• Nothing
  3. 3. What didn't you like?

• The interrogation
    • The time limits
    • The mystery
    • The mods
    • Other (please specify)
    • Nothing

"Me? I would say I was highly mistaken when I said you looked over 20 years old." Abdul mused. 

That's not the first time Amber heard the statement.

"Aw," Amber pretended to be hurt "But I'm 8. Or 10. Maybe 15." Her voice changing from a bit childish to mature with each sentence.

"Sure." Abdul sounded sarcastic.

"By the way, do have any method of self-defense?" He asked.

A very interesting question.

"No. Not at all." Amber shrugged. "Would you like to be my bodyguard then?" Amber asked cheekily.

"Anyway, what's with the 'I'm coming with you?'" Amber continued asking. "You're planning to go somewhere eh? Don't tell me, you're going to investigate? Hmmm... That's interesting~ How about me tagging along as well~ I'm sure I could be useful~"

Lily stood up from her spot and walked over to Rose. "Hi." She said shyly. "My name is Lily, and my screen name is MeitanteiSnow." Lily gave Rose a recap of what happened over the past couple hours, including the briefing from Amber and Jay. Despite her shyness, she thought that Rose should know, because all the DCW members looked busy. "So that concludes it." She said quietly. "We're all trying to solve it, and it seems like everyone is going into groups, so do you want to......ummmmm.... team up? Maybe Misaki can join us, too."

"Ah, ma mo ri tai no, kimi da ke." He was fairly sure she would understand japanese. "I wouldn't make a good bodyguard. You never know when we might run into a cat. I might get distracted." He said.

"Anyway, what's with the 'I'm coming with you?'" Amber continued asking. "You're planning to go somewhere eh? Don't tell me, you're going to investigate? Hmmm... That's interesting~ How about me tagging along as well~ I'm sure I could be useful~"

"It would be online work mostly. This is America, not," He paused, and Amber looked thoughtful. "So as organized a country as this is, we could do it without wasting time by going there." 'And to mention the fact that I don't have my friends pull some strings.'

"It's going to be a long night, I need to-" Speak of the devil, his phone started ringing. He took one look at the caller name and paled, hurriedly getting up with a rushed apology and answered it. It wasn't that he had done anything wrong, just this person.

"Hello father. Uhh, I told you before...just ask mom for God's sake." And he hung up abruptly. Typical of him to forget where Abdul was.

"Sorry about that, I had a feeling this was going to happen." Abdul sighed.

"What was?"

"You'd never believe me." He rolled his eyes. "So, if you're gonna join us then be ready 24/7 about when I might contact you..." He was thinking something, but left it at that.

"A lot" A tall guy replied. Tell me something I don't know. "And you are..?" She asked, but she was pretty sure he did not hear her, Cause he was busy chatting with some purple-haired girl. Some dark-haired girl rose to her feet and walked over to Rose. "Hi" Rose could obviously tell how shy the girl was from her tone. "My name is lily, And my screen name is Meitantei Snow." The girl continued. Rose was surprised that Lily's actually talking to her when they've never talked on the forums before.. "Hey, Am Rose." Rose smiled at her, Lily gave Rose a recap of what her & the DCWorlders discussed at the cafe. Rose took notes. "So that concludes it.. " Lily noticed what rose was doing, but that didnt kept her from asking, "What are you doing?"

"Just taking notes. Don't be surprised if I started a deduction board next."

"I see. Everyone else is trying to solve it too, and they all seem like doing it in groups. So do you want, to umm like, team up? Maybe misaki can join too."

"Wow Misa-chan's here too! Fascinating! And yeah, Consider me in!"

"Yep"

"So which one is she? And can you also tell me about the other DCWorlders and show them to me? If you don't mind, that is."

Mark simply headed home after he was searched. Solving the murders wasn't really a priority for him, but he decided to head back with the group. He made a quick change of clothes and headed to the cafe. He looked around, then heard, the conversation around him raging.

Again, he had really no interest whatsoever in solving the murder, so he ordered a cup of coffee and sat down. He looked suspiciously at Jean. She gathered all of us for some other reason, maybe to solve this mystery. Or perhaps...to witness her art. Hah. He returned his glance downwards and took a drink. He looked at the group, and frowned. Did I see that girl before? Not at the airport, he realized. Late flight.

He spinned his umbrella, which was on the ground. Mark had a feeling...

...that this is going to get very interesting...

"And can you also tell me about the other DCWorlders and show them to me? If you don't mind, that is." Rose said.

Lily laughed sheepishly. "Haha..... Eto..... To tell you the truth, I don't know most of them. I've never talked to them in DCW before. Misaki's my roommate. She's sitting on that chair." Lily motioned for Rose to follow her. She walked to Misaki and lightly tapped her on the shoulder. "Ano.... Misaki, would you like to team up with Rose and I to solve the case?" She asked quietly.

"Going in groups, huh..." Milan thought, seeing others gathering into small groups to investigate. "Since everyone's so into it, I guess I should offer some help too...", he looked around to see if anyone's still "free". "We probably won't be able to concentrate on the case in a large group... Let's see...", Milan stood up.

"Uh, if anyone needs any help with the case, or just wants company, I'm open. If not at the moment, I'll be in my room listening to some music or daydreaming about Japan, or something... So, you can find me there. Anyway, good luck.", Milan said. He put his hands in the pockets and leisurely headed back to the room, so that if anyone needed him right now had the time to call him back.

Moderator Note:

Hey guys, I'll be VERY kind and do a little recap on the "official" information we have "released" either through reports or questioning. Other subtle clues (E.g actions of the people and/or police or inner thoughts of the people) will be excluded from this post (So you may have to re-read the story to find it). Don't think I'll be doing another one of this in future (at least I won't) so do try to keep up. Lastly, I would like to repeat that you can't solve the case without enough clues. Detectives do research and search for clues. You won't get any if you don't search. Even Conan asks questions. You may like to question the witnesses (or investigate the places) once we release the information to you. (Sometimes, you may not have the chance to do so once we proceed with the storyline) Anyway, you can ask as many questions as you like. If you want to question a witness, the witness must be around. You can also look for the witness if we have specified a location which the witness is in. Else, you can try your luck by looking in the locations which we have released.

~~~~

Police Investigation Report

This afternoon (Day 1) at 2:30 PM, Jennifer Starling (age 32) was shot and killed in the middle of Maple Tree Park. Police arrived on scene at 2:34 and sealed off the scene shortly thereafter. Inspector James Sterling has been headed with the case due to its possible link to the Rainman Serial Killings. The bullet that killed Starling was found to be made by the same manufacturer as the bullets used to kill Lilian Rockwell (age 27) two months ago, Bradley Miller (age 48) a month ago, and Philip Fillmore (age 22) last week.

Starling was seen at the park for several hours before the shooting by herself. Of the witnesses questioned, the police have yet to find someone who has any connection to Starling. The police are currently investigating the case and urge anyone with any information to step forwards.

If any information is found, please call the following hotline.

970-6624

Amber's summary of the case

Lilian Rockwell.

Killed by a single gunshot  through her temple. It was the same situation as today (Day 1). There were a lot of people nearby when suddenly the woman collapsed. There were many people around but none of them had seen anyone suspicious. All witnesses accounted that they just saw the woman suddenly collapse, with no visible culprit around. James Sterling was appointed to take up this case. At that time, they also searched through everyone's belongings but the weapon was never found. Several suspects were named, but after further investigations, they were cleared of their suspicions and released.

Bradley Miller. Killed the same way as Lilian Rockwell. Died by a gunshot. On a rainy day as well. Besides this, the police could find nothing similar between these two people.

Philip Fillmore. Again, a rainy day, and no other similarities. Police found that the bullets matched the first and second murder. Thus, it was determined that it was the same person committing the murder, therefore declaring this a serial killing case.

She noted that whenever the murder occurred, it was on a rainy day, and it was committed using a gun (killed by bullets). Also, there was a huge crowd during that time...

With further questions by Abdul Aster, she revealed that she overheard that Jennifer Starling, is the secretary at Benford Industries. Company located in 2144 Washington Road.

Information provided from Jay:

The body was shot on the scene, it wasn't discovered, the woman was simply murdered.

She claimed that she did not hear any clear gunshots, thus assuming the killer is using a silencer.

Jennifer Starling was standing up when she was shot.

Jay commented that she saw her feeding pigeons earlier and that she seemed like a pretty normal woman spending her day in the park.

Her summary of the event before the murder:

She saw Starling sitting on the bench. She commented that it was odd, as she didn't have an umbrella even though rain is a common occurrence here and she was sort of just sitting there. Jay was wondering what was wrong and started going over when she stood up. Then she was shot.

Warren kept quiet and took long meaningful sips of his iced black coffee as everyone started to throw questions left and right. He was about to speak out and ask a question at one point but Milan beat him to everything that he was going to ask.  He didn't want to think ill of the organizer of their trip, since she seemed to have a good head on her shoulders, but he just couldn't shake off the thought that it's too much of a coincidence that the crime happened almost as soon as they stepped into Seatlle. He was impressed by everybody's sharp and critical thinking so he just took note of all the answers Jay and Amber had given them intending to write them down later. Seeing that his peers were already forming themselves into little groups, he sat back and finished his coffee before fumbling for his phone. There was something holding him back from 'offering his services' to a group. He was usually not that timid. Warren opened forums and blogs discussing the Rainman murders, the theories there would span from probable to far-off the logic spectrum but he might get a fresh perspective. Granted that his physical strength would most likely prove to be more beneficial to the investigation than his deductive skills but that's the only thing he could think of doing at the moment. He watched as people were still recruiting and exhaled.

Milan got a bit surprised by the voice: "Woah, please don't kill me!", he grinned.

"Umm.... Would you like to also be part of our group?", said Lily. "Oh, sure... I'm all yours.", said Milan, scratching the back of his head.

Lily smiled at Milan's answer and motioned him to follow her back to Misaki's chair. She announced that Milan was part of the group and she waited for Misaki's answer to her request to join. When Misaki was still thinking, Lily looked around to see if more people had no group. The more, the better... She thought. Lily spotted Warren alone and asked the group: "Should we invite him too? I heard he was good at physical stuff, maybe he could help us if we ever got attacked.... Plus, he seems lonely..." She trailed off. Wait.... Why am I not shy now?

Deep in her thoughts, Misaki didn't notice her roommate approaching her until she lightly tap her on the shoulder, causing her to jump.

Lily seemed startled by it, but asked quietly a moment later, "Ano.... Misaki, would you like to team up with Rose and I to solve the case?"

"Um..." she started, honestly not sure how to answer. "Can I have a second to think about it?"

The girl nodded before heading over to a boy and talked to him. After a minute, they came back to her and announced that Milan (as his name apparently was) was joining the group. 

"Should we invite him too?" she continued. "I heard he was good at physical stuff, maybe he could help us if we ever got attacked.... Plus, he seems lonely..."

"I don't care," Misaki answered. "And as for joining your group, I'd love to."

Heikki didn't know what to do. He saw people gathering together and decided to join someone.

He saw Abdul and Amber talking to each others so he walked to them. 

"Uum are you two going somewhere. If you are may  I join you." he asked

Rose's surprise, Lily laughed sheeplishly. "To tell you the truth, I don't know most of them, since I never talked to them in DCW before.. Misaki's my roommate. She's sitting on that chair." She pointed. "Ano, Misakii.--" Lily was soon cut by Rose's scream. "Misa chan!!!!!!" She wanted to hug her, realizing how stupid she may seem, she saved the hugs for later. Misaki was deep in thought, awaken by Rose's scream. Lily continued. "Would you like to team up with Rose and I to solve the case?" She asked Misaki. "Can I think about It?"

Lily nodded. At the same moment, some guy with a messy-dark hair stood up. "Uh, if anyone needs help, or just wants company, I'm open. If not at the moment, I'll be in my room listening to music or daydreaming about Japan. Or something. So, you know where to find me. Good luck." He said, putting his hands in his pockets and walking away.

Lily went to him. "Wait!" The guy got surprised. "Woah. Please don't kill me." He grinned. "Um, would you also like to be part of our group?" She continued. "Sure. I'm all yours." Lily smiled at his answer. She motioned him to follow her to Misaki's chair. Lily mentioned some guy named Warren. "I don't care" Misaki replied. "And as for the group, I'd love to join."

"Wait. Who's Warren? And who are you?" She stared at the guy with the messy hair. "And. Where's Jay? I want to tease.. I mean talk to her about something" Rose grinned.

---

(Did anyone notice how I describe everyone by their hairs. =X )

"Oh, ASD." 'Whoops.' Heikki smiled good-naturedly. "Call me Heikki." 'Now that I think about it, we could work faster by division of labor.'

"Fine with me." Abdul said. "Amber-neechan," she chuckled softly. "Would you happen to have a laptop?" She nodded. "With internet?"

"Why do you need it?~"

"Research. My phone network doesn't work here." He needed to get this show on the road already. Amber got up, possibly to go and get her laptop. Abdul turned to Heikki. "It will take some time before I decide we need to go anywhere. Gathering data is 90% boring after all."

"You know, there is free wifi. So at least my phone works." Heikki said to Abdul who was using Ambers laptop.

"Maybe we could go out to see those places in real." He continued as Abdul nodded  

Lily answered the rest of the questions Rose asked patiently. "Warren's the person drinking the iced black coffee and Jay is..." Lily pointed to Jay, standing somewhere. If we include Warren or if he joins when we ask, there will be five of us. Should we ask Jay to join?

The messy hair guy looked at Rose. "Milan at your service" he bowed. "And you must be?"

"Rose."

Lily answered the rest of Rose's questions. "Warren's the person drinking the iced black coffee, and Jay is.." Lily pointed at a short girl. So I'm not the only one who's so short here.. Jay's short, and purple haired girl is also short. "Okay. Do as you please, I'm going to Jay." Rose walked to her. "Oh my, if it wasn't the mysterious IU!" She grinned. "Wait! Before saying anything or killing me, I suggest we go to that dead woman's work place, I'm pretty sure she was waiting for someone before her death. Maybe we could find some clues if we ask around. If nobody's willing to come I'll go myself, I don't mind."

Elizabeth shrugged. "I wasn't really plannin' on doing a group...I'm not much of a group investigator. I'm more of a- bodyguard, maybe? But I guess I can use some psych stuff an' logic, so... sure." She reached out to shake Ari's hand. "Teammates?"

"Hm. I see your point" Rose replied to Milan. "We can just hope to find something, but you know what they say about hope, it breeds eternal misery" She grinned. "By the way, that was a Pretty little liars quote. You know, me and my obsession."

"I don't mind going, we're teammates now" Lily said shyly. "High five me, mate." Rose replied. She turned to Jay. "So, what did you say?"