Detective Conan World
Sign in to follow this  
Miss Smiles

Kogoro

let's talk about Kogoro, the guy who often get in trouble with Shinichi. For once I know he's being mean not lazy that he can't get over the fact Eri is the one who left him. Before Kogoro split up he was with Eri they were loving couple. Megure wasn't that helpful as he often talk about gamble of Mahjong. I always think he's being mean to keep his image in front of familiar people and turning nice when stranger or Yoko comes, we know some people can see through his act describing he's arrogant. He's already good at karate but he don't bother to show it. How many people found him being unpredictable? I don't think he's boss, but one thing for sure about boss does like Conan and may not think much he's Shinichi as show interest. 

Whether Kogoro turn blind eye to Conan is Shinichi are still mysterious, he's Kogoro I know being unpredictable. He's like another, adult version of Hajime Kindaichi from manga. I more incline to think he started to believe Conan is smart and started being observant, so I think he's being mean like first time Heiji meet Conan and I personally feel we have to observe a bit more of Kogoro, since Ran and Heiji already make progress knowing about Shinichi. I know Kogoro look aloof around Conan and may pick up fishy contact when he saw Ran saying odd things around Conan. 

What I'm sure is Kogoro is no longer young, may not be active once more after Eri left, personally I feel he's more dedicated person when he live together with Eri and now he look more hopeless and scared, a bit like character I know of story, I don't think he want to know more of Conan after seeing him help or crack cases so I guess it was more type of his personality he don't want to confront Conan after what he did to him and more afraid he may break him if Conan don't come forth, because there are many times he turn mean to Shinichi it'll be twice as harder talking to Conan. Conan remind him much of young Shinichi because he often describe him as brat, and, I don't think he can handle well the news if he's that observant, or not, it's about danger.

But as former officer, he may keep quiet of it as he could be learn of victims won't come forward until he or she say so. 

And to you, what do you really think of Kogoro?

The only thing I've been expecting from Gosho about Kogoro is, no doubt, the absence of his past and relatives. We only knew about how he met Eri from his high school life. I wonder if his past or relatives is somehow connects him to BO~

^this. Well I don't really want him to be connected to the Black Org. but some insight into his immediate family and background (we do know that he was a poor university student, some info about his time in the police force and how he and Eri got together) would be nice. I just want some of his relatives to show up even though they have little to no significance to the BO plot.

He's definitely one of the more entertaining characters (his constant mishaps regarding making up with Eri are hilarious XD) but he's getting a tad too repetitive. Still, he's an important character and I hope to see more of his badass side.

I know this thread is sudden, let's think about it, not all people understand him and often label him stupid all times. If it's novel I have nothing to say. And this manga speak thousand of words it's easy to misunderstood we think he's lazy and if I don't interpret it it makes thousand difficult to understand it because he also is main character of whole manga throughout. Reading manga is like reading middle part of story, we often raise topic in fragment of pieces and not all people understand Kogoro well and he's being longer with Shinichi together he deserves a thread like Shinichi but he has lots and so do Ran, it's okay once in a while to mention him and sometimes we may overlook, Kogoro often mention less than Ran, only know gist of it not general picture and it's good to have short summary if no one don't know much of him; despite he is longer with Shinichi together. Yes, he is mean guy to Conan or Shinichi, and still taking him in like Uncle Vernon, from Harry Potter book, if it's not him Conan find harder to find B.O he'll be in terrible danger.