Detective Conan World
Sign in to follow this  
Cal

New Kid Has Suggestions

Just a thought, but the words "animes" and "mangas" don't exist. Anime/Manga is both singular and plural. The Japanese Language doesn't differentiate them with an (s). You might want to change the forum name to Anime & Manga.

That's funny because anime is the Japanese shortening of the French word for animation that refers to all animation. We are borrowing a borrowed word. So I say screw it. let's pluralize it, it's the American way.Besides due to what I said anime it's by definition now an American English word as we changed the definition to refer only to Japanese animation. I'm sure the same can be said of manga.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

That's funny because anime is the Japanese shortening of the French word for animation that refers to all animation. We are borrowing a borrowed word. So I say screw it. let's pluralize it, it's the American way.Besides due to what I said anime it's by definition now an American English word as we changed the definition to refer only to Japanese animation. I'm sure the same can be said of manga.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

True about anime... not true about manga

True about anime... not true about manga

Touche, there is only so much that I can know... I only assumed as much, and seeing as I was doing that from my phone, I say I did a decent job without doing research.

Regardless its a Japanese word that has been integrated into the English language. Which means that it can still be pluralized according to the constructs of the English language.

And besides, they don't explicitly pluralize words in Japanese, they suggest multiples though additional words. (like -tachi)

:|

I guess it's natural for words thrown into the English Language to be screwed up easily, seeing as how it's the most laughable in terms of understanding and common sense. Nevertheless, "animes" isn't a word. Not a huge deal if you don't want to change it, but not much reason in arguing if it can be used that way correctly.