have a gun?)

(Okay, since there's a lot of inactivity why don't we taking out Aero with an insane way)

With three of them taunting her, Aero was now slightly shaking with anger. She once again slammed her mechanical hand on the white surface of the Rift. Darkness formed around the impact site, and Shadows came out. It was a grain of sand compared to the army they had fought before, but now they were weaponless.

The group slowly backed away as the shades started approaching. Aero's ever-changing eyes were sending a message: You're all words. I don't have time for you. I'll let these Shadows handle you. 

Hesh looked at his bleeding arms. "S***. No time to attack... But I would redeem my harsh behavior with kill Aero. Even it'll cost my life! I'll use ego to gave Aero a messy demise..." He then looked a broken weapon. "Listen up, comrades. I have a plan to take out Aero..."

Suddenly, Misaki remembered she still had her sling and ammo in her bag. Quickly, she rummaged through her bags to find it in pieces. She swore under her breath as she tried to find anything else that could help.

"Okay, what is it?" Iyana asked.

Hesh kept calm despite the life and death situation. "Okay, since that bitch are send some shadows, I have two plan to silenced Aero for life. The easy way, some of you need to take care of the Shadows while the other facing Aero head-on. The hard way is we distracted Aero while I planted some nice 'suprise' on her back. While you clear from her, just say the word and boom. Both of the plan was very risky but it's worth it." He told the other fighters

Hesh suddenly remember something. "Because Aero just wrecked my guns, why don't we use explosive charges to end this madness and her arrogance?" He asked.

Hesh looked at his wounds. He then looked at his fellow fighters, "Did anyone have medicine here? We do this plan, or we died by these souless creatures and a mind-less Aero. It's your choice." He said with a serious tone.

"Okay, since that bitch are send some shadows, I have two plan to silenced Aero for life. The easy way, some of you need to take care of the Shadows while the other facing Aero head-on. The hard way is we distracted Aero while I planted some nice 'suprise' on her back. While you clear from her, just say the word and boom. Both of the plan was very risky but it's worth it," he said. "Because Aero just wrecked my guns, why don't we use explosive charges to end this madness and her arrogance?" 

While Misaki wasn't quite sure what his plans were entailing, she said, "Well, considering we lack other options, I'm open to the plan."

Hesh looked at his wounds before looking at the others. "Did anyone have medicine here? We do this plan, or we died by these souless creatures and a mind-less Aero. It's your choice." 

"Oh!" the armored girl said, quickly moving to grab something from her bag. "I do have some bandages, if those help..."

She passed them out to the group. Looking through her bag a bit more, she found some herbs and liquids. "While I'm not quite sure what these are due to lack of memory, they might be medicine. I suppose it's worth giving them a try, no?"

Hesh grinned at Misaki, "Good... It's the medicine." He looked at the fellow fighter, "Alright, comrade. If anybody has anything to say to one another before the fight, now would be the time because chances are, we may not make it back in one piece..." He said in a serious tone.