Detective Conan World
Anti-APTX4869

Let's take a drawing break..

Dedicated to Miwako sensei, who is teaching me right now...

OK, so this is just drawing tutorial from a beginner...

I'm going to self study (with some help of few people in DCW) on drawing so they are not going to look like something I usually have done, which is just looking at a pic and copying.... I think that I should go in-depth in drawing.

So, for fun, let's draw Conan with my current knowledge of basics.. :P

tutorial1.jpg

1. Eye. :P well actually you can skip to #14 to start off with the face. All you have to do is an arc like that :P easy right?... actually it took me a while to make that arc;;; lol;;;...

2. We know eyes don't over flow. so bottom line.... i'm not good with words. correct me. :unsure:

3. OK now we're getting into it! A circle. This is how I normally draw DC style eye. :)

4. Another circle in the circle with a rectangle right next to it. :huh: that sounded funny. anyways, don't forget a little line under rectangle.

5. Shading~ lol my fav part as always. It's normally darker around the rectangle except for the bottom since it's normally colored in animes, or white(also gray/shaded) in manga. so light shade under~

6. Then other eye. this is 3/4 view, so it might be hard to draw at first. it took me 3 pages of practice with out guide line. Guide line is shown in #7

7. Nose + Mouth. (It's not continued from #6, meaning I drew the eyes again.) they are not that hard. DC style nose is a bit tricky though. Anyways, when you have a guide line like as shown, just draw a nose like a slanted L along the middle line.

8. Then make a diamond, rhombus, kite, square, parallelogram, or what ever you all it. :mellow:

9. Lastly, just erase the line above the weird shape nose. oh but be sure to leave a little bit. Gosho tend to have a little line on the nose... :P

tutorial2.jpg

10. Ear. From #14 (I knew I should have done the face first...) At the jaw, make a curve what I like to call a tea cup handle. lol... yea.. :lol:

11. Drawing ear takes some time, not much at all. Idk how to explain, but take a picture of your ear (or get a pic) and look at it. it helps even though it looks like there are a lot of curves. you can make it simple like how I drew it. Practice~ :D

12. Inner cureve looks similar to the top curve you made in #11. Simple yes? ^^

13. Shading~! of course you can't see the ear hole, but if you study the ears, your own or not, it gets shaded closer to the hole. Cool. ;)

tutorial3.jpg

14. Face. Takes time. yes. but it gets easier. I call this a Circle and a pentagon jaw... because it looks like it. Notice the midde line. it's mainly used for eye proportioning and nose just like in #7.

15. Woot~! By using #1~13, you can get to here!

16. Hair, I haven't gone there yet, but I can kinda draw Conan's hair and Haibara's hair. Conan's hair is a bit difficult when it comes to bangs. but if you study and practice, you'll get it~! which took me months... <_<. but I'm sure you'll do fine. ;) The reason the hair is difficult is because many (as many people mentions) people tend to forget about the skull. our hair doesn't grow from our brain, neiher we have deforemed skull. so there should be a space between hair and the head outline.

17. WAIT! If there's no Glasses, Ran might gt suspicious again~! LOL, jk. Just add glasses. easy right? I just finished it off with shading... I can't draw bodies yet... sorry... I'm still working on the face/head/hair. ^^;;

If you want I can draw and upload if you want some part detailed.

I think I should upload another drawing with the ear and eyes carefully explained as well as the head...

....? wha- you still reading this? lol jk. I love you all for reading it. :wub: ... if you did, that is... :twisted:

Edit: Top line an few errors....

Edited by Anti-APTX4869
  • Upvote 1

The nose is a bit unusual, the outline is a bit fatter and flat amend that part. You got the proportion right, the end of hair is a bit slanted. It's a good sketch. :)

yea, the nose is really unusual but it actually works on most perspectives except for side view.

so I need to make it a bit most round and slightly slimer? :D

I'm usually bad with proportions, but awesome! Oh and I need to work on the hair.

I'll draw more soon... hmmm.

Thank you~~ everyone!