Detective Conan World
yungching

yungching's art thread

Oh, this is very good. And in some way... he looks cute. Gaah! What am I saying?! Vodka is not cute! He is a member of a evil organization! He can't be cute! ...But in this picture...

Oh, this is very good. And in some way... he looks cute. Gaah! What am I saying?! Vodka is not cute! He is a member of a evil organization! He can't be cute! ...But in this picture...

ROFL xDDD, I guess it's my fault... ;) Thanks anyway :mrgreen:

Thanks! :) If only I was as good as you at shading...

PS: Can I call you Cure-kun? Please? :unsure:

Yes it is fine. many people are familiar with that name.

for the shading, I use different type of pencils (4H, F, HB, 2B, 4B, 6B) and stumps for smudging to make the shades smooth. but in your case, even without the tools, that is very good shading. :) Keep it up!! XD

Yes it is fine. many people are familiar with that name.

for the shading, I use different type of pencils (4H, F, HB, 2B, 4B, 6B) and stumps for smudging to make the shades smooth. but in your case, even without the tools, that is very good shading. :) Keep it up!! XD

All I used was a mechanical pencil :mellow: I have a set of pencils from 8Black to 2Hard, and even though they probably aren't very good pencils (They are O'BONs) , I don't dare to use them because they look too professional :P

Recently, I bought one packet of 6 6B pencils and another packet of 6 10B pencils, but when I tried them, they look the same ==" are they supposed to be like that?

All I used was a mechanical pencil :mellow: I have a set of pencils from 8Black to 2Hard, and even though they probably aren't very good pencils (They are O'BONs) , I don't dare to use them because they look too professional :P

Recently, I bought one packet of 6 6B pencils and another packet of 6 10B pencils, but when I tried them, they look the same ==" are they supposed to be like that?

No problem, really.

I haven't used O'BONs.O_o I'd love to try it out though :P I have to try it out if it is good for me or not. :P

But I recommend you try them out. There is no good or bad, it's how you use them. If you get used to one type of pencil, it's weird when you try to use the other. Kinda like how it feels like when you use wooden pencil when you are used to Mechanical pencil. :mellow: ....or some thing like that.

Because 6B ~ 10B are so dark, it's kinda hard to tell when you are putting too much pressure on them. Same goes for 8H~10H they are super light, I can't tell the difference.

when you use pencils, grip loosely, and kinda slide through the paper, instead of pressing on the paper.

you can easily tell the difference when you rub them on your fingers and the wiping it off on the paper. :)

I love mechanical pencils, but the drawing ones (2.0 lead, I think.) are so expesive.. -.-.. $20+ each....

2H ~ 8B is a good start, actually. It's just that for me, 2H is still a little dark for me to use on some shades.

I sketch with F and HB (and for some shades), as well as H if I want to skech something extra, like shading boundaries. Of course, B is for dark shadings and H is for light shadings. :P

I think sketching with H ruins the paper(if you sketch too much) and B is just too dark for sketching and it will leave marks even though you erased them.

but you don't have to listen to me since I didn't eve ntake art class yet. =-= wish I did. :P

This is just based on the experiences, try it and eventually you'll get it. ^^

Awesome! I :wub: Vodka! I wanna see more fanart of him!

:) I might try drawing him again... We'll see, I only draw when I feel like it, otherwise the drawing doesn't turn out good :P

No problem, really.

I haven't used O'BONs.O_o I'd love to try it out though :P I have to try it out if it is good for me or not. :P

But I recommend you try them out. There is no good or bad, it's how you use them. If you get used to one type of pencil, it's weird when you try to use the other. Kinda like how it feels like when you use wooden pencil when you are used to Mechanical pencil. :mellow: ....or some thing like that.

Because 6B ~ 10B are so dark, it's kinda hard to tell when you are putting too much pressure on them. Same goes for 8H~10H they are super light, I can't tell the difference.

when you use pencils, grip loosely, and kinda slide through the paper, instead of pressing on the paper.

you can easily tell the difference when you rub them on your fingers and the wiping it off on the paper. :)

I love mechanical pencils, but the drawing ones (2.0 lead, I think.) are so expesive.. -.-.. $20+ each....

2H ~ 8B is a good start, actually. It's just that for me, 2H is still a little dark for me to use on some shades.

I sketch with F and HB (and for some shades), as well as H if I want to skech something extra, like shading boundaries. Of course, B is for dark shadings and H is for light shadings. :P

I think sketching with H ruins the paper(if you sketch too much) and B is just too dark for sketching and it will leave marks even though you erased them.

but you don't have to listen to me since I didn't eve ntake art class yet. =-= wish I did. :P

This is just based on the experiences, try it and eventually you'll get it. ^^

Wow... I don't even know what F and H pencils are :mellow:

I use 0.5 and 0.7 mechanical pencils, I've never seen a 2.0 one. And the thing is, no one sells 3B-10B and 1H-10H pencils here, everytime I go to a stationery store I look for them but they only sell the HB and 2B pencils.

Anyway, I just discovered this site that teaches us how to shade: http://www.toadhollowstudio.com/drawing_workshops/Shading_1.html

I've already tried it out, and it works :mrgreen: But I don't know how to apply it to my drawings :P Everything depends on where the light comes from and all <_< I guess it'll take some time and practice...

Thanks for the advice though :D

EDIT: Here's the set I have: http://myobon.com/product/lartiste

OH THOSE!!! Yes, I've tried them!! (I remember the unique # marks. lol)

They are very smooth~~!! It's great to begin with! I love them, but I couldn't buy it!!! 뉴_뉴....

and for shading lesson,.... I'm going to check it out when I have time.

F mean Fine. It's a bit softer that HB (a.k.a, #2 pencil). there's variety of lead sizes. thinest I've seen was .3, and the thickest was 5.0 I think., I believe.

I had a lot of time during our exams today (even after checking and rechecking my answers) so I "drew" this. Just to show that I think of DCW even during exams :D (Is that good or bad??? :blink: ) I don't know where I should post this... Anyway, here:

post-11685-0-17584900-1320164985_thumb.j

post-11685-0-78668900-1320164989_thumb.j

post-11685-0-32015200-1320164992_thumb.j

post-11685-0-53612700-1320164996_thumb.j

post-11685-0-77487700-1320332698_thumb.j

post-11685-0-80123000-1320332709_thumb.j

post-11685-0-73226000-1320332716_thumb.j

post-11685-0-71176700-1320332720_thumb.j

post-11685-0-92579700-1320332726_thumb.j

post-11685-0-09160000-1320332735_thumb.j

post-11685-0-14495300-1320332748_thumb.j

post-11685-0-65983400-1324830765_thumb.j

post-11685-0-07368600-1320332766_thumb.j

Edit: Updated! :D

2nd Edit: I just realised after 2 months that I forgot to upload Misaki-chan's. So here it is: post-11685-0-09354000-1324654819_thumb.j

I'm very very sorry, I found it while clearing my computer today :P

3rd edit:

post-11685-0-13807900-1324830718_thumb.j I know, the C doesn't look like a C and it's the first time a draw an X... :mellow:

post-11685-0-57916800-1324830722_thumb.j

Sorry, they're so dark the scanner isn't working... <_< <_< <_< Anyway, hope you like it :P

• Upvote 3

:D These are so funny! I like them!

LOL I'm very bad at drawing those block letters, for the second DCW you can't even see the letters... Oh well... Maybe I'll have more time today so I can do your's :D

LOL I'm very bad at drawing those block letters, for the second DCW you can't even see the letters... Oh well... Maybe I'll have more time today so I can do your's :D

I'll be waiting for that. :D