Detective Conan World
Stopwatch

File 793-??? (Private Eye)

New detective...  

29 members have voted

1. 1. Amuro Tooru: Red Herring or not?

2. 2. Who was the culprit behind Kamon Hatsune's death?

• Banba Raita: Good for nothing to-be-husband
    • Amuro Tooru
    • Haruka Sanji: Sketchy guy in sunglasses
    • One of the other waitstaff
    • It was a suicide
    • I was an accident
    • Someone else
    • I am going to vote later, I promise, because Chekhov is watching me and will disapprove if I don't vote later.
    • Raita and Sanji worked together. Raita did the murder.
    • Raita and Sanji worked together. Sanji did the murder.

As far i know, the Organisation kills even if they have a little doubt. And i really doubt that Gin dosent suspect Kir..

They do suspect Kir, the difference is that they can use this for their own advantage to take the FBI and CIA out. They can manipulate info Kir finds out and if the FBI and CIA acts accordingly they will know Kir is off base. There is no reason to be hasty. This is why Bourbon is here, to investigate the FBI, Akai, and what happened in the last clash. I don't think they care as much as they used to about Sherry, that's Gin's problem.

@Chek: I didn't know about that. Thanks! It can be possible that they have given Kir false info.

And I agree with what everyone is saying. They do suspect Kir, but they can't just eliminate her because if she has really killed Akai, then she is really valuable. Bourbon might have been sent to investigate on his death so that they can know for sure if Kir can be trusted or no. And Bourbon did doing a pretty good job if that's the case.

needs proof that akai is really alive in order to kill her. Gin thinks hes dead so that's good enough for the boss ( till bourbon tries to prove that he is alive), so she is safe

Him being alive wouldn't be enough to cast suspicion. They would have to prove that it was foul play on her part as well. She did everything she was told to do, they would have to prove that both bullets were blanks, and I have a feeling that Akai either already has a bullet wound in his chest, or he would make one to escape suspicion. As for the head wound, if he is who we think he is, he has already changed his appearance. Either it is reconstructive surgery or a mask. If it is the former, he already has reason to not have a scar, if the latter, again, he is likely to make it seem that he was at least burned there by a round (ie he dodged at the last second, severely wounding him, but not killing). I suspect that they would more likely use her to feed false info to the FBI and CIA than kill her. Killing her would cause further American involvement and grounds to enter Japan for both FBI and CIA. Right now she is a NOC, which means that neither the FBI or CIA have grounds to be there but hopefully her presence will gain them grounds. If she is killed there, they will disavow any knowledge of her mission, but they WILL request a Company lead investigation or a Bureau lead investigation (which ever the CIA deems easier or better for them, as it is their agent). That would not be good for the Black Org. They are more likely to use her position in the CIA to meet their own ends than kill her, unless they can kill her in such a way to not arise suspicion, which I doubt will be possible, because she likely has already reported on the existence of APTX, so any unknown cause of death will be looked upon as murder by the CIA.

Him being alive wouldn't be enough to cast suspicion. They would have to prove that it was foul play on her part as well. She did everything she was told to do, they would have to prove that both bullets were blanks, and I have a feeling that Akai either already has a bullet wound in his chest, or he would make one to escape suspicion. As for the head wound, if he is who we think he is, he has already changed his appearance. Either it is reconstructive surgery or a mask. If it is the former, he already has reason to not have a scar, if the latter, again, he is likely to make it seem that he was at least burned there by a round (ie he dodged at the last second, severely wounding him, but not killing).

I suspect that they would more likely use her to feed false info to the FBI and CIA than kill her. Killing her would cause further American involvement and grounds to enter Japan for both FBI and CIA. Right now she is a NOC, which means that neither the FBI or CIA have grounds to be there but hopefully her presence will gain them grounds. If she is killed there, they will disavow any knowledge of her mission, but they WILL request a Company lead investigation or a Bureau lead investigation (which ever the CIA deems easier or better for them, as it is their agent). That would not be good for the Black Org. They are more likely to use her position in the CIA to meet their own ends than kill her, unless they can kill her in such a way to not arise suspicion, which I doubt will be possible, because she likely has already reported on the existence of APTX, so any unknown cause of death will be looked upon as murder by the CIA.

I don't think Okiya has done any "make it look like I got shot surgery/whatever" to himself. I think Akai being alive at all would be enough for the BO to think Kir was a spy and start trying to force her to confess, or just kill her.

I don't think the CIA will demand an investigation and try to force their way into Japan. Ethan Hondou's and his middleman's death was kept quiet and apparently un-investigated, despite the fact the CIA had a better position at the time and could have used Kir's position to funnel from the inside and theirs on the outside to press the Org.

The lack of investigation makes sense because, politics wise, Japan's gov may not be happy with such a widescale investigation, and if the BO buys off politicians (like Conan has suspected), they could obstruct it for National Sovereignty reasons or "WTH US" reasons. Japan might not be too happy either with the CIA putting agents in Organizations that kill Japanese citizens and demand their own investigative bodies do it which Conan doesn't seem to think are up to the task. Most likely though, the CIA won't demand an investigation at all because their mission may not be able to be completed (what is the CIA mission in the Org? - It's never been stated, and it may not be takedown of certain agents) and/or do not have enough leverage over Japan if the BO is corrupting the system at key points.

Remember this is DC. Any real world protocol that would keep Conan from taking down the Org mostly by himself is going to be summarily ignored.

@chek so you think the CIA's purpose may be an assert? That is the only other reason I can think of than gaining evidence of a potential terrorist organization that possess a threat to America. And the latter would be the one thing that would over lap between the FBI and CIA (that I can think of). Which is why I think that more agent deaths would illicit an investigation, or at least official presence. Though you are right, it is more likely to be blocked by Gosho because that would prevent Conan/Shinichi from taking down the Org.

As for Ethan Hondou and the middleman's death, they likely wanted to, unless they had contact with him and thus no investigation was necessary. There has to be a reason why they placed another agent in that position. An asset would make sense, because that is a fairly common occurrence. But I don't think Gosho would do that, because that would mean there is someone good...in... the Org... (A thought just occurred to me... Could Vermouth possibly be a CIA asset? She does seem to have ulterior motives that aren't in the Org's best interests, and she Ran and Shinichi saving her could have changed her to want to try to make good. That would explain a few things, especially the CIA presence in the Org and the lack of an investigation, as it is more important to protect the asset's position than the Agent.) I actually like the sound of that scenario... But we probably won't know for sure until near the end. That would suck for Jodie though...

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

@Stopwatch Thanks for the Chinese scans.

It's funny how Conan, preparing to declare the death as a suicide, has to halt the police from taking a man into custody. Usually it's vice-versa. :P So basically, I'm going to act like a 5-year old who understands the story by looking at pictures rather than reading the actual text. Well, the police eventually get the DNA results and find Banba guilty of killing the bride (since the DNA from the hairbrush and the DNA under the nail are a near-perfect match). Right before they can take the groom away, Conan knocks out Kogoro with his stun gun and averts the police from doing so. Tohru explains to Mouri everything (he thinks) that happened. Banba goes into the bathroom, wears a large coat (and perhaps sweatpants?) over his clothes and a beanie on his head, sneaks out the bathroom window, attacks Hatsune, returns inside the building with his normal clothes, purposely falls onto broken glass (to hide the scars made by Hatsune's nails), and then activates some sort of bomb inside the bride's car. Conan (as Kogoro) denies Tohru's deduction, claiming that all of it is false. He demonstrates that there are still cake remains on Banba's shoes (the cake should have been erased by outside puddles). Thereafter, Conan deduces that Hatsune received a call about an investigation she did beforehand. Upon hearing that she and Banba are actually fraternal twins (left by their parents who died in the fire), she went ballistic by scratching herself skin deep. She might have discovered her Turner syndrome diagnosis as well (which would explain her short height). Thus, Hatsune committed suicide using the materials inside the car as explosives. Everyone is shocked after hearing the unbelievable truth. Banba, of course, has a mental breakdown, and the case is finally ruled as suicide. Lastly, Tohru commends Kogoro for his brilliant deduction and strives to be his assistant. Kogoro is hesitant of course, but a large offer in money convinces him otherwise, so he finally accepts Tohru's deal. Conan doesn't reveal signs of suspicion yet... But we'll have to wait and see!

everyone, take note: the needle was still under Mouri's Chin after the case. He showed it stick under his chin. :grin:

If your confused, i started a topic a long time ago about the needle Conan always uses and usually never seen removing.

everyone, take note: the needle was still under Mouri's Chin after the case. He showed it stick under his chin. :grin:

If your confused, i started a topic a long time ago about the needle Conan always uses and usually never seen removing.

I see some wrinkles in one panel and Conan's hair point in another, but I don't see the needle after the original panel. Can you point it out?

Also there is what seems to be a coloring error in 2nd from the top left panel of the last page: Amuro's skin is white.

the needle is under his chin and Amuro should have been nearby. Usually after initial contact it disappears somehow. I couldn't seem to get the link to work, so i added it as an attachment. I don't know how those work, so let me know.

post-7366-0-91626300-1320110326_thumb.jp

the needle is under his chin and Amuro should have been nearby. Usually after initial contact it disappears somehow. I couldn't seem to get the link to work, so i added it as an attachment. I don't know how those work, so let me know.

post-7366-0-91626300-1320110326_thumb.jp

I saw the needle in that panel, but I thought you meant there was another panel where the needle was visible. The needle wasn't visible again after that first panel. How is this different from any other time Conan has used the dart?

I saw the needle in that panel, but I thought you meant there was another panel where the needle was visible. The needle wasn't visible again after that first panel. How is this different from any other time Conan has used the dart?

well, usually it the initial contact is only shown. Since his head his down, its logical for it not to be visible. His head is up and Amuro should have been in the area. Conan will shoot Kogoro in the head sometimes. Its more noticeable this time.

It's never been made clear whether Amuro has already worked part-time at Poirot since before this case or he's just recently (after the case) worked there. It's pretty odd that the scene at the end of the new file just cuts immediately to Kogoro and Amuro's conversation, without revealing any other information.

Guh, needle to Kogoro's throat(under chin whatever)...*gulps*

But what? Amuro is in Poirot now? A way to stay close Kogoro and Conan? Just like Sera who became friends with Ran... Or something...

I wanna see the translation~~~! *jumps around her room*

I know I'm repeating that in all of my posts here... -.-"

Okay, so after reading the brand new release of the file, it does turn out that Arumo began to worked at Poirot after the case, not before it. And that is if we actually believe in his words of course. (However I doubt he's lying because anyone can easily check with other employees/the owner about that information).

But there is still one thing I don't understand. Assume that Amuro is Bourbon, and he used this case as a chance to approach Kogoro (maybe even Conan), since doing that directly from the beginning might have raised suspicions (as Chekhov explained). But like Martell pointed out in the other thread, if there hadn't been any case (a suicide this time), Amuro could hardly have achieved his goal, since he had absolutely no excuse to get near Kogoro afterwards.

He couldn't have revealed himself as a detective, and eventually become Kogoro's apprentice, if she hadn't killed herself (even if she was still alive and the wedding happened like normal, Amuro still could not reveal his identity to Kogoro, because Kogoro would likely tell his friend that his about-to-be-wife has been spying on him, and I doubt that the wife would want that).

Okay, we can assume that Amuro didn't need any suicide/murder, since he was going to stalk on Kogoro anyway, but I can't see any method of doing that without raising any suspicion. A "clumsy" waiter, whom they have just met the first time from some random restaurant, suddenly appears at Poirot some days later. That sounds even more suspicious than just working there from the beginning. And with Conan's personality, he would likely to be keeping his eyes on such persons, even if Amuro doesn't do anything special.

However, let's just go back to the main point: Either way (working there from the beginning OR after this case), Amuro would never have found any perfect excuse to get that near to Kogoro and Conan (if the suicide hadn't taken place), without letting them suspect him. Even if they doesn't find him suspicious now, they will very soon later, it is just the matter of time.

P/S: Also, in the last scene, Conan comments Amuro as: "Another one of these pain-in-the-necks..." I wonder who are/is the other one(s) he's thinking about ?

I think he refer to Eisuke. He reminds Shinichi Eisuke, so Shinichi know who hes dealing with. If Amuro is Bourbon, Shinichi won't make it easy for him to figure out. Eisuke is the first who alert Shinichi of his investigation. Shinichi immediately know who he's up against.

Or Sera.

I think so too.

Or then all who have been mysterious when they have been introduced... I mean Jodie, Akai, (Black,) Eisuke, (Okiya,) Sera and now Amuro too...

Hm... Wow. This is getting really interesting... Especially since the 800th file is coming up! I wonder what Gosho is planning...

I think he was talking about Sera, but who knows?

And I'm curious to see how Amuro will act around Conan...