Detective Conan World
Detective Rohit

The Beauty Of The Celestal Heavens

What I know about the planets:

Sun=Sol, Roman God of the Sun...counterpart of Greek god Helios and often confused with Apollo

Mercury=Roman counterpart of Hermes, the messenger god, god of trickery, god who invented the lyre...

Venus=Who doesn't know who she is?

Mars=Roman god of war, representing the brutality of war in contrast to Athena/Minerva's focus on war strategies

Jupiter=Zeus, father of gods and men, husband of Hera/Juno, youngest among his siblings, cared for by the Hyades as a child, god of marriages, who rules from his throne in Mount Olympus, thought by the Greeks to be the highest mountain in the world, father of Perseus, Hercules, and many other Greek heroes...

Saturn=or Cronus, the father of Zeus/Jupiter and husband of Rhea who swallowed his sons when they were born to keep any from taking his throne

Uranus=or the Greek Ouranus, he was father sky, the husband of Gaea and father of the titans and the hundred-handed monsters

Neptune=Poseidon; the god of the sea, brother to Zeus, Hera, Hestia, Demeter, and Hades, husband of Amphitrite

So you see, I really don't know much about the planets themselves

I am soooooooo impressed.... XD

Sun=Sol, Roman God of the Sun...counterpart of Greek god Helios and often confused with Apollo

Mercury=Roman counterpart of Hermes, the messenger god, god of trickery, god who invented the lyre...

Mars=Roman god of war, representing the brutality of war in contrast to Athena/Minerva's focus on war strategies

Jupiter=Zeus, father of gods and men, husband of Hera/Juno, youngest among his siblings, cared for by the Hyades as a child, god of marriages, who rules from his throne in Mount Olympus, thought by the Greeks to be the highest mountain in the world, father of Perseus, Hercules, and many other Greek heroes...

Saturn=or Cronus, the father of Zeus/Jupiter and husband of Rhea who swallowed his sons when they were born to keep any from taking his throne

Uranus=or the Greek Ouranus, he was father sky, the husband of Gaea and father of the titans and the hundred-handed monsters

Neptune=Poseidon; the god of the sea, brother to Zeus, Hera, Hestia, Demeter, and Hades, husband of Amphitrite

I know these too, although I don't really have many knowledge about the Gods themselves :P

I know these too, although I don't really have many knowledge about the Gods themselves :P

Yeah, it's common knowledge...I'm just saying that I know more about the Greek myths than about the planets. Therefore I don't know much at all about astronomy. D:

I can tell you that Ganymede replaced Hebe--Zeus' daughter and goddess of youth and Hercules' third wife--as the god's 'waiter' but I don't know much about it except that it's Jupiter's largest satellite

I know the goddess with three persons: Diana/Artemis, goddess of the hunt, twin of Apollo, one of the three virgin goddesses, whose favorite animal is the dear, and who loved the hunter Orion, who gives painless deaths to women giving birth using her silver arrows who is also associated with Selene/Luna, goddess of the moon, and Hecate, goddess of crossroads who lives in the underworld and has the face of a dog

Gemini is the constellation named after Castor and Pollux, the sons of Leda and brothers of Hellen of Sparta; one was mortal and the other was the son of Zeus, and when one died, the other begged to take his place. Some myths say that they are together forever, in Olympus one day and in Dys the next. Others say that they are never together and that when one is in Olympus, the other is in Hades.

Orion the hunter is said to have been bitten by a scorpion, shot by Artemis with her silver arrows through Apollo's trickery, or killed by her because she was envious of Aurora the dawn...

Ursa Major/Minor...well, if I remember correctly, the one was a mother changed into a bear and the other was her son who was changed into a bear so he wouldn't kill her or something like that.

And so much more...

Yeah, it's common knowledge...I'm just saying that I know more about the Greek myths than about the planets. Therefore I don't know much at all about astronomy. D:

I can tell you that Ganymede replaced Hebe--Zeus' daughter and goddess of youth and Hercules' third wife--as the god's 'waiter' but I don't know much about it except that it's Jupiter's largest satellite

I know the goddess with three persons: Diana/Artemis, goddess of the hunt, twin of Apollo, one of the three virgin goddesses, whose favorite animal is the dear, and who loved the hunter Orion, who gives painless deaths to women giving birth using her silver arrows who is also associated with Selene/Luna, goddess of the moon, and Hecate, goddess of crossroads who lives in the underworld and has the face of a dog

Gemini is the constellation named after Castor and Pollux, the sons of Leda and brothers of Hellen of Sparta; one was mortal and the other was the son of Zeus, and when one died, the other begged to take his place. Some myths say that they are together forever, in Olympus one day and in Dys the next. Others say that they are never together and that when one is in Olympus, the other is in Hades.

Orion the hunter is said to have been bitten by a scorpion, shot by Artemis with her silver arrows through Apollo's trickery, or killed by her because she was envious of Aurora the dawn...

Ursa Major/Minor...well, if I remember correctly, the one was a mother changed into a bear and the other was her son who was changed into a bear so he wouldn't kill her or something like that.

And so much more...

Greek Mythology can be awesome at times :)

Can anyone answer my questions here?

1. What is the center of the Milky Way called and what is it exactly?

2. Didn't Einstein have, like, two theories of relativity or something?

Sorry if this has already been covered. XD

So they named the planets with the Roman names... :mellow:

Can anyone answer my questions here?

1. What is the center of the Milky Way called and what is it exactly?

2. Didn't Einstein have, like, two theories of relativity or something?

Sorry if this has already been covered. XD

1) They say at the centre of our galaxy lies a black hole with 10 million times the mass of your sun. We cannot actually see our Galactic Centre as Dust block our way.

2)Yes, General Theory Of Relativity and Photoelectric effect.(He was awarded noble prize for the latter)

1) They say at the centre of our galaxy lies a black hole with 10 million times the mass of your sun. We cannot actually see our Galactic Centre as Dust block our way.

2)Yes, General Theory Of Relativity and Photoelectric effect.(He was awarded noble prize for the latter)

Okay, thanks! But what's the Photoelectric Effect?

By the way, wht's the name of the telescope that will replace Hubble?

James Webb Space Telescope :) (Named after first manager of NASA)

And US Congress wants to cancel the project..-.-* for being expensive. JWST will be orbiting around the sun at L2 point..thus escaping Earth's shadow.(Though you didnt ask for it, i love writing facts :D )