Detective Conan World
tengaku squared

DCW IRL Round 4: Bloody Birthday

Misaki let out a sigh. She had finished the book, and its ending was less than satisfactory. Really, what a terrible way to end a book...

As she placed it back where it belonged, she heard a voice float into her ear (or whatever ghosts had for hearing). "Alright... Now I will kill Jamie..."

She knew that voice. It belonged to the gun obsessed guy who was likely killed by Aki. She floated toward it, going through the bookcase in the process, to find a passage way. And in there was him, with an automatic shotgun.

He seemed slightly surprised with her presence. As he opened his mouth to speak, she said, "You really should put that away."

DAY 6 HAS ENDED, THE NIGHT OF RECKONING HAS BEGUN

"My, my, noisy spirits." The man sighed, and stared uninterestingly at the floating shotgun. He looked around, then looked back to the floating shotgun. His hand went to his eyepatch, and he slowly took it off while covering it with his other hand. "Can you ever keep quiet?" He uncovered his other eye, and a bright blue light came from it. The spirit of OTTD Player slowly disintegrated until it was no more. The shotgun fell onto the ground harmlessly.

He quickly covered his mysterious eye with his eyepatch, then stared at Misaki. "That eye I gave you, the Eye of Truth, remember? My eye is its counterpart. Anyway, I'd appreciate it if you kept quiet, or I'll do with you like how I did with him. And since you've played this game so well, I'll let you in on a secret." He looked around, then continued after seeing no other people around him.

"I made a deal with one of the three remaining survivors, that I will grant them safe passage in exchange for the deaths of the others. It's highly likely that this person will reject this offer. The best part is, that, should that person refuse the offer, they die. And there's other stuff involved too, but that's all I wanna tell you right now." He smiled, then walked off and disappeared.

Misaki looked around, and saw a woman, an oddly familiar woman. Anne Scarlet.

"It seems he's been wrecking havoc on you all." She smiled. "He has no intention to ever solve my murder. All he wants to do is entertain his crooked and malicious wishes. I'm pretty sure you've had some hint of this, but I will tell you his true identity." She looked around. "He is obviously not mortal, not in any sense. What he is, though, is a manifestation of man's negative emotions. He embodies wrath, malice, envy, and hatred. But he also represents sadness and loneliness." She sighed.

"I'm afraid he's gone too far with his illusions. There's nothing we can do, as spirits, but wait." She crossed her arms and frowned. "The remaining three have already fallen into his trap. By tonight, it will be all over."

"Unless, of course, everyone here unites to overcome him..."

========================================================================================

> THIS IS THE FINAL PHASE OF THIS ROUND. THE GAME WILL END AFTER THIS NIGHT.

> Should the person that was given the offer refuse, they will die. In addition, they will not be credited with a win, even if their side wins.

> Should the person that was given the offer refuse and the decision is not unanimous, the dissenters will be credited with a win.

> Should the person that was given the offer refuse and the decision is unanimously positive, everyone will be credited with a win (this includes the person with the offer).

> Should the person accept the offer and the decision is not unanimous, that person alone will be credited with a win.

> Should the person accept the offer and the decision is unanimously positive, everyone will be credited with a win except the other two alive people.

> PMs are coming out. Correction in the PMs: the voting breakdown will be released.

"My, my, noisy spirits."

Misaki turned her head around, looking at the source of the voice. The man let out a sigh, and stared uninterestingly at the floating shotgun. His glance left it after watching it for a few seconds, but went back to the floating shotgun very quickly. His hand went to his eyepatch, and he peeled it off. With his other hand, he covered what had been underneath the eyepatch. "Can you ever keep quiet?"

He uncovered his other eye. Suddenly, a bright blue light came from it. Seeing how her ghostly retinas were unaffected from the brightness, she watched as the annoying spirit of the once-weapon-wielding man slowly disintegrated until it was no more. CLACK! The shotgun fell onto the ground harmlessly as the sound it made echoed softly in the corridor.

After the deed was done, the man quickly covered his once-glowing eye with his eyepatch before staring at Misaki. The two locked eyes for a moment before he said, "That eye I gave you, the Eye of Truth, remember? My eye is its counterpart. Anyway, I'd appreciate it if you kept quiet, or I'll do with you like how I did with him. And since you've played this game so well, I'll let you in on a secret."

A secret?

He looked around, making sure no one was around to hear the so-called "secret". Once he confirmed only she was there, he continued.

"I made a deal with one of the three remaining survivors, that I will grant them safe passage in exchange for the deaths of the others. It's highly likely that this person will reject this offer. The best part is, that, should that person refuse the offer, they die. And there's other stuff involved too, but that's all I wanna tell you right now."

... Well then. I wonder what will happen...

He flashed her a smile before walking away. Her eyes followed him as he slowly disappearing from her sight.

As soon as he was completely gone, she turned around with the intention of going back to the library to read. It was then when she saw a woman. Even with her pale, glowing spirit form, Misaki recognized who it was right away. Anne Scarlet.

"It seems he's been wrecking havoc on you all," she smiled. "He has no intention to ever solve my murder. All he wants to do is entertain his crooked and malicious wishes."

Of course. Why am I not surprised?

She continued, "I'm pretty sure you've had some hint of this, but I will tell you his true identity."

... True identity? You mean he isn't a sick asshole who likes to hold people hostage, make us solve a murder that he doesn't give a crap about and punish us when we don't do enough to catch a murderer?

Anne's eyes wandered around, seemingly making sure no one else was around just like the man had. "He is obviously not mortal, not in any sense. What he is, though, is a manifestation of man's negative emotions. He embodies wrath, malice, envy, and hatred. But he also represents sadness and loneliness."

Misaki knew that man wasn't mortal. It wasn't possible. But being a manifestation of human's negative emotions was not what she was expecting. Not at all. Though that would explain that sad look he had for a moment when he brought Gracie's brother back...

She let out a sigh. "I'm afraid he's gone too far with his illusions. There's nothing we can do, as spirits, but wait," she frowned as she crossed her arms. "The remaining three have already fallen into his trap. By tonight, it will be all over."

"Unless, of course, everyone here unites to overcome him..."

Misaki stared at her for a second before repeating, "Unite to overcome him?"

The woman nodded. "If you do that, then you can for sure beat him."

Silence filled the air for a second as the two spirits floated there. Suddenly, Ms. Scarlet broke the silence by saying, "I must go. A pleasure meeting you again."

As she gave a small wave, she began to fade away. Right before she disappeared completely, Anne gave a smile at the other spirit, though she didn't know why. After all, she was one of the many that had failed to solve her murder. But before she could ask why she had done such an act, she was gone. And that left Misaki in the passage. All alone.

(How about ghost with Kalashnikov?)

"This nightmare is over!" The voice plays again, this time someone bangs the door and a man with an AK47 w/ Thermal-Sight; Extended-Mag and Heartbeat Sensor shouted, "Maybe these m***k were eliminate the trick, but today, all of you will dead!"

Jamie knew she had heard Ari, but when she looked around, he was nowhere to be seen. "If he tries anything, I swear.." Then she saw the shotgun, and saw him fading away. "Oh... wow." She turned and walked away without warning, returning to looking for Kevin and Gracie. "'re you kids 'ere?"

Jamie walked to Misaki's room, where she was pretty sure Gracie would be. "You guys, I need ta talk to ya. Aleksander said there's a passage we c'n use." She looked around the hall. "Gracie? Kevin? 're you kids 'ere?"

Gracie and Kevin walked up behind Jamie and tapped her on the shoulder. She jumped a little and then turned around.

"So, what's that about the secret passage?"

NIGHT 4 HAS ENDED, IT HAS NOW DAY 4

"Oh my," the mysterious man said, picking up the dead OTTD Player from the ground. "This wasn't done by the murderers...much too sloppy of a job. Like wild rage, it seems."

"It seems that most of the people have taken the offer. Ah, well, it's not my concern. But I feel really, really bad for the people who chose not to get a new ability, so I'll heal them, I guess." He snapped his fingers.

"Also, it looks like blood's going to be spilled on their own hands today. Heksu's been caught and accused as a murderer; I wonder how they'll decide his fate?"

The man suddenly turned around, aware of another presence. Misaki stared back at him. The man shrugged, then smiled. "Hello, Misaki. I was wondering if you would do this for me." He pulled out a small, wooden box out of his pocket, and threw it at Misaki. "Keep this for safeholding, will you? If you open it, you'll certainly die. But hey, one of the murderer's names may be in there, so maybe." He put his hand to his forehand in a military salute, then disappeared.

=========================================================================================================

> Heksu has been caught. Poll is up. All DCW IRL participants, including ghosts, may vote. Yes, I may vote too, and my vote does count twice.

> OTTD Player has been mysteriously killed.

> Misaki has been given a mysterious box. If she opens it, she will die. However, if she does open it, the contents of the box will be publicly announced, and Misaki will die in exchange for this knowledge.

OTTD is dead. From wild rage. Like here...