Detective Conan World
Black Demon

[SPOILER DISCUSSION] File 876-878 (Sera's Hotel Murder Case)

Guys, what the hell is this about?

I'm confirming Balthazar's statement; it's a manga version of Movie 13 and has absolutely nothing to do with the official manga. You can tell from the slightly different character models that Gosho had no hand in drawing it. (I wonder if it was done by the assistants who do Conan Special?) It's pretty common for successful anime movies to be reproduced as a manga by a side-company. Sometimes people like to use these manga-movie spinoffs to create rumors because most fans forget these exist.
  • Upvote 2

Hey with the brother theory, on the wiki it said the brother doesn't look like Masumi nor Shuu, is this information correct? If so then the child can't be the brother correct?

Hey with the brother theory, on the wiki it said the brother doesn't look like Masumi nor Shuu, is this information correct? If so then the child can't be the brother correct?

Yes that info is correct, assuming Masumi isn't lying. The light colored curly hair is rather different from Shuuichi and Masumi's. It depends on whether you think the eyes are the most important parts of the child's face or the rest of the features are.

If we insist that the little girl is a victim of APTX, then her being Sera's mother is the most plausible theory IMO. Sera herself has mentioned that her and her eldest brother resembles their mother, whereas the 2nd brother doesn't look like them. Therefore, there's no way that the child who resembles Sera is her 2nd brother. And we all know that Akai is Subaru plus his hair is black, therefore the only option left is the mother. There's the possibility that Sera and Conan simply have different perceptions of what looks similar. Such a flaw is more understandable and realistic in real life but definitely awkward and wrong in a planned, idealised situation (the manga). For example, I see more resemblance between the little girl and Haibara than Sera, but since this is manga, therefore the girl resembles whoever the author intended for her to resemble and has no connection whatsoever to Haibara.   

On another note, it could be that Akai was disguised as the 2nd brother (he got his blonde hair from his mother assuming that the theory above is right, so it kinda adds up), and the 2nd brother who has been helping Sera through the phone all this while was in fact, Akai himself. Since Akai was disguised as his brother, then he also probably lied about his own age and use his brother's age instead, which is of similar age to the 2nd brother's old friends (from the villa case). Sera found him when they visited Shinichi's house and lied that she doesn't know about her 2nd brother's whereabout to keep his identity concealed, which is also the same reason that he rejected Sera's request to stay with him. 

This is just a theory though since it's also very likely that Shuukichi Haneda or someone else is the 2nd brother. Shuukichi is highly possible since the name is similar to Shuuichi, but then Sera probably wouldn't adopt the habit of calling Akai Shuu-nii since she has 2 brothers with that name.

Yes that info is correct, assuming Masumi isn't lying. The light colored curly hair is rather different from Shuuichi and Masumi's. It depends on whether you think the eyes are the most important parts of the child's face or the rest of the features are.

Nah I don't think it depends on our perceptions but the perceptions of the characters in the manga. Their perceptions are the real message that the author is trying to get across to the readers. Read my spoiler above.  

Shuuichi is a Japanese-American. If we assume that the Akai siblings were born from the same couple, one Japanese and one American, then the probability of one child to have a blonde hair is only 1 out of 4 because black hair gene wins against blonde. And as we can see both Masumi and Shuuichi have black hair. It is still possible that Masumi's second brother is a blonde though, but the probability is rather small.

All information I can find about the Akai family states that they're American of Japanese descent, meaning they're Japanese by ethnicity and American by nationality. No where does it suggest that one of the parents is a non-Japanese. Having non-coloured hair doesn't seem to be such a big deal in the manga despite that all Japanese hair colour are naturally black to dark brown.

Agasa's first love is Japanese and her hair color is blond, so I agree with SoLame right now

She was a half Japanes,half American girl...She even hide her hair because her japanese classmate were laughing at her.

So I think that if the mystery girl is the brother,then the father may be American,or maybe half japanese.