Detective Conan World
Black Demon

Movie 18: Dimensional Sniper

Does the anime have a habit of changing the eye color if the character is panicking? I thought it was interesting that Masumi's eyes are different colors in two different scenes.

r2d4.jpg

If the subbed trailer is not lying like a dog, and the shadowperson sniper really does know Shinichi's identity, that means he isn't going to survive the film. The knowledge of Conan's secret identity is a certain death penalty.

*Puts down one nickel on Akai Shuuichi shooting the sniper at the end of the movie* (but not killing him, the sniper will have to do that to himself.)

• Upvote 2

Anyway, did anyone wonders about the sniper is able to kill that guy from afar and in different heights.

That's probably the main trick in the movie based on the name. It's a shot from impossibly far according to Conan, so how did the guy do it? Was the man really shot from the inside of the tower and it was made to look like it came from outside? Was it a random shooting, and so as long as one person is hit in the crowded observation deck it works for the sniper? Or maybe it's a two sniper tagteam, one far away to draw attention, and the other is shooting from closer?

• Upvote 3

That's probably the main trick in the movie based on the name. It's a shot from impossibly far according to Conan, so how did the guy do it? Was the man really shot from the inside of the tower and it was made to look like it came from outside? Was it a random shooting, and so as long as one person is hit in the crowded observation deck it works for the sniper? Or maybe it's a two sniper tagteam, one far away to draw attention, and the other is shooting from closer?

Well, (because I was know a lot of firearms) there's several possibility:

1. The sniper use a larger caliber weapon than 7.62x51 NATO or 7.62x54R (Possibly).

2. Elevation. Because the target's location (Tokyo Tower) was different than the sniper's location.

3. I was curious why he didn't use suppressor (or silencer in the case...) on his weapon.

On this video, we can explain about the trajectory of the bullets (and range...).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V8erXeE_4O4

I wonder what they are going to do about Akai, since he is supposed to be dead, he was before Okiya and Masumi were introduced. I'm guessing that if Okiya is Akai he might revert back to being Akai if Masumi was in danger.

If the BO is involved they might have found out that Masumi is his younger sister and would try to save her.

There is one thing still bothering me since I saw the trailer, during one scene someone was looking at Conan and Masumi through a sniper's rifle scope and I remember hearing 'Kudo Shinichi' while the scope was looking at Conan.  Could the antagonist be after both Akai and Shinichi, but the only enemy they share is the BO.

I'm hoping that if Okiya is Akai Gosho Aoyama will reveal it before the movie premieres. 

Doubt he's going to reveal his identity before the movie appears. It's probably going to be similar to the jet black mystery train. Hints are going to be thrown everywhere about everyones identity but none of them will be revealed. if its revealed the person who learns it is probably not going to survive. Remember its noncanon, in most movies it just reveals background information that's not talked about in the manga.

It just seems kind of risky, Akai, Masumi, and the FBI are major plot driven characters in the series and the situation regarding Akai faking his death and appearing in a movie post-'death' would create a lot of situations regarding the characters who believe hes dead.  

Dont get me wrong I want to see this, but I think it would make an amazing story arc in the manga.

'Someone from Akai's past comes to Japan and targets his sister leading the FBI and BO to ponder the question, is Shuichi Akai really alive?  Leading Conan to find a way to draw everyone's attention from that possibility'.  I know this was one of the points in the Bourbon arc, but I don't think its resolved yet.

Oh my god, I just realized something!  "The Sniper From Another Dimension" reminds me of...

magic+bullet.jpg

Must be because of all the 50th anniversary hype we have here in the States (joking...)

It just seems kind of risky, Akai, Masumi, and the FBI are major plot driven characters in the series and the situation regarding Akai faking his death and appearing in a movie post-'death' would create a lot of situations regarding the characters who believe hes dead.  

Dont get me wrong I want to see this, but I think it would make an amazing story arc in the manga.

'Someone from Akai's past comes to Japan and targets his sister leading the FBI and BO to ponder the question, is Shuichi Akai really alive?  Leading Conan to find a way to draw everyone's attention from that possibility'.  I know this was one of the points in the Bourbon arc, but I don't think its resolved yet.

If Akai is going to appear, he won't do it in front of anyone who doesn't already know he is alive. He will probably just pop up by himself to snipe the badguy at a critical point (think ep 425 FBI vs Org), and then disappear before anyone who doesn't know he is alive gets a good look at him. Most of the protagonists will just be confused, except for Conan. Akai will be strongly hinted at being Okiya (think Okiya is shown leaving the building just after Akai vacates his perch), just like he was on the train, and the manga plot is left unaffected.

Isn't the movies usually non-canon? So it wouldn't be anyhow related to the anime/manga.

It usually reveals info that wont be brought up in the manga/anime to justify if its true or not, or if brought up the movie will justify it further.

can someone give me a source for conan news daily plz

Between quickly browsing this site (DCW) and Detective Conan Translation Project (DCTP), you should find any news-related topics you're looking for.  Anything that might give you news on small things like merchandise or events related to Detective Conan would all be in Japanese and probably wouldn't do you any good.  Also, this thread probably wasn't the best place to ask this question...

This movie scares me! Why?

1.) Another Dimension?! It means a han'nin (culprit) from alternate reality! I think he really want to kill Conan, for sure, I think it's revenge!

2.) Possibly the last movie! Mod Note: It isn't the last movie.

3.) Sera is shot by that person!

4.) The shot at the start of trailer was actually aiming to Conan! But missed.

5.) Maybe that person was Akai! (flips table)

6.) More suspense than the rest of the movies which makes me want to faint!

7.) That person's voice is deep, but I'm sure its someone they always know!

(Hides under bed)