Detective Conan World
Sign in to follow this  
Nara-chan

A Collection of Codes

Hi! I just saw the sheer number of code/murder mysteries in the forum games, and here's mine!

WGGAL QKT DN WTLZ YKOTFRL!!!!

Hint: Every time you use DCW, you see this. (EDIT- the key thing to solving the code, I mean)
Enjoy!

-Nara

Basic crypto.

It was fairly obvious from the get-go that this was a letter substitution cipher. In these cases, you'd like to find a few words where you can confidently determine what they actually are. In this case, if we assume that YKOTFRL is friends, we can then use the letters we found and substitute them into other words. So we now have:

WGGAs Qre DN WesZ friends!!!

Hmm, a four-letter word that typically describes friends, and contains "es", I think "best" is the word here. Substitute again:

bGGAs Qre DM best friends!!!

DM is obviously "my", although this won't help us with finding out additional letters...

bGGAs Qre my best friends!!!

The exclamation marks suggest this cipher is a sentence. Assuming bGGAs is the subject, and my best friends is the object, "are" would be the most logical predicate to use in this sentence. After all, we know the subject and object are both plural.

bGGAs are my best friends!!!

No more letters we can find, so now we should draw on what we know about the person who made the cipher. A word that has one set of double letters, and what Nara considers "her best friends", how about books?

books are my best friends!!!

Am I wrong?

• Upvote 2

Yes, Moho, that's correct! +1 for you!

Next up is a variation of the above code.

ZDNCUJTQU KSSF!

(Hint- read the hint of the code above vertically)

Edit- I'll post another one. The hint is the same as the past 2 codes, and the word right.

OQASYORMVR

{ZDNCUJTQU KSSF! (code2)}

It's hard, I do everything.. Caesar cipher (shift26), i read (code/hint) vertically, I looked at the code in the mirror+/upside down - → ↑ ↓ ←,exclude this characters from English alphabet, find words with 9 letters, and 4 letters...etc.

~I think S= O/E, and maybe U=E, so S=O.. =| ????e???e ?oo? |~#

It's took maybe 4 hours . 〜 *sigh*

...we need another hint c: (looks like it's over to get hint (last login last year))... I have some questions▿ .. 

question1: How "tengaku squared" know (YKOTFRL) is "friends"? maybe it might be another word.

question2: "Hint: Every time you use DCW, you see this" see what?

-In fact it was fun...

On 12/23/2013 at 5:16 PM, Nara-chan said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Yes, Moho, that's correct! +1 for you!

Next up is a variation of the above code.

ZDNCUJTQU KSSF!

(Hint- read the hint of the code above vertically)

Edit- I'll post another one. The hint is the same as the past 2 codes, and the word right.

OQASYORMVR

Vertically.

KSSF would be BOOK.

ZDNCUJTQU is still unknown, but if it's the first word of this, it is a name of a book,

or FAIRYTALE BOOK.